"The Good Wife" on CBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Good Wife" on CBS

Saw the repeat showing of The Good Wife on CBS. It stars Julianna Margulies as a woman who's husband is a disgraced public offical and now she works in a law firm.

Re: "The Good Wife" on CBS

And your thoughts? I couldn't get past the premise of the show. Don't care how good the cast, script etc. is. I think it sends the wrong message. At least how the ads make it out.

Comment

if I might ask - what message do you think it's sending? I think it portrayed the wives of politicians who have been caught doing something wrong fairly accurately. Except - we are never shown any of those wives who, after public humiliation by their husbands, haul off and slap the s**t out of him!

I wil definintely watch again.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Maybe because it smacks of the whole Spitzer case here in NY. It just bothers me that they are showing a sleazy politician whose wife stays with him even after everything comes out - despite the slap. I don't know, I'd like to see her throw him out and her have to start over. The ads don't depict that. That's why I was asking what people thought of the show.

Comment

It depicts her starting over - with a new job at a law firm. It pictures him in prison. It shows her having to live down her husbands reputation. It shows her kids as troubled and having problems in school.

and what it does show is how she is moving on with her & her children's lives. It shows her as being a strong, smart, capable woman. It doesn't in any way at all depict the wife as a "oh, poor me" type of character. Just the opposite, at least in my opinion. When the husband makes a remark about how this will all go away & things will be fine again? she looks at him and states that things will never be "fine" again.

Watch the show and see what I mean. You can probably catch the 1st show online.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            It depicts her starting over - with a new job at a law firm. It pictures him in prison. It shows her having to live down her husbands reputation. It shows her kids as troubled and having problems in school.

and what it does show is how she is moving on with her & her children's lives. It shows her as being a strong, smart, capable woman. It doesn't in any way at all depict the wife as a "oh, poor me" type of character. Just the opposite, at least in my opinion. When the husband makes a remark about how this will all go away & things will be fine again? she looks at him and states that things will never be "fine" again.

Thanks. I will. Not what i expected at all. Watch it turn out to be my new favorite show

Comment

good for you! I hope you enjoy it. If the show didn't show the character as a strong woman, I wouldn't watch it again.
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I came home kind of late tonight and turned on the TV around 9:12 pm or so and this series is on. I noticed that the starting cast and production credits were still flashing on during this time.

Comment

it seems to be some sort of "gimmick" now for a series to run for a few minutes before showing the credits. it's pretty irritating to me - i'd much rather a show just....start.
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post

Agree with you. She's great in this role as a strong woman, taking control of her life, and moving forward. Hope it sticks around... I liked the series she did last year (another lawyer one, I believe,) got hooked on it, and it was cancelled.

Comment

I am kind of wondering if Alicia finding that piece of paper in the files was placed there on purpose.

Comment

Tonight's episode was a repeat from September 29th, which is kind of okay for me since I missed the beginning of that episode when it was first aired.

Comment

I am kind of hooked on watching this series, it's part legal drama when Alicaia and Kalinda are on screen, part soap opera with story line of the husband in jail and the son trying to find evidence that the dad got framed.

Comment

This is a hot, challenging series.

Juliana is a great actress, so different from her L&O role. She 'stands by her man' even though it is obvious he's less than ideal, and even works in his favor (while denying him personal retribution).

I love it. Realization plus +.
                            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                            ~ ~
                            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

She was never in Law & Order as a regular cast member. She was in ER for a few years, however the actor who plays her husband (Chris Noth) was in two different Law & Order series.

Last night's episode had the son using a 5th generation iPod Nano hidden in a plant outside their front door to record who is dropping strange packages at their house. I didn't think such a unit would have the memory or the power to record 8 hours worth of video.

Did like the case that her law firm was handling.

Comment

Working...
                              X