X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: End Of Times?

Originally posted by Pedro
    Kimo,
    You are right that the bible may have been altered and changed to fit our livelihood.
    "may have been"? make no mistake;
    It has DEFINITELY been changed to fit much more than our livelihood.
    Conquestidors(don't know if I spelled it right) did to the Mayans and the Aztecs, making them into slave's destroying their wonderful culture and slaughtering their village leaders all in pursuit of gold, and claiming land.
    sounds familiar...
    But where you are coming from is from a biased point of veiw.
    well, that may be so, and that also may be said of each and every stance posited by each and every human alive on the earth; insofar as we are functioning with a finite mind, trying to understand the '"infinite".
    And we all have varying degrees of understanding, and varying degrees of knowledge. But "where I am coming from" is also based on decades of study in the area of comparative religions (the exoteric and the esoteric) and researching the multitudinous monotheistic and polytheistic philosophies, religions, theologies of all ages and cultures. So I can safely assume I for one am just a wee bit less "biased" than most.
    To study the religions of the world and their origins requires an open mind; an unprejudicial mental stance, one that is NOT settled on one perspective, and since THAT is what "biased' is, I think your description of me is very much off.
    Last edited by kimo55; June 7, 2005, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy2
      You have the right to your own opinions. Attacking me and my personal beliefs in written form along with mocking all Christians is out of line.

Well, that is your opinion that I attacked you and mocked ALL christians.
      Is is also my opinion that my point could well be beyond the grasp of those that prefer to be personally offended by, as you say "my own opinions" and the general comments and observations on the general mass followers of a particulary young cult...
      Last edited by kimo55; June 7, 2005, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arrakis
        i believe in dioxyribonucleic acid and subatomic particles and quasars and neanderthals and the cenozoic era.
        i don't believe in gods or ghosts and religions or superstitions.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
        Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

William Shakespeare, "Hamlet"

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
          Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

William Shakespeare, "Hamlet"

Make no mistake I am begining to like you. But like you I have no answers and so much questions that go unspoken, unheard of and laughed quietly in the dark. But you and I will get no answers, well at least not now and by bashing Christianity we don't get any more answers but mixed feelings and sore bruises. When I am a hundred maybe I will have life's answer's and maybe not. Maybe not. Shucks!

I believe that wether their is a God or not their is a reason why we live. And everybody has a passion in life that make's them strong and able to perservere. One of my questions is when the chips are down and you about had enough how do you go on? Their is no answer... When you lost everything in your life worth losing. What is their to gain by going on? No Answer.... Does Science have any answers? Do religion? It's all up to the individual.
          A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Make no mistake I am begining to like you. But like you I have no answers and so much questions that go unspoken,
            for me, it is not so much a desparate need to have definite questions definitively answered, as much as having an internal, spiritual, synoptic perspective and higher understanding of the so-called "spiritual realm", much more than I did have before all these decades of study. Just to have a feeling of, "ok yea, this perspective feels more, well... 'logical' than say, the junk that was thrown at me for so many years by various and sundry dogmatic proselytizers from all corners, or the mormon teachings i was surrounded by, small keed time.

by bashing Christianity we don't get any more answers but mixed feelings and sore bruises.
            I don't see it so much as straightforward "bashing" as much as a proportionate response to years of contact with an amazingly pushy, arrogant, ethnocentric bully of a cult with the highest level of infighting seen by all humanity.

One of my questions is when the chips are down and you about had enough how do you go on? Their is no answer...
            no, there are answers. many.
            one may think; "ok, well it COULD be worse. So be happy it ain't!
            Looka da odda guy; he get no arms and feet. And he feels pity for the guy who can't see."

Or:
            "eh, that which does NOT kill us, makes us stronger.
            I get through this I am stronger in this area."

When you lost everything in your life worth losing. What is their to gain by going on?
            Hopefully, you come to the realization there are others with even less, and they are imbued with a happier disposition than you have. So what does that make you!?
            You see how much of a real person you can be by rebounding and trying to rebuild.
            If not, you goin be a freakin crybaby and give up?! what dey goin say on da odda side?!
            Last edited by kimo55; June 7, 2005, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Christianity itself is an intermingling of Pagan holidays to get Some of the pagans to convert.
              that is a what could be commonly referred to as an ethnocentric view. These pagan holidays came before christianity.

