• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helen
    replied
    Re: Gilligan's Island

Originally posted by RoyalHawaiian View Post
    I don't know if I would have gone for the loco week if I was cooped up with Gilligan but I do know after awhile I'd of killed him. After all the times he messed up and did something to prevent everyone from being rescued you would have thought that they would have got together one time and strung him up.
    You have to keep in mind that the TV series Gilligan's Island is a sitcom not reality TV. The storylines were meant to incite laughter, of course it was mostly done with antics of Gilligan, but others were just as guilty of not doing the right thing to get off the island.

And other times they try and the rest of the world just ignores them. Like the episode that they find silent movie equipment. They make a movie of where they are, processes the film and sent it off in a raft.

The movie makes it to the outside world and instead of being rescued they win first prize at some film festival.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

I just saw a movie about people stranded on a deserted island called Eden on Netflix. How come that movie and the tv series Lost have only young good looking people surviving a plane crash?

Leave a comment:

• RoyalHawaiian
    replied

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    If I had to be cooped up with Gilligan on a deserted isle all those years, I'd be smokin' loco weed the rest of my life too!

Ofa 'atu
    Mui Houma
    I know this is an old thread so please forgive me but after reading this post I had to laugh.

I don't know if I would have gone for the loco week if I was cooped up with Gilligan but I do know after awhile I'd of killed him. After all the times he messed up and did something to prevent everyone from being rescued you would have thought that they would have got together one time and strung him up.

I mean talk about a bunch of patient people.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...203025069.html

Gilligan's Island 2

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    Would the right-wing have a problem with the Skipper and Gilligan sleeping in the same hut?
    Michelle Bachman's school will to convert these two seamen.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Would the right-wing have a problem with the Skipper and Gilligan sleeping in the same hut?

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Poll was added some time ago by Ryan since he has the power to add polls after a thread has started.
    Now THAT is POWER!!!!! (and wisdom, fwiw)

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
    I voted for Gilligan of course.
    And I had voted for Skipper, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Menehune Man
    replied

Have no idea how I missed this thread. Just found it now by checking 'quick links' who's online and two guests were on a 'Gilligan's Island' thread.
    I gotta check that out!

Well, I voted for Gilligan of course. Okay he messed up alot, but truly tried hard and was kind. Just like me. HaHa! And for the girls? Maryanne!!!

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Picked up the DVD of the third season today and dare I say it:

My collection is now complete!

Leave a comment:

• timkona
    replied

Favorite Character def the Professor.....he's just like me.

Ginger or Mary Ann ??

Both, together.

Leave a comment:

• acousticlady
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Too bad McGyver wasn't stranded there as well. I'm sure he'd have figured a way off that island by nightfall.
    Hey-if I were stranded with McGyver-I wouldn't want him to find a way off

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Too bad McGyver wasn't stranded there as well. I'm sure he'd have figured a way off that island by nightfall.
    True but it would have been negated by Gilligan's trying to do the right thing but it turns out it cause the effort to fail routine.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
    Have to go with the professor on this one - being a girl and all....... I loved all of his inventions. And as far as which guy on GI was cutest - no contest.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    Good you choose Ellie Mae cuz I'd hate to marry into that family. I'll take Ginger or Mary Ann any day.
    If we're talking about female TV heart throbs,.......I'll take Ugly Betty. I KNOW there is a beauty hidden in that cocoon!

The Ugly Betty soap opera started in Mexico as "La Fea Mas Bella." The Mexican version was a smash hit for years. La Fea Mas Bella was recently cancelled but will probably go into syndication.

Ofa 'atu
    Mui Houma
    Last edited by matapule; May 14, 2008, 09:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X