Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

There will indeed be a Hawaiian episode. Jon has cousins and aunties on Kauai, Maui, and Oahu. The family has been invited to Maui for a show.

Comment

I tried to watch a rerun of this show yesterday.

Oh. My. God. The screaming and yelling and fighting and crying and whining... I just couldn't take it anymore after 15 minutes!! I wish I could watch it in closed captioning, cuz I can't stand to listen!
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by alohatim View Post
        There will indeed be a Hawaiian episode. Jon has cousins and aunties on Kauai, Maui, and Oahu. The family has been invited to Maui for a show.
        I look forward to it! What fun they'll have and what
        fun it will be them traveling here......the drive to Orlando was quite interesting for their Disneyworld trip.
        I hope they stay somewhere fun for kids like the Grand Wailea that pool there is awesome and the swim up bar should provide relief for others encountering them in the pool! Know when they are going to be there?

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
          I look forward to it! What fun they'll have and what
          fun it will be them traveling here......the drive to Orlando was quite interesting for their Disneyworld trip.
          I hope they stay somewhere fun for kids like the Grand Wailea that pool there is awesome and the swim up bar should provide relief for others encountering them in the pool! Know when they are going to be there?
          Oh this is great news!
          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
          We're not here to mess around
          Boston, you know we love you madly
          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
          You know we couldn't live without you
          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I think my friend (Jon's cousin) said it will be later this summer. She also told me the hotel that was sponsoring the trip--but I can't remember the name. It could be Grand Wailea, but I am not sure. Wherever it is, it should be fun!

Comment

I think my friend (Jon's cousin) said it will be later this summer. She also told me the hotel that was sponsoring the trip--but I can't remember the name. It could be Grand Wailea, but I am not sure. Wherever it is, it should be fun!
              The Grand Wailea is so crowded and huge that no one will notice if they
              are there anyway! The pool is huge with so much for kids (and adults)
              to do. I must tell my mother she is a total nut for this show! Let us know
              if you hear anything further!

Comment

Local family members are going on August 12. I think the Gosselin's will be there for 2 weeks around that date. I heard the Jon and Kate will renew their wedding vows.

Comment

Oh, the holiday weekend. What a fun time for them! They couldn't pick a nicer place for vow renewal that's for sure.

I've stayed there many times and find it a refined Waikoloa - it's a great
                  place for kids. I hope they stay on the Naupaka Terrace floor it's a great
                  haven from the masses.

I just noticed I wrote "it's a great" twice above each one! It's a Monday....I'm on a food hangover! :-)
                  Last edited by leashlaws; July 21, 2008, 10:31 AM. Reason: Ijt's a Monday thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                    I only caught the last 10 minutes of the Korean dinner last night, and I hope to watch the rest on DVR tonight. I was surprised the kids (and Kate) took to the kim chee. I thought for sure they wouldn't like it. Heck, even I have a hard time with it!

I recall reading an article somewhere where Jon mentions his ties to Hawai'i. If I can find it, I'll post the link. I do recall in an early episode him saying "benjo!" when the kids needed a potty break.

Anyone else notice that Aunt Jodi/Beth/other people who know and love them are nowhere to be found in the most recent episodes?
                    in another eppy, where they went to a play gym, one of the girls was in a foam barrel & passed gas. the barrel contained the noxious smell and focused it right into jon's face when he looked into the barrel. he then said something about "bangu" or "pangu," which is their family's code for "fart."

i don't really think the absence of jodi/beth et al is really any commentary on the family's actual lives. i think the producers want to show other aspects of the gosselins.

p.s. have any of you seen the vitriol online against the show, particularly against kate? whew!
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                      in another eppy, where they went to a play gym, one of the girls was in a foam barrel & passed gas. the barrel contained the noxious smell and focused it right into jon's face when he looked into the barrel. he then said something about "bangu" or "pangu," which is their family's code for "fart."

i don't really think the absence of jodi/beth et al is really any commentary on the family's actual lives. i think the producers want to show other aspects of the gosselins.

p.s. have any of you seen the vitriol online against the show, particularly against kate? whew!
                      I used to post on JK8forum.com and voluntarily left because some of the posters there are just batsh*t crazy. They say all opinions are welcome, but that's just BS. If you don't hate Kate as much as they do, they'll pick on you.

Have you read "Jodi's sister's" blog yet? Good stuff, I tell you:

Why Aunt Jodi will no longer be on the show (according to someone who claims to be Jodi's sister)
                      Last edited by Lei Liko; July 22, 2008, 11:26 AM.

Comment

That link didn't work when I tried it, but I did find this about Aunt Jodi. Apparently she is on a 'blogging warpath'.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                          That link didn't work when I tried it, but I did find this about Aunt Jodi. Apparently she is on a 'blogging warpath'.
                          Hm, not sure why it didn't work, but the link to the whole blog itself is here: http://truthbreedshatred.blogspot.com/

The post I was referencing is in June entitled "No More Aunt Jodi".

ETA: Now that I actually clicked on your link, we're talking about the same blog.

Comment

I can't watch the show, but I really feel for Jodi. How could someone treat an Auntie like that?! This is a sad situation. Television shows come and go, but Aunties are forever. Shame on Jon and Kate.

Comment

Just to clarify. That particular blog is not written by Jodi but her sister. I watch this show every now and then and tune in mostly for the kids but I for one cannot stand Kate and how she treats those that help her i.e Jodi. If it is true about their upcoming trip to Maui I will definitely be looking forward to that episode. I enjoyed the Roloff's trip to Maui (Little People, Big World) so it would be fun to see the Gosselins.

Comment

I'm in love with this show! There is so much crap on TV now...I'm sick of dating shows, lame reality shows and hour long dramas. I don't like shows where you have to watch every single episode to understand what's going on. JK+8 is the only reality show that I watch because there's no drunk people or people trying to get hooked up!

The kids are so cute & Mady reminds me of me! I totally have the middle child syndrome! lol

I think Jon & Kate do the best they can with parenting...hello, they have 8 kids! I'm sure it's not easy, and at the end of the day they don't have time for private discussions on parenting or "how was your day?". They probably just have enough time to brush their teeth & turn off the light before they pass out in bed!

Bitter & Sweet....all in one bite.

Comment

Working...
                                X