Sue Simmons on Letterman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sue Simmons on Letterman

Why does David Letterman keep showing that Sue Simmons Youtube moment of her just one line of, "What the F are you doing?" The Bill O'Reillly's Hu Hu of, "WE DO IT LIVE!" is funnier.

Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 3

We're getting off-topic, folks. Unless Sue Simmons was once a TV reporter in Hawaii.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
      We're getting off-topic, folks. Unless Sue Simmons was once a TV reporter in Hawaii.
      Sorry, I didn't know that Random is the Moderator.

Comment

moderated and moved.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: Sue Simmons on Letterman

He keeps showing it because it's funny. And because it's what he does: Play stuff over and over until it becomes part of the show. He also used to work in the same building as Simmons, so the relationship is probably part of it, too.

C'mon. The band still plays "Let the Eagle Soar" at the end of all the Hello Deli bits. He'll either run the Simmons clip into the ground or it will work its way into the regular fabric of the show.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            Sorry, I didn't know that Random is the Moderator.
            There are a couple official moderators on HT - and the rest of us play the role of wannabes, myself included. We learn to live with it because, in the grand scheme, it's helpful guidance (if we don't take it personally).

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              There are a couple official moderators on HT - and the rest of us play the role of wannabes, myself included. We learn to live with it because, in the grand scheme, it's helpful guidance (if we don't take it personally).
              Since I don't have a large number of posts, I don't have tenure. Tenure and not Ten Year which Joe Moore got. See, I can kind of make it relate to the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                He keeps showing it because it's funny. And because it's what he does: Play stuff over and over until it becomes part of the show. He also used to work in the same building as Simmons, so the relationship is probably part of it, too.

C'mon. The band still plays "Let the Eagle Soar" at the end of all the Hello Deli bits. He'll either run the Simmons clip into the ground or it will work its way into the regular fabric of the show.
                Seeing Sue Simmons using the F-word is like hearing something you don't hear as in hearing your mom swear. Dave's mom has appeared on his show, and she looks like she wouldn't say a swear word in her life.

Comment

Seeing Sue Simmons using the F-word is like hearing something you don't hear as in hearing your mom swear.
                  That's why it's funny! You just don't hear experienced newscasters explode like that. I love how Dave's people are editing video now to make it look like she's saying in response to weather reports, car accident reports, and stuff like that.

Dave's mom has appeared on his show, and she looks like she wouldn't say a swear word in her life.
                  Depends on what you mean by "swear." She is a retired church secretary, so yeah, cussing seems to be less likely, but then she has less to lose if she does swear, since she's not a professional newscaster and only an entertainer now. She did say "ass" in a Top Ten list last year. Hilarious.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Since I don't have a large number of posts, I don't have tenure. Tenure and not Ten Year which Joe Moore got. See, I can kind of make it relate to the topic.
                    Nicely done, WB. I'd give you a chicklet, but we don't do that any longer, and you aren't likely to know what I mean by that. And you should consider yourself lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                      That's why it's funny! You just don't hear experienced newscasters explode like that.
                      Meh. I just don't hear experienced female newscasters explode like that. Unless it's on one of those blooper shows.
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Sue Simmons works at WNBC in NYC, she has been in the business for 35 years or so, that might be why people are surprised she lost her cool.

Jessica Savitch lost her cool a few times, but I don't think those made it on air?

Since this is the "tube" section and we're talking David Letterman I figure we can go off-topics of Hawaii related tv news.

Aj

Comment

Generally speaking Hawaii TV news topics should stay in Hawaii TV. This was moved out of Hawaii TV because Simmons has nothing to do with the market. So in this particular thread, it should be about her and whatever Letterman has to say about her.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

On VH1's Best Week Ever, there's a clip with Today's show meteorologist Al Roker making a faux pas by singing off camera about his Willy.

Comment

John McCain's brother is now the target of the Sue Simmons treatment on Letterman. McCain's brother use of the f-word is on a loop.
                              Last edited by Walkoff Balk; October 30, 2008, 07:02 PM. Reason: change word

Comment

Working...
                              X