Watching TV Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching TV Online

Barring IPTV, how many of you log on to the official network site (e.g., ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, etc.) to watch episodes of your favorite (or curious) TV shows anytime they are made available rather than watch it on TV's regularly scheduled timeslot?

It seems I have been doing that a lot lately, almost shying away from the normal routine of taping them with my VCR, and mainly for network that I can't get any digital reception (i.e., CW) at this time.

I know this must screw up network execs and the Nielsen people (then again, I'm not one of their registered member audience), but I do like the convenience.

Some of the network site -- mainly CBS -- ought to put more of their shows' episodes online. I hate watching just clips of The Big Bang Theory.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Re: Watching TV Online

I used to watch old episode of The Class on CBS when it aired as a series a couple of years. I did watch an episode of Heroes that I missed and I would watch the remaining missing episodes when I have the time to do so.

Comment

I watch Jon Stewart...does that count?
      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't watch tv. The living room is my roommates' domain. I don't mess with it.

Actually, I've been watching tv shows online ever since I moved to Hawaii and had access to high speed internet (I was on dial-up in Cincinnati). It's nice being able to catch up on all the tv shows that I missed out on when I was going to college and working three jobs. Mostly I watch Lost on ABC.com but occasionally I'll watch House on Fox.com But even then, I don't watch very often.

I agree that CBS should offer full episodes. I miss watching Criminal Minds.
        Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
        Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post

It seems I have been doing that a lot lately, almost shying away from the normal routine of taping them with my VCR, and mainly for network that I can't get any digital reception (i.e., CW) at this time.
          VCR's still exist?
          stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
            VCR's still exist?
            In my house, yeah.

Short of getting a TiVO, they haven't gotten around to making better hardware for digital television recording. Even the units in the current market that do have digital tuner won't record in the original HD format.

And getting a Blu-Ray recorder (if that exist outside of computer hardware upgrade section) is out of my price league.

Comment

Most of the network websites require installing a program, so I go straight to hulu. The programs are most probably innocuous but I'd rather not waste my time and space with them if I can help it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                Most of the network websites require installing a program, so I go straight to hulu. The programs are most probably innocuous but I'd rather not waste my time and space with them if I can help it.
                After having to register on the NBC website, I didn't want to go through that with another network site. Even if it is free.

Comment

I don't remember regisiting on the NBC site to watch Heroes, but I do remember watching ads before each segment aired.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                    I don't remember regisiting on the NBC site to watch Heroes, but I do remember watching ads before each segment aired.
                    I didn't either, but because NBC owns Universal, I registered as a fan of Battlestar Galactica a long time ago. It was a surprise they kept my account.

Comment

Working...
                    X