X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acousticlady
    replied
    Re: Gilligan's Island

Have to go with the professor on this one - being a girl and all....... I loved all of his inventions. And as far as which guy on GI was cutest - no contest.

Leave a comment:

• cyleet99
    replied

I have heard possum stew is not too bad. The closest i ever got was chasing one off my deck when we lived in Virginia. Beady-eyed bugger was probably at least 30 pounds. Oh, yeah...oops, Gilligan's Island.

Did their clothes ever wear out?

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Well I have seen her legs and she's neck and neck with Ava Gabor of Green acres for drop dead beauty.

I'm off to Hooterville!

And she's dead too. I'm sorry I guess I just have a preference towards island girls. That's why I married one.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

Well I have seen her legs and she's neck and neck with Ava Gabor of Green acres for drop dead beauty.

I'm off to Hooterville!

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

And I'll take Ellie Mae Clampett over both Ginger and Mary Ann, if I HAD to choose.
    So how come "Other" wasn't selected in the poll? That is still at zero.

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen Ellie Mae's legs.

I'll take Ginger or Mary Ann any day. I don't think I can handle Possum stew
    Wasn't there a couple of episodes of Ellie May swimming in the cement pond? And oh by the way Ellie Mae would never make possum stew. It's a critter and she don't make critter stew. Grannie would through. Beside since when possums are on pacific islands?

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

And I'll take Ellie Mae Clampett over both Ginger and Mary Ann, if I HAD to choose.
    Good you choose Ellie Mae cuz I'd hate to marry into that family. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen Ellie Mae's legs.

I'll take Ginger or Mary Ann any day. I don't think I can handle Possum stew

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Poll was added some time ago by Ryan since he has the power to add polls after a thread has started.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

I think The Beverly Hillbillies was way funnier than Gilligan's Island, esspecially BH's first 2 seasons, just hillarious. And I'll take Ellie Mae Clampett over both Ginger and Mary Ann, if I HAD to choose.
    Same here. Although, a case could be made for Jane Hathaway ("Miss Jane", the Drysdale's secretary) too.
    As for this thread, I hadn't seen the poll before and just cast my vote. Notice there is now one vote for The Skipper.
    Surprise.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

Just like with The Beverly Hillbillies, they re-shot the opening scenes when they went Technicolor, but stayed true to the script.

I think The Beverly Hillbillies was way funnier than Gilligan's Island, esspecially BH's first 2 seasons, just hillarious. And I'll take Ellie Mae Clampett over both Ginger and Mary Ann, if I HAD to choose.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

What else besides the shots of Coconut Island
    Sort of noticed that the island shown during first season starting credits (the black and white version) is different from the one shown during the second and third season starting credits (the color version).

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
    Dawn Wells, who starred as Mary Ann on the television show "Gilligan's Island," was sentenced to serve six months probation for having marijuana in her car,.
    If I had to be cooped up with Gilligan on a deserted isle all those years, I'd be smokin' loco weed the rest of my life too!

Ofa 'atu
    Mui Houma

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Even though I really like the quote I promise you this, that and the other thing. The ultimate Gilligan's Island quote has to be Mr. Howell's A Howell never runs in the face of danger, *boom* (from an exploding plate) he walks very fast!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

it's true our moderator helen,i once saw a documentary on gilligan's island and the first people who were cast's for ginger and the professor and a few other's were different only everyone know's how the story became when the now celebritie's some now deceased and a few living that it was a good show and when i was young,i had my lunch watching that show and it was lol!:O) I Thought this show was a hoot!

Well thank's for your time also when someone posted that sansei could be gilligan,it would've been partially true since im skinny enough and im only 5/4 inches and my weight is now in the 120's so if it were happened that i'd be cast as gilligan,it would be lol since i have the body of once living gilligan and in same weight range before passing only im to shy so i wouldnt be a good canditate for this program.:O)

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

I thought I saw all of the episodes in the past but I encountered one that I never saw before. It's about Gilligan writing a diary and the other castaways having different views of the time they were captured by the Japanese sailor played by Vito Scotti.

Leave a comment:

• oceanpacific
    replied

I have a niece, almost 20, who attends college on the west coast. She is a big fan of GILLIGAN'S ISLAND and has the first season DVD-set.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X