• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walkoff Balk
    replied
    Re: American Idol: Season 8

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Well, we know the winner won't be Susan Boyle!
    What's the deal with Susan Boyle using language that should be in a Guy Ritchie movie?

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Heard on the news a few minutes ago that Adam may, indeed, end up in talks with Queen! Had he won AI, those talks wouldn't have been a possibility at this stage of the game.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090527/...e_adam_lambert

Leave a comment:

• Adri
    replied

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/27/bu...idol.html?_r=1

"AT&T, one of the biggest corporate sponsors of “American Idol,” might have influenced the outcome of this year’s competition by providing phones for free text-messaging services and lessons in casting blocks of votes at parties organized by fans of Kris Allen, the Arkansas singer who was the winner of the show last week. " Apparently only AT&T's mobile phone network can be used to text votes for AI, there were no similar phones and power texting services provided to Lambert fans, and power texts violate AI rules.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by Adri View Post
    I agree that it's probably better for Adam to have gotten all this exposure but not be stuck with the AI contract. I heard someone asked Gene Simmons if KISS would want Adam to perform with them and Simmons said that he thought Adam would do better with Queen.
    Heard on the news a few minutes ago that Adam may, indeed, end up in talks with Queen! Had he won AI, those talks wouldn't have been a possibility at this stage of the game.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/rea...s-to-clayhate/

Stop the gay on gay hate!

Leave a comment:

• shaveice
    replied

Thought Rod Stewart just plain ol' stunk!
    man, that is the TRUTH! i don't know what these guys are thinking! do they realize how embarrassing it is for them to appear so obviously lame in front of millions???

couple shows ago, they had a couple of singers from way back when and i thought they had embarrassed themselves too.

maybe they're too high to realize it!!!!!!!!!!

as far as adam goes, it couldn't have been any better. he got all the exposure he needs without now being stuck as the poster boy for AI; as soon as he can get out from under any contractural obligations to AI, he'll do very well.

by the way, have you guys seen this youtube clip of him singing "is anybody listening?" i think it's as good (not as flashy, of course) as anything he did on AI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEnEUg0fzdQ
    Last edited by shaveice; May 22, 2009, 01:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    Is it too late to vote for Bikini Girl?
    Who won the Bikini-off with Paula?
    I don't know about Paula, but good gawd, Kara's body (exposed for charity, down to a bikini) and her voice put Bikini Girl to shame. Then there's the, what, 20 year age difference?

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Is it too late to vote for Bikini Girl?
    Who won the Bikini-off with Paula?

Leave a comment:

• Adri
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    /snip I have a hunch it was actually better for Adam that he didn't win. He obviously is going to have a pretty amazing career, and it's well known that the major record labels will be fighting to get Adam on a contract. If he had won the finale, he would've been forced to sign a deal with the AI folks, but by coming in second he can do whatever he wants.
    /snip
    It's going to be interesting to watch Adam's progress from here. Will he be the person who finally replaces Freddie Mercury as the lead singer for QUEEN, or... ?
    I agree that it's probably better for Adam to have gotten all this exposure but not be stuck with the AI contract. I heard someone asked Gene Simmons if KISS would want Adam to perform with them and Simmons said that he thought Adam would do better with Queen.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Like you folks, I too had heard the final result before the show aired here. I haven't seen the finale show yet, as I was doing something else last night, but I have it on the DVR and will watch it later today or tonight.
    I have a hunch it was actually better for Adam that he didn't win. He obviously is going to have a pretty amazing career, and it's well known that the major record labels will be fighting to get Adam on a contract. If he had won the finale, he would've been forced to sign a deal with the AI folks, but by coming in second he can do whatever he wants.
    And quite frankly, winning the AI title doesn't help with an actual career, it just helps with the publicity factor. (And not much, at that.) It's a minorly interesting title to claim but doesn't guarantee any success in the business, as we've seen with some of the earlier winners.
    It's going to be interesting to watch Adam's progress from here. Will he be the person who finally replaces Freddie Mercury as the lead singer for QUEEN, or... ?

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Interesting tutu. According to this article the numbers for AI are down.
    Those are the ratings and viewer numbers. The 100 million number (in this case, a little less) refers to the number of votes cast. Viewers are allowed to cast multiple votes...which Hawaii certainly did a few seasons ago when we had 2 contestants in the top 10!

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

No surprise, unfortunately!
    And...almost 100 million votes cast last night, alone!
    Interesting tutu. According to this article the numbers for AI are down.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

No surprise, unfortunately!
    Thought Rod Stewart just plain ol' stunk!
    Loved Adam with Kiss. For once Adam's eyeliner looked understated!
    Wasn't aware until tonight that David Cook's brother passed away 2 weeks ago. I remember him sitting in the audience last year. David is such a trouper.
    All in all...whatta show. Can't wait to hear my annual, second hand account. I expect a phone call any minute...if she's still awake!
    And...almost 100 million votes cast last night, alone!

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    I've never seen TuTu this mad! Somebody gonna get whack whacks fo shua.
    Yes, my LA friend, Ryan, will get a big WHACK WHACK! Still, if I'd put a little thought into it, I would've stayed away from Facebook like I was staying away from my Yahoo mail page! I guess I'm so used to spoilers on HT that I just didn't think about Facebook. POOP!

I'll watch anyway 'cuz my daughter is in that audience of 7000. She has long brown hair. If any of you see her, please PM me!

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

%#$*&^%#$
    I've never seen TuTu this mad! Somebody gonna get whack whacks fo shua.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X