X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kimo
    replied
    Re: Least Favorite National TV Ads

Two minute spots have popped up more frequently in prime time recently, migrating from day time (and Lifetime !) - mainland media did stories on this several months ago, citing (1) high costs for advertising and ad cutbacks by companies that normally have made heavy buys, and (2) corresponding desire by broadcasters to fill avails with SOMETHING, rather than endless promos.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
    [...]It features a good two solid minutes[...]
    Seriously? A 2 minute tv commercial? Or was that an exaggeration to make a point? Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

The Reebok ad for their nifty new toning shoes. It features a good two solid minutes of nothing but close-ups of girls' rears in short-shorts, most of them bending over. I find this highly offensive because if you're going to go with that, at least get rid of those nasty, almost velvety purple shorts. Ew! Like anyone near my age would wear those!

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20100922/pl_usnw/DC69716

I'm familiar with Flo for Progressive, the Wow that's a Low Price at Staples guy, and the jerk who needs a McDonald's coffee.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

I didn't pay close attention to the Carl's Jr commercial if it's made locally or nationally. A surfer dude eats a Hawaiian Teriyaki burger while the narrator mispronounces Hawaiian words.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/201004...s/ynews_ts1615

King Burger looks creepy already. Now, he goes postal.

Leave a comment:

• localmoco
    replied

My two least favorite commercials currently running:

1. Old Spice ads with a hunky bare-chested guy riding a horse backwards and various other nonsense. I guess the viewer is supposed to want to use Old Spice deodorant so he can be as cool as the pitchman but I think he's just irritating.

2. Time Warner Roadrunner ad with a man standing behind his wife at the computer whispering something about her being the "Queen of Downloadia" while looking at pictures of their trip to the "Canyon of Grandeur". This one is just creepy.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

The Progressive Girl appears on tv as often as Luke Wilson. She looks like she could be the daughter of Toni Basil. Hey Mickey!

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

I think George Takai's saying "wow" in the Sharp Quattron commerical kind of makes it silly.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Tums, with the food that fights back as it's about to be eaten. My guess is it was much funnier in the creative meetings than it turned out in the final edit. Kinda silly.

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

Another commercial they've started playing a lot is for Tide Stain Remover. A 11-12 year-old girl is whining that she wasn't able to get the $100 jeans she wanted because her mom got the BBQ stains out of her older sister's hand-me-downs thanks to the stain remover. I know it's supposed to be cute, but it just grates on my nerves about a 11 year old whining about not getting $100 jeans. I don't have $100 jeans and never have. Little hard to sympathize with this ad, Tide!

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

I am SO over the commercial with the guys singing "Lollipop", working on an assembly line. It's some ink commercial. I hate that song and it gets stuck in my head. And it has nothing to do with ink.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

I've just realized how much I dislike the Symbicort asthma inhaler commercial. It features the woman in the dark, talking about using the product? I find my self paying more attention to the model's panty lines, which are very visible, rather than the product. I'm sure that was not the intent.

Leave a comment:

• Amati
    replied

The Ricola ad where the dancers are swinging around, and the girl is hoisted to the shoulders of the man, and he coughs and almost drops her. The ending of the ad really irritates me. They do a close up of the man's head and shoulders with a dead-on view of the woman's ... [ah hem, er]... legs wrapped around his neck. I'm betting that nobody else has even noticed, but it bothers me because I view it as something that was intentional and along the lines of a "mini-gratatuitous-crotch-shot".

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

Any mini Info-mercial. Like for the Ab-Ring or the Ab-Belt. That woman Jennifer who hawks the Ab-Ring is a professional body builder! She is NOT the overweight "before" picture. I hate it when companies do stuff like that. And nobody likes sitting through a 3 minute commercial.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X