X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalalau
    replied
    Re: Least Favorite National TV Ads

Yes, Billy Mays yelling. I hate getting yelled at. Don't know anybody who doesn't. If he comes on I stop whatever I am doing and change the channel. Not just kill the volume, change the channel as a small vote against getting yelled at. I also hate all well crafted political ads because they cost a lot of money to make so nice and whoever is paying all that money certainly expects a lot more in return.

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

that yelling bearded billy mays snake oil hawker on commercials.
    Last edited by kimo55; October 3, 2005, 03:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

those avis commercials:
    creepy wimps:
    hello orca. hello orca

rude creeps:
    uh yea. i'll be in the car.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Ok, I have nothing against giving for the victims of Katrina or Rita. I have given too. There's commercial that has started to air with Johnny Cash singing...it has started to get me irritated. Granted, he is a Legend for some. He just was not my type of singer. Why couldn't they pick someone else with a more mellow voice?

That's all I have to say. I guess it got to MAMA too. It's back to Korean Movies! Worse.

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Kilinahe
    replied

yea. I was gonna post my complaint about that smoothie in da garbage disposal ad.
    I have a hair-trigger gag reflex.
    I very nearly barf at the sound of that commercial alone. That's the most revolting thing I've seen outside of Fear Factor.

They brought back the ads with the exploding onions. I love those.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by kimo55
    yea. I was gonna post my complaint about that smoothie in da garbage disposal ad.
    this commercial almost sets it off.
    everyone leaves the room in fear of exorcist mode vomiting.
    sorry....
    I don't have a hair-trigger gag reflex but that gross Lamisil spot does the same thing to me.

Have I mentioned I really dislike the Lamisil spot?

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

this commercial almost sets it off.
    everyone leaves the room in fear of exorcist mode vomiting.
    sorry....

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by SouthKona
    "Gross" to da max: that horrid commercial where the wife takes all the vegetables and puts them into the garbage disposal and then blends it to make a "juice drink". Then she scoops out some of the infected juice into a glass and serves it to her idiot husband, who smacking his lips "yummy". A blurb comes on about if you are tired of waiting for your ..... points from a charge card??.... to use to buy a blender (instead of using the garbage disposal to make your fresh juice). It's really baaaaad.
    Agreed! I saw it for the first time recently and made a mental note to watch it more closely the next time. I've seen it a few more times and wouldn't be surprised if the advertiser gets more than a few complaints.

Speaking of complaints...has anyone ever complained to an advertiser or it's ad agency about an ad you find offensive? I've complained only once and that was the national Imodium AD spot featuring Gary Sprinkle oh, gosh, 15 years ago or so. It portrayed Hawaii as a 3rd world country complete with digestive disturbances, if ya know what I mean! While I didn't want to see Gary or any of the other talent lose a tidy sum in residuals, I felt strongly that the concept portrayed Hawaii in a bad enough light that it could affect tourism, even if just a little.

Leave a comment:

• SouthKona
    replied

"Gross" to da max: that horrid commercial where the wife takes all the vegetables and puts them into the garbage disposal and then blends it to make a "juice drink". Then she scoops out some of the infected juice into a glass and serves it to her idiot husband, who smacking his lips "yummy". A blurb comes on about if you are tired of waiting for your ..... points from a charge card??.... to use to buy a blender (instead of using the garbage disposal to make your fresh juice). It's really baaaaad.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

It's been so long that I get to see any commercials now...my 81 yr.old MAMA is addicted to KOREAN Soap Operas --non stop! Only when she sleeps I get to watch if anything. That's usually the news.

Auntie Lynn

I hated that Lamisil commercial too. Reminded me of my ex-boyfriend.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    Nah, you no get whack whack from me. HT is where we express our "views, comments" as we see it. I respect you even more because you're an expert in this field and explained why you liked it. Thank you.
    No...thank YOU! An expert? Huh-uh. I've been in the industry for over 50 years and I'm still learning. That's what makes it so much fun.

Then there's that danged awful Lamisil spot. In case you haven't guessed...I think that ad should be yanked from the air or, at the very least, banned during dinner time! Ditto for the Fear Factor promos 'cept I haven't seen any in a long time. Has that show been cancelled or is it on hiatus?

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Nah, you no get whack whack from me. HT is where we express our "views, comments" as we see it. I respect you even more because you're an expert in this field and explained why you liked it. Thank you.

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    I don't find the Jack-In-The-Box commercial with the man sleeping being pushed in his bed to the Resturant...waking up startled in his BB-dez going hysterical! I find it totally disgusting and disrespecting!
    I saw that spot for the first time a day or 2 ago and, well...I love it! Sorry, Auntie...you can whack whack me if ya want! That entire JitB campaign is great, esp. Jack Jr. winning the spelling bee..."Peace out.". I laugh every time! The voice casting for both Sr. and Jr. Jack is spot on, bringing both characters, with no facial expressions, to life.The bed being pushed thru the drive thru reminds me of the start of the Carole Kai Bed Race!

That said, I find it impossible to view any commercial impartially. I watch 'em from 'behind the scenes' and try to imagine the ad agency creative meetings, the 'grabber' for the casting session and the out takes during production! I woulda loved to have been a fly on the wall at all of 'em for the 'drive thru' spot. I'm sure there were some very funny moments that none of us will ever see.

Ok, ok...so I have a 30 second mentality! It's hereditary! Oops...I've taken this reply a bit off topic. Before I get a whack whack from you-know-who-who I'll be redundant and say I still detest the animated Lamisil toenail fungus commercial and, for some reason, it's being aired to death right now. Yuck! I'm seriously wondering if the timing of these airings might have something to do with the hurricanes and all of the bugs and germs the victims were subjected to. (shrug)

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

I don't find the Jack-In-The-Box commercial with the man sleeping being pushed in his bed to the Resturant...waking up startled in his BB-dez going hysterical! I find it totally disgusting and disrespecting!

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

hate that baby bob thing.

also am ready to shoot
    shout elmo.

damn. is that thing ever annoying.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X