Originally posted by alohabear View Post
    Why not have America vote for the themes? [...]
    I like that idea!

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    replied
    Re: American Idol: Season 8

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    This is such an individual preference and, in some cases, generational. I, for example, love Motown night (generational?), but could do without Country night (preference!). How would you like to see the themes/genres revamped?
    Why not have America vote for the themes? I would also like to see the actual vote count posted for each contestant on elimination night it would make it more exciting. You know like a BIG tally board

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
    [...]My big beef with AI is that the themes need to be updated. Motown night is so dull. [...]
    This is such an individual preference and, in some cases, generational. I, for example, love Motown night (generational?), but could do without Country night (preference!). How would you like to see the themes/genres revamped?

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    replied

The best thing they did this season was not worrying about the even male/female ratio. The best singers made it to the top 13. A lot of good singers this year. My big beef with AI is that the themes need to be updated. Motown night is so dull. Hopefully this week's rumored theme, the iTunes top 100, will be more exciting.

Leave a comment:

• AlohaMe
    replied

I've been following the show as well I find these two contestants strong enough to be the final two even at this stage, Adam and Allison.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

I didn't see last week's show but did tune in last night. The guys definitely outshined the gals...except for Alison. She was great. So was Adam and Matt Giraud. I thought Anoop did a very decent job, too.

Megan's song was a train wreck. Think that's how Simon also described it. It's time for her to go home. Pretty gal, tho', but why such an extreme tattoo? Possibly a generation gap thingie on my part?!

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

No comments on last weeks show? The country theme. Adam's version of Johnny Cash's "Ring Of Fire" was very strange and bizarre, but it still showed off his amazing voice. Alexis got the boot.
    So how'd you like last night, with the Motown theme? That 16-year-old girl Allison was the only other one besides Adam that impressed me. Lil Rounds was a disappointment; Motown should have been her chance to really shine.
    I think Michael Sarver the oil rig guy and Megan Joy with the arm tattoo will both be in the bottom two and it will probably be Megan who gets the boot.
    Ya think?

Leave a comment:

• Adri
    replied

I like Adam, I was just curious about how "professional" one can be and still compete *g*

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

I think a professional singer is anyone who receives payment in exchange for services so that would eliminate the bulk of the contestants, I think.

Adam's been acting in theater. Don't know if AI still eliminates potential contestants if they've recorded a CD.

Leave a comment:

• Adri
    replied

I thought AI was for non-professional singers? I saw a couple of youtube videos of Adam Lambert that make it seem like he was a professional singer.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

I stand by what I said a month ago in post #27, and there's only one reason to watch AI Season 8 -- Adam Lambert. None of the others are anywhere close.
    I predict that he'll be one of the last to perform each week. Otherwise, I think a lot of viewers would switch channels right after he sings.
    Also, there's going to be some announcement tomorrow night about a change in the competition. Simon said the voters may not like it. My guess is that the judges will now have a say in the results. Ya think?

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    replied

I'm guessing 13 finalists means a double elimination for week one. Talk about drama

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Right, 13 finalists. The extra one was Anoop.
    Thank gawd the judges had the sense to bring back Megan, the one TutuSue and I mentioned earlier.
    And THANK GAWD that drama queen Tatiana got booted off. I agree with Tutu that it was just a ratings ploy. The producers probably insisted on it. I almost feel sorry for her -- she clearly has some emotional issues, and being booted off not once but twice may have done harm to her clearly fragile mental state. And just for the sake of ratings? Cruel.

Leave a comment:

• HaleiwaDiva
    replied

My DVR cut off the last few minutes of last night's episode. I didn't get to see the final wildcard pick.

I went online & it looks like they picked 2 so there are now 13 finalists, right?

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Wild card...
    Tatiana...
    Nuthin' but a ratings ploy! Ugh!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X