• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cabanalane
    replied
    Re: Jay Leno Show

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    I miss Kevin, period! Eighteen years with Jay, with at least 15 of those as the band leader, made for great chemistry between those 2. And I really miss Vicki Randle. Whatta voice.
    X3. Every musicians believe they still got it. They would not be true musicians if they don't hold true to that. Concerts, performance, record deals, etc. They are living out their dreams to be musicians.

The Tonight Show (or any late night show) is a really a death sentences for a musician. Sure, it's stable, predictable, and $afe.

But that's not the life of a musician.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

It might be a cost cutting measure to bring in a new band with the show's lower ratings. But, the new band seems to have more musicians.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

That same article includes this:

The Tonight Show still beat David Letterman in the adults-18-to-49 demo, as well as in total audience. Late Show with David Letterman also dropped to its lowest audience totals since the show's first year on the air (1993), averaging 3.3 million viewers in the second quarter this year. Late Show was also topped by Nightline in total viewers for the first time since 2000, with Nightline averaging 3.7 million viewers.

So Leno may have dropped some, but he's still soundly beating Letterman... and Nightline is beating Letterman too!
    Since Leno is still #1, it's very unlikely that ratings are the reason for Kevin leaving.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

http://tv.yahoo.com/the-tonight-show...ngs-since-1992

Maybe that's why Kevin Eubanks left the show?

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

I miss Kevin, period!
    He feels your pain...http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=127370532

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    I miss Kevin Eubanks' interruptions during Leno's monologue.
    I miss Kevin, period! Eighteen years with Jay, with at least 15 of those as the band leader, made for great chemistry between those 2. And I really miss Vicki Randle. Whatta voice.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

I miss Kevin Eubanks' interruptions during Leno's monologue.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

When is Leno's buddy Howard Stern going to be on The Tonight Show to talk about being a judge on AI?

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Brett Favre was on with Jay Leno as both talked about being retired.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied

I didn't laugh once in last night's monologue. Will certainly watch tomorrow to see Apolo ... and then, loony that I am, to see the gawdawful Palin woman.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

I DVR'd it last night and just now watched it. Very good! It was like he'd never left. Great lineup of guests coming up too.
    And even Sarah Palin.

Leave a comment:

• Adri
    replied

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03...ot-in-ratings/

Leno started off well. I didn't get to watch but apparently lots of other people did Now to see if he can keep it up.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    I'm surprised CHP didn't fine him for littering
    I think Erik Estrada wants to be on the show.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    I just saw a commercial on the tube. Jay Leno was driving a racing Cobra on Pacific Coast Highway. There was a large 10 on the side of the car, and the wind blew it off and revealed 11:30 under it.
    In the background the Beatles were singing "Get back... get back... get back to where you once belonged."
    Great commercial!!!
    I'm surprised CHP didn't fine him for littering

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

Wow...really? While I haven't heard there's a contract waiting for him to sign, I have heard that FOX is very interested, that they've been looking for a late night show and that Conan fits right in...plus Conan has friends in high places at FOX! That's been the subject of chatter on several shows, not any inside info I have.
    What's the deal with FOX being on only 2 hours of prime time, couldnt they put Conan on at 9pm or 10pm in certain markets where the prime time is from 8pm-11pm?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X