I think we touch on it in past threads:

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=4187

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=2451

Of course their is a lot of great religions dating back well before Christianity ever made it's triumphant appearance, of which I respect. These religions became the guidlines of peoples lives and the make up of their society, and establshment of their culture.
              and some of these may have made the incredible claim that THEY are the only way (although I doubt it.)
              What would make THAT religion any less or more real as the one based on a guy 2000 year ago, whose followers tell us is the ONLY way?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                for me, it is not so much a desparate need to have definite questions definitively answered, as much as having an internal, spiritual, synoptic perspective and higher understanding of the so-called "spiritual realm", much more than I did have before all these decades of study. Just to have a feeling of, "ok yea, this perspective feels more, well... 'logical' than say, the junk that was thrown at me for so many years by various and sundry dogmatic proselytizers from all corners, or the mormon teachings i was surrounded by, small keed time.

I don't see it so much as straightforward "bashing" as much as a proportionate response to years of contact with an amazingly pushy, arrogant, ethnocentric bully of a cult with the highest level of infighting seen by all humanity.

no, there are answers. many.
                one may think; "ok, well it COULD be worse. So be happy it ain't!
                Looka da odda guy; he get no arms and feet. And he feels pity for the guy who can't see."

Or:
                "eh, that which does NOT kill us, makes us stronger.
                I get through this I am stronger in this area."

Hopefully, you come to the realization there are others with even less, and they are imbued with a happier disposition than you have. So what does that make you!?
                You see how much of a real person you can be by rebounding and trying to rebuild.
                If not, you goin be a freakin crybaby and give up?! what dey goin say on da odda side?!
                Kimo,

I hear you on that one.

Comment

What's your opinion on how this world will end? If at all? Do you think something will happen from the earth's natural disasters or from a celestrial event? Something us humans might do? Or Jesus coming back? An inquiring mind wants to know.
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I always liked Robert Frost's answer.

Some say the world will end in fire,
                    Some say in ice.
                    From what I've tasted of desire
                    I hold with those who favor fire.
                    But if it had to perish twice,
                    I think I know enough of hate
                    To say that for destruction ice
                    Is also great
                    And would suffice.

Comment

Well I like to think "If it ENDs it ENDS." Nothing last forever. I don't know how it will end but all good things must come to an END. I just hope the human race doesn't end once the World goes. Ever heard of the Darwin saying "Survival Of The Fittest."? I just hope when the world ends I am in the most deepest part of my sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy2
                        What's your opinion on how this world will end? If at all? Do you think something will happen from the earth's natural disasters or from a celestrial event? Something us humans might do? Or Jesus coming back? An inquiring mind wants to know.
                        But seriously, what do you mean by "end"? If you're talking about the total destruction of the planet, be advised that it's not that easy to do (see How to destroy the Earth for details). Or do you mean the end of all life on earth, or the end of the human species, or the end of modern civilization? Each is progressively easier to do.

Comment

the end would probably be how its described in the bible.

the sun will turn black , moon will turn red , stars will fall , people would run try to hide. father made a good point when he said , we've been in the end times since the jesus died on the cross. but we might be in the end days in the end times. thiers signs for it , in the bible it says , when war is breaking out blah blah blah , but he also said about the signs.

'when the flowers bloom you know its time for spring. when these signs appear you know its time for the second coming' ... not quoted in the exact words just in bad memory.

timothy 2 chapter 3 made a interesting statement when he wrote about 'dangers of the last days' here it is...

'but understand this , there will be terrifying times in the last days people will be self-centered and lovers of money , proud , haughty , abusive , disobedient to their parents , ungrateful , irreligious , callous , implacable , slanderous , licentious , brutal , hating what is good , traitors , reckless , conceited , lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of god , as they make a pretense of relgion but deny its power .'

thats quoted word for word. page 1369
                          Ebb And Flow

Comment

Oh! You mean like here?

Comment

[QUOTE=Glen Miyashiro]But seriously, what do you mean by "end"?
                              The question asks... What's your opinion on how this world will end? If at all? So I'm not going to put any parameters on what "end" means to the responders. What about the possability of self anihilation, if we continue to pollute our world someday it will become uninhabitable. If the Earth still existed but with no life aboard, I think that is an end. But I hope that God saves us from that situation. Of course there's the very real possability of what the Bible tells us. And that's the opinion I choose to go with.
                              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X