X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalalau
    replied
    Re: Least Favorite National TV Ads

I agree about Billy Mays. The mute button was invented for him. The absolute surest, quickest way to alienate me is to yell. Whenever he comes on its time to check other channels, it would be nice if stations figured out that letting ******** like him alienate viewers cost them ratings points.

Leave a comment:

• Seeking Penance
    replied

least favorite - orbit commercials!!!! "Dirty mouth"

and that singing creditreport.com commercial - that cocky singing dude...would sure love to shove my big toe in his mouth - he is so cocky with that singing - "credit report dot come baby*

i'll dot you something alright

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
    If it does have that feature, I haven't found it yet. I remember a thread here about sleeping with the television on (I'm too lazy to try to find it). I wanted to participate in that thread, but I didn't. I think it was because I was just a lurker then and not a member, but I'm not sure.
    I think most TVs of the past decade or so have sleep buttons. If you don't see an actual button marked "sleep" or "timer" on your remote then check the on-screen menu. Also, if you have an Oceanic digital cable box, it has a "sleep" feature. Press the "Settings" button>set sleep timer>right arrow to set # of minutes. Be sure to "select" your choice.

Life is incomplete without the "sleep" feature!

Leave a comment:

• Honoruru
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    By chance, does your tv remote have a sleep button?! I love that feature...can't be without it!
    If it does have that feature, I haven't found it yet. I remember a thread here about sleeping with the television on (I'm too lazy to try to find it). I wanted to participate in that thread, but I didn't. I think it was because I was just a lurker then and not a member, but I'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
    I agree about Billy Mays. I like to go to sleep with the television on, sound turned down soft, but when he comes on with his shouting infomercials, I wake up and have to turn the sound down even softer, or turn it off entirely.
    I don't think I've ever awakened to Billy Mays. Scary thought! By chance, does your tv remote have a sleep button?! I love that feature...can't be without it!

Leave a comment:

• Honoruru
    replied

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
    anything with Billy Mays?
    I agree about Billy Mays. I like to go to sleep with the television on, sound turned down soft, but when he comes on with his shouting infomercials, I wake up and have to turn the sound down even softer, or turn it off entirely.

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

anything with Billy Mays?

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

I don't hate this commercial. But, that commercial that spoofs the movie Poltergeist is really creepy. I saw on E True Hollywood Story that this movie is cursed. That little girl died young and the teen actress was murdered.

Leave a comment:

• escondido100
    replied

saw a taco bell commercial that i felt was offensive and racist.... produced by taco bell hawaii.... they show 3 obviously local guys acting like goofy mexican mariachi clowns....very stereotypical and very much a put down to mexicans..... someone had there head where there is no light to produce an offensive ad such as this. as long as this ad is running i will NOT be going to taco bell. Totally Racist.

Leave a comment:

• Kittrick
    replied

my vote goes to the:

"idk my bff jill"

or

"idk my bff rose"

commercials

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

I am kind of frowning on the GE commerical that has a fishing trawler that nets in bottle shaped ice with the announcer saying how much sea water gets turned in fresh water.

Show what the plant looks like, not give the impression that all you have to do is to fish it from the sea.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by ChicagoGuy75 View Post
    I don't know if anyone saw this commerical, I think it was for Starburst.

It was the one for the Berries and Cream with that creepy guy that sings that, "Berries and Cream, Berries and Cream, I am a little lad that likes Berriesssssssssss and Crrrrrrream."
    Felt like I was watching a sequel trailer of Omen High School Musical.

Leave a comment:

• ChicagoGuy75
    replied

I don't know if anyone saw this commerical, I think it was for Starburst.

It was the one for the Berries and Cream with that creepy guy that sings that, "Berries and Cream, Berries and Cream, I am a little lad that likes Berriesssssssssss and Crrrrrrream."

================================
    About those Burger Kind commericals, what was stranger than the commerical was the Xbox game Sneak King. If you clicked the left stick it would show two eye holes staring at people and heavy breathing. Almost like Jason from Halloween.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
    Sure, the first couple of times was funny, after that, it just gets more stupid. They just keep on running it to the ground. GAWD!!.[...]
    Serentity..."they" keep on airing it "to the ground" because it's selling the product and they will keep airing those spots 'til there's clear indication that they need to update them or change the campaign entirely.

And, yes, I preferred the gecko spots, too!

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied
    Re: Commercials you love to hate....

Originally posted by Random View Post
    I felt sympathy for the cavemen like I felt for the Trix rabbit.

Now stop picking on our ancestors!

I'm with you on that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X