"FlashForward" on ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "FlashForward" on ABC

While watching Impact tonight there was a promo for a show called Flash Forward. The premise is that everyone on Earth blacked out for around 2 minutes.

"Flash Forward" on ABC

"Flash Forward" is a new show that I like with an ongoing mystery into a specific future. I think I am going to be hooked to this new show.

The biggest mystery is will this ABC series at least survive to April 29, 2010 and beyond it? Shows that I like in the recent past have been canceled early.... "Life on Mars" anyone?
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: "Flash Forward" on ABC

I saw the pilot at Comic Con in July. I liked it, at least better than my wife did. It's very clearly and transparently being positioned as the show ABC would like us to follow after "LOST" leaves us, but it's simply no "LOST." I don't anticipate even half the obsessive fan culture that permeates their current hit. So I hope they don't continue down the path of regular "LOST" shoutouts and references (from plot devices to Oceanic Airlines billboards) and let "Flash Forward" have its own personality.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        So I hope they don't continue down the path of regular "LOST" shoutouts and references (from plot devices to Oceanic Airlines billboards) and let "Flash Forward" have its own personality.
        I saw the pilot last night. I liked it. I agree, though, it does have a lot of Lost-like elements. It airs again tonight at 7 p.m.

Comment

This series played last night?

Comment

premier Thursday @ 7 - regular time, and then an "encore" presentation same time Friday - assuming this was to take advantage of day-after watercooler buzz for those who didn't see it the first night

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
              I saw the pilot last night. I liked it. I agree, though, it does have a lot of Lost-like elements. It airs again tonight at 7 p.m.

Ditto, agree too. Has a Lost vibe, but totally different. At one point, I even shout out loud, 'smoke monster!' Thank goodness it shows twice a week, as my DVR is just timered to the max right now.... too much good stuff!

Comment

I saw the episode on-line from the series offical web site and then from hulu.com.

It would be interesting to find out why those guys were after Mark in his future vision. Kind of interesting to note that so far no one in their future vision make any reference to the events that happened in the black out.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                  Kind of interesting to note that so far no one in their future vision make any reference to the events that happened in the black out.
                  They have until April 29, 2010 to mention it, provided the show lasts that long.

By the way, out of curiosity, I looked ahead to that date, and April 29, 2010 falls on a Thursday, the same day Flash Forward runs. Hmmm ... what's the date of the last episode of the last season of Lost?

Comment

The show already has one inconsistency that's annoying me. It's regarding Olivia (played by Sonya Walger, the the same actress who plays Penny in Lost) and the little boy recovering in the hospital.

When the little boy was wheeled in, he knew Olivia, but she'd never seen him before. This means he must have "met" her during his flash forward, but he couldn't have because Olivia was with his father. Besides, Olivia didn't recognize him.

I hope they explain how the kid knew her.

Comment

Maybe what they see in the "flash forward" is the reality and "now" is the dream part.
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

tonites episode was very interesting. lots of things to think about
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Just saw Thursday's episode. I wonder the reason why Demetri can't see his future is because there are at least 2 different outcomes in his future.

Comment

Well, we didn't get definite confirmation that his fiance saw him on the beach. She was getting married, but she probably just assumed the male figure waiting for her in the distance was Demetri.

I wonder what the crows have to do with anything.

Comment

Besides the humans did any other life on the planet blacked out? If the crows did while flying they would have died as they dropped from the sky.

Some how I don't remember the prison offical confirming the dead crows on the ground with in the prison.

Comment

Working...
                              X