• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

Clarification time:
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/77527/nigga_vs_nigger/
    http://www.eminem.net/other/video/term_nigga_vs_nigger/
    http://www.jwharrison.com/blog/2007/...ng-the-n-word/

Don't forget to take notes. You will be tested on this later.
    "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

While doing some research at the library today I was looking at the reference books that cover back issues of both the Advertiser and Star Bulletin so you can look up subjects via date on microfilm. While thumbing thru the book in 1982 I see "Negroes" listed as a reference to black people in the news in Hawaii. Granted this was long before the PC term "African American" came into vogue, but I was a bit surprised in 1982 that term was even used.

Anyways back on topic, it appears Dog's son, Tucker sold his daddy down the river for "a lot of money":

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071102/..._duane_chapman

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
        Blacks can't have it both ways.

Aloha
        What scientific law dictates this? Does it say that in Wikipedia?

Who makes jokes about Jewish people all the time? Jewish comedians, like the creators of South Park. Who makes fun of Koreans all the time? Margaret Cho. Filipino dialects? Rex Navarette. Mexicans? Pablo Francisco.

Come on now. You honestly think you can dictate how an ethnic or cultural group decides how to identify itself?
        ---
        Gene

"A man can surely do what he wills to do, but cannot determine what he wills." - Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
          I won't call you the "S" word but I don't see the difference. The discussion is on the use of the "N" word by Dog or anyone else. The arguement is that all non-black people should never utter the "N" word even though blacks do it all the time.

Is it only Dog who lives under verbal limitations?
          No, one is discussion of a specific incident of use of Nx.

The other is a broader discussion of the general use of Nx.

Quite clear to me.

And to me it seems that the general discussion might draw a different crowd from the title of this thread. Some might avoid it, based on the title, while others would be drawn to it, based on the title.

Seems prudent to me to split them and focus the two discussions more sharply, to the benefit of the participants of each thread.

You gettum?
          Last edited by zztype; November 1, 2007, 10:32 PM.
          Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
            Anyways back on topic, it appears Dog's son, Tucker sold his daddy down the river for "a lot of money":

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071102/..._duane_chapman

Aj
            And the Dog was worried about his son's girlfriend selling him out?

Makes me glad I kept my life and my thoughts private.
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by genepark View Post
              Who makes jokes about Jewish people all the time? Jewish comedians, like the creators of South Park. Who makes fun of Koreans all the time? Margaret Cho. Filipino dialects? Rex Navarette.
              Rex Nava-who?

Is he better than Mel Cabang, Augie T, and Andy Bumatai?

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                But really. Does anyone really consider Dog Chapman an exemplar of polite society?
                Shrugs. He's a celeb, which can range from Tom Cruise to Joey Buttafouco. No matter where they are, they're going to be scrutinized under the media's microscope.

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                As to how Dog views local folks — it's a function of his job to see us all as perps and potential perps.
                So long you don't skipped bail or have your face plastered on a Wanted poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                  Rex Nava-who?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O2coJq7ztU

The above is his most famous routine, about a Filipino packing company called SBC Packers.

We're also acquaintances. He was once engaged to a friend of mine.
                  Last edited by genepark; November 1, 2007, 11:56 PM.
                  ---
                  Gene

"A man can surely do what he wills to do, but cannot determine what he wills." - Schopenhauer

Comment

I love how it's always "because of the media" that stuff like this goes down.

Looks like there are a lot of consumers out there...

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                      Shoot...he coulda said she was a goat feltching, boxcar skulled pea-brain in the tertiary stages of syphilis

Now, that's funny! Can I borrow for another thread? I'm getting called out for trash talkin' wars and this is just too good to not use again.....
                      So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
                        Now, that's funny! Can I borrow for another thread? I'm getting called out for trash talkin' wars and this is just too good to not use again.....
                        Heh...sure, use it at your own peril.

{Disclaimer}

Peshkwe provides no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability, fitness for a particular purpose, usefulness or completeness of any information furnished, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility if usage causes participating heads going all 'sploady. All fora cleaning and repair is entirely the responsibility of the user.

Comment

Originally posted by dick View Post
                          I love how it's always "because of the media" that stuff like this goes down.
                          Looks like there are a lot of consumers out there...
                          Right you are - it's a symbiotic relationship.

Comment

I hope most of you read Lee Cataluna's column today in the Advertiser. She's hit the proverbial nail on its proverbial head.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                              Rex Nava-who?

rex is a veteran of the mainland flip comedy circuit who, in the last several years, made hawaii his home. a canuck flip living in san diego turned me on to rex about five years ago.

he's indubitably better than mel and augie. i'd say andy and rex are the same level, tho not similar. they both touch on the theme of being an older fili-american, but in different ways since diff experiences make for diff stories.

besides the SBC bit, rex is well known even on the 'net for marites and superfriends, which eric linked to here.

back on topic, i'd say that if dog was so paranoid about being caught on tape saying the n-word and having it affect the well-being of his babies, then why say it, ever? then again, it's not as if we expect the dog et al. to be paragons of virtue, either. that his son is who turned in the tape to the enquirer says a lot more about the whole chapman crew than dog's multiple n-spewing.
                              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                                rex is a veteran of the mainland flip comedy circuit who, in the last several years, made hawaii his home. a canuck flip living in san diego turned me on to rex about five years ago.

he's indubitably better than mel and augie. i'd say andy and rex are the same level, tho not similar. they both touch on the theme of being an older fili-american, but in different ways since diff experiences make for diff stories.

besides the SBC bit, rex is well known even on the 'net for marites and superfriends, which eric linked to here.

back on topic, i'd say that if dog was so paranoid about being caught on tape saying the n-word and having it affect the well-being of his babies, then why say it, ever? then again, it's not as if we expect the dog et al. to be paragons of virtue, either. that his son is who turned in the tape to the enquirer says a lot more about the whole chapman crew than dog's multiple n-spewing.

I have a feeling that the use of the n-bomb by the pup in referring to the girlfriend was a regular thing in the ....erm....'conversations'...the two had, as possibly was the paranoia about it getting to the Enquirer.

I have a feeling that the idea of the kid giving up the tape to the rag came about from puppyman's fretting about it before the taped conversation....unless Tucker made it a habit of taping all father and son convos.

If that's the case....it's very sad and would say much more than using the n-bomb.

Comment

Working...
                                X