Battlestar Galactica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlestar Galactica

I think Boomer got the ship and it wasn't the same one that Starbuck came to Caprica with.

I suspect Boomer is still able to blend in with the other Cylons and not raise suspions that she is helping the humans instead.

Comment

Found out from the Sci-Fi web site that the first 5 episodes of season 2 will be re-aired on Tuesday August 16 on the Sci-Fi channel starting at 4pm (HST, consult your local TV guide for the times for places that is not serviced by Oceanic Cable on Oahu).

Comment

Picked up the miniseries DVD today. I checked out the deleted scenes section and came up with this minor bit.

One of the deleted scenes stated that after the decommision of the Galactica it was planned to be a museum (which was known already) to run under the educational ministry (new information), which is why Roslin was there to begin with.

Comment

The summer finale is on for this Friday (9/23) and will feature another Battlestar that survived the attack.

Comment

The teaser for this week's episode shows that it'll be a familiar storyline for fans of the original BG series. It deals with the Galactica's reunion with the long-lost Battlestar Pegasus and its commander Cain. Cain was played in the original series by Lloyd Bridges - the update features Michelle Forbes (Ensign Ro from Star Trek - TNG) in the role.

I think this is the last episode until early next year, so I suspect it'll be a cliffhanger.

OK, I tipped my hand. Yes, I am a Geek.

Comment

The Sci-Fi channel web site for Battlestar Galactica warns that the epsiode is going to run an extra 2 minutes so it suggest if you are planning to tape the epsiode to allow an extra 5 minutes at the end of the run.

Also picked up the Season 1 DVD today at Wal-Mart for $45. I tried Sam's Club and the person unpacking the DVD said they didn't get it and suggested to try Wal-Mart.

Comment

Amazon.com is currently selling Battlestar Galactica Season 1 DVD set for $41.99. I think I'll place my order there.

I wish I did not read the latest posts in this thread as they had some slight spoilers. I never watched many episodes from the original series that ran in the 1980s, so I would have never known about another Battlestar.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Ah, sorry about that Mel. Didn't think of it as a spoiler as it was just from this week's teaser, but now that I think about it my comments may have gave away some more plot if you weren't familiar with the original series. New guy already makes trouble...

BTW - the DVD set that just got released this week is different from the 4-disc set that Best Buy released exclusively a few months back. I believe the new one includes the pilot miniseries as well as commentary tracks on most episodes, which were missing from the BB set earlier.

Comment

Don't worry about it. This entire thread was talking about Battlestar Galactica and you didn't reveal anything new or stuff that hasn't been shown on the air yet.

Comment

Last night episode (2/10) sort of hints that Apollo and Dualla have some sort of relationship. Strong enough for her to tell Apollo about Billy trying to propose marriage to her.

Comment

I've been catching this show in five minute bites (via Tivo) whenever I have a free moment. (I've started at Season 2, Episode 11, "Resurrection Ship Part 1." They're up to Episode 16 now.) Seems interesting enough, but I'm still not sure if I want to sign on.

For those who want a way to catch up with what's going on, the iTunes Music Store is giving away free an episode of "Sci-Fi Insider" which is basically a Season 1 clip show. You know, one of those specials where they try to help new viewers catch up.

Comment

Hi Helen, I just found this thread...

I'm also a HUGE fan of this show. I think it's easily the best sci-fi ever seen on TV (and this is coming from a big Star Trek fan) and one of the best series of any genre ever made.

I was starting to think season 2 (or is it season 3?) was starting to slow down, but this last episode, "Downloaded", was just amazing -- and the upcoming 2-part season finale looks like it's going to be even better.

I can't believe there aren't more fans here.

Comment

It's still in Season 2 which will be ending some time in mid-March. But the episode "Download" gives us the slice of life for the Cylons.

Comment

The promo for this week's episode indicates that this is Part 1 of a 2 part season finale.... so I would have to safely assume Season 2 will wrap by next Friday. Then we'll either be subjected to a lot of re-runs or no show at all until probably August or so when and if SciFi picks the show up for a 3rd season.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

SciFi would normally start their season in June not August.

Comment

Working...
                                X