Jimmy Buffett concert "rules"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Buffett concert "rules"

Interesting to just find this item on the Advertiser's website.
    Strict limits for Jimmy Buffett concert Thursday
    Due to anticipated high attendance at Jimmy Buffett's Waikiki Shell concert, 7 p.m. Thursday, Parrotheads are cautioned that there will be stringent limits on what can be brought to the show. In short: bring yourself and little else.
    The following items will be strictly prohibited:

i Coolers, large bags, backpacks.
    i Outside food and beverages.
    i All glass and plastic bottles, including water bottles.
    i All cameras, video and audio recorders.
    i Lawn chairs.
    i Glow wands, laser lights, pens or pointers.
    i Signage larger than 12 inches by 12 inches.

The restrictions were imposed by Buffett's management.
    Further, tailgating parties or pre-performance picnics in the parking lot will not be allowed.
    Well. Pfffbbbbttttt. Fortunately I've seen him in concert many many times, since I'm unable to go this time.
    One of those earlier times, they also had a "no beverages" rule. We beat it in what I feel was a fairly creative way:
    There were four of us couples going to the concert together and seated together. We all met up at one person's home, where we made several blenders of (of course) margaritas. We used the margaritas to fill eight plastic bags, courtesy of a Seal-A-Meal appliance.
    One of the girls had a friend who was built like Dolly Parton (or like Dog The Bounty Hunter's wife Beth, if you will). We had borrowed four bras from her, which our four girls put on and then filled with the eight Seal-A-Meal bags full of margaritas.
    We really enjoyed that particular Buffett concert.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Jimmy Buffett concert "rules"

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    One of the girls had a friend who was built like Dolly Parton (or like Dog The Bounty Hunter's wife Beth, if you will). We had borrowed four bras from her, which our four girls put on and then filled with the eight Seal-A-Meal bags full of margaritas.
    You should have attached a rubber baby nipple to those bags so you could drink the Margarita's straight out of their bras like you were breast feeding.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Interesting to just find this item on the Advertiser's website.

Well. Pfffbbbbttttt. Fortunately I've seen him in concert many many times, since I'm unable to go this time.
      One of those earlier times, they also had a "no beverages" rule. We beat it in what I feel was a fairly creative way:
      There were four of us couples going to the concert together and seated together. We all met up at one person's home, where we made several blenders of (of course) margaritas. We used the margaritas to fill eight plastic bags, courtesy of a Seal-A-Meal appliance.
      I need to go with you guys sometime! I'll buy the adult beverages!

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        You should have attached a rubber baby nipple to those bags so you could drink the Margarita's straight out of their bras like you were breast feeding.
        We may have done that. I just didn't recall much after the first few margaboobies.

Oh, I should also note that we didn't drive, we took a limo, knowing our motor skills would be weakened impaired destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui Tom View Post
          I need to go with you guys sometime! I'll buy the adult beverages!
          Well, you'd need to find the females willing to put very cold bags of margaritas on their chests and to wear them for at least half an hour. (Bags were in ice chests in the limo. Stuffed the bags into the bras in the limo at the last minute, sauntered past Security and on to the seats. Removed bags.)
          Our girls said once was enough.
          I'll miss those girls.

Comment

Well, you'd need to find the females willing to put very cold bags of margaritas on their chests and to wear them for at least half an hour. (Bags were in ice chests in the limo. Stuffed the bags into the bras in the limo at the last minute, sauntered past Security and on to the seats. Removed bags.)
            Our girls said once was enough.
            I'll miss those girls.
            That sure sounds wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too cold for me! LOL We're going to the concert on Thursday and to the pre-party at the Elks Club that the Pau Hana Parrotheads are throwing. We have a hotel room that night close by so we won't have to worry about driving home to Kaneohe.

By the way, if you know anyone who needs tickets, we have 2 extra that we need to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy View Post
              By the way, if you know anyone who needs tickets, we have 2 extra that we need to sell.
              Check your PM. I do know someone looking for tix!

Comment

I was bummed when I found out that the GA tickets were all sold out.

But thanks to my uncle blowing his back out at work, the boy and I get to go for free!

I don't know how long I've been filling up the flasks with whiskey and bringing it into the Shell. Those bad boys are strapped on tight. The guards don't bother checking that area above my buttcrack.
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                  I was bummed when I found out that the GA tickets were all sold out.

But thanks to my uncle blowing his back out at work, the boy and I get to go for free!

I don't know how long I've been filling up the flasks with whiskey and bringing it into the Shell. Those bad boys are strapped on tight. The guards don't bother checking that area above my buttcrack.
                  I'm forwarding this on to the security company at the shell............................................N OT!!! LOL

Comment

Oh that's a good one! On a hot day; that may actually feel good.

I've been able to stealth hide things in my life; attending many concerts. I still have a small AIWA stereo "walkman" type that recorded as well. I would stuff that into a small tampon box and well; say no more. No one ever guessed; nor ever wanted to look in there.

Now that was the days before metal detectors!
                    ~Aloha! Christina~
                    Greek by heritage, Australian by birth, American by chance, Hawaiian at heart.

Comment

Hmmm, wonder if there were any rules at the Jimmy concert I went to. You should have seen some of the stuff that people brought: fake palm trees, fake sand, blenders to make margaritas... Some of them had been there since the morning and partied all day appraently.

The worst part for me was having to put up with a guy behind me yelling "Jimmy!" about 50 times throughout the show. Oy!
                      'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
                        You should have seen some of the stuff that people brought: fake palm trees, fake sand, blenders to make margaritas...
                        Yep, I've seen all of that and more. And I've done most of that, including the 12-volt blender routine.
                        As for the "more"... not sure if I should say, because I'm not sure if the statute of limitations has expired yet. ... ...

So where ARE the good parking spots at the Shell these days?

Comment

Yep, I've seen all of that and more. And I've done most of that, including the 12-volt blender routine.
                          As for the "more"... not sure if I should say, because I'm not sure if the statute of limitations has expired yet. ... ...

So where ARE the good parking spots at the Shell these days?
                          We usually park in front of the Unity Church on Monsarratt and then just walk to the Shell.

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy View Post
                            We usually park in front of the Unity Church on Monsarratt and then just walk to the Shell.
                            Thanks. Good tip. But I'm thinking it'll be soooooo crowded that the best plan is to park at, maybe, Kahala Mall, and take a cab over and back.
                            You young people can walk.

Comment

Thanks. Good tip. But I'm thinking it'll be soooooo crowded that the best plan is to park at, maybe, Kahala Mall, and take a cab over and back.
                              You young people can walk.

I WISH I was young! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X