X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pzarquon
    replied
    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

So, who's furiously reading through "Deathly Hallows" this weekend? I know lots of people who are sequestering themselves from TV and the web until they're done, given the fact that there are always jokers dead set on ruining things for everyone.

Did you go to any midnight book sales? I was curious how things went at our local bookseller here in Mililani, but decided I liked sleep better.

Here's the latest title stacked up near the entrance to the Costco in Waipio!

Leave a comment:

• kupomog
    replied

Found out my absolute favorite character dies in this book. Awesome. Thanks JKR

Hoping I can get this early on Saturday, and if not, I hope I can bribe people to take me to the mall before/after the collector's show at Blaisdell.

Leave a comment:

• Adri
    replied

Originally posted by Random View Post
    Yeah, but it won't be as good as her Harry Potter works. I think she peaked too soon for a fiction writer. Anything she write afterward is just second-rate.
    Ah, well. In that case, she can just luxuriate in the high life and be one of the idle rich

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by Adri View Post
    Well, she was talented enough to create a world. Hopefully she can create another world. or perhaps stay in the world she created and just move on to other characters.
    Yeah, but it won't be as good as her Harry Potter works. I think she peaked too soon for a fiction writer. Anything she write afterward is just second-rate.

Leave a comment:

• Adri
    replied

But what would she write?

Would she allow other writers to write about the Harry Potter Universe ... without Harry Potter?
    Well, she was talented enough to create a world. Hopefully she can create another world. or perhaps stay in the world she created and just move on to other characters.

Leave a comment:

• glossyp
    replied

Despite all the uproar about the early shipping of some of the books, I was surprised to see this at one of the blogs I visit from time to time. More an indictment of the AP's journalistic ethics than anything else. Vodka Pundit.

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    replied

Do Not click on the link if you don't want to have the book spoiled for you.
    This is the ONLY real spoiler I've seen. So don't click on this link to see what really happens.....http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...ead.php?t=7319
    You've been warned!!!

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by Adri View Post
    I assume JK wouldn't have to ever work again either but I hope she keeps writing.
    But what would she write?

Would she allow other writers to write about the Harry Potter Universe ... without Harry Potter?

Leave a comment:

• Adri
    replied

I saw an interview with Emma Watson in which she was wondering what she'd do post-HP. She said she (and presumably the other main HP actors) wouldn't have to work again if they didn't want to. I assume JK wouldn't have to ever work again either but I hope she keeps writing.

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    replied

Hmm. I wonder if JK Rowling is pretty much set for life, after the release of the last HP book.

I mean, what is she planning to do afterward? Announce her retirement?
    She's set for life, I'd say
    With a few flicks of his magic wand, Harry Potter has turned Rowling into a billionaire (we estimate she's worth $1 billion). She's one of only five self-made female billionaires, and the first billion-dollar author.
    If I was JK, I'd retire and count money all day.

SOURCE

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Hmm. I wonder if JK Rowling is pretty much set for life, after the release of the last HP book.

I mean, what is she planning to do afterward? Announce her retirement?

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    replied

In a few days the world will know how Harry Potter will end. IMO, MSNBC's Keith Olbermann has the BEST prediction I've heard
    So why not this ending? Harry eliminates all but one of Voldemort’s horcruxes. The dark lord’s life is now reduced to this undulating welt on Harry’s own forehead. To kill Voldemort, Harry must kill himself and is about to, as millions of readers recoil in horror and anger, when who steps out of the shadows but Snape to explain to Harry that there is another way that the last horcrux, Harry’s scar, can be removed, but at one dreadful price.

Harry can survive it, but his magical skills cannot. To finally vanquish Voldemort, save Hogwarts and Hermione and Ron, and, in fact the magical world, to say nothing of the J.K. Rowling franchise for decades and generations to come, Harry Potter must give up being a wizard. Not bad, huh? The series ends up with self-sacrifice. Uplifting self-sacrifice, but not the commercially disastrous death of the hero. And readers 100 years from now will still be buying the Potter books or getting the Potter chips injected into their brains, or however people read come that day.
    We will just have to wait and see......

SOURCE

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    replied

On her site JK Rowling announced the publication date of the last book:
    Thursday 1 February 2007
    Publication Date for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be published on Saturday 21st July 2007 at 00:01 BST in the UK and at 00:01 in the USA. It will also be released at 00:01 BST on Saturday 21st July in other English speaking countries around the world.
    source

Can't wait!

Leave a comment:

• DannyWilliams
    replied

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
    rumors say 07/07/07....but who knows

Strange, tieing in with the movie release of OOTP egh?

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    replied

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
    Anyone knows the supposed target date on this final book?

The way Half Blood Prince ended I wanna know..........

Does Rowling REALLY kills off Dumbledore and Snape made me go WHAT THE?!?!?!?
    rumors say 07/07/07....but who knows

Leave a comment:

Working...
X