X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert
    replied
    Re: Jay Leno Show

I decided I'd watch him every evening this week to decide if I want to bother anymore in the future. Well, he's got one more chance to change my mind. Let's see if he can do a monologue without mentioning rectum ...

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Originally posted by alohatim View Post
    The "future of television"?
    I saw the future of television, and his name is Glenn Beck.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    If his hair gets more puffy, he should ask for donations and Praise the Lord.
    The bigger the hair, the closer to God.

Leave a comment:

• alohatim
    replied

The "future of television"? Really? I watched a little bit of it. It looks like the tonight show at a different hour.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Currently watching Leno and he needs to either go back to his Tonight Show hairstyle or find a new stylist for this show. Picky, picky...I know!
    If his hair gets more puffy, he should ask for donations and Praise the Lord.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Currently watching Leno and he needs to either go back to his Tonight Show hairstyle or find a new stylist for this show. Picky, picky...I know!

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

There was a rumor once that Leno was going to ABC, not sure what they would have done with Jimmy Kimmel or if Leno's show would have been in prime time. There is enough reality shows on the air, now add 5 more hours of this show and no wonder why actors and actresses complain there isnt enough work these days. I guess this is why so many of them have flocked to working on the various cable stations like USA, HBO, A&E, etc.

Never was a huge fan of Leno or Letterman......Carson will always be my favorite. If Carson had 5 hours of primetime back in his heyday, the ratings would be HUGE!!

Aj

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Jay, Jay, Jay ... STFU already! You have your monologues and your bits - let your GUESTS have their time now!
    Did he interrupt Kanye West?

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    [...]
    I hope Conan's ratings get so low that NBC dumps him and puts Leno back on the Tonight Show.
    But would Leno go back, I wonder. He announced 5 years ago that he wanted to move on; would leave the Tonight Show this year and that it would be turned over to O'Brien. I got the impression that it was Leno's decision.

I was also under the impression that NBC came up with the prime time show to keep Leno from going to another network; CBS, iirc.

Or have I been staring at my Medicare card too long?!!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

The man has fascinating guests with him, he sets them up to tell great stories ... then he KEEPS INTERRUPTING THEM with his attempts at witty interjections!

Jay, Jay, Jay ... STFU already! You have your monologues and your bits - let your GUESTS have their time now!

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Is Stuttering John still the announcer on the show. The announcer sounds different.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied

I thought yesterday's monologue was incredibly UNfunny.

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

NPR review this morning says ratings were over the top for the first couple of days and then are less-than-spectacular as the show tries to find an audience. Producers quoted as saying they'll judge the show on a 52-week basis.

Leave a comment:

• Sharilyn
    replied

My husband and I are in our mid-50s. We both like Letterman, and don't care for Leno. I don't think Leno is funny, and he doesn't come across as genuine or likeable. (IMHO, of course. I realize he was ahead in the ratings.) I think Letterman has better comedic timing and interview techniques. I mean, even other comedians say so (like Johnny Carson).

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

His opening monologue is still a good daily news in review summary. After that, I'll only watch if there's a good comedian such as Bill Maher, Norm McDonald, or Chris Rock as the first guest.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X