X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anapuni808
    replied
    Re: Least Favorite National TV Ads

he isn't bashing Verizon - just "refuting" it's claims.

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    What is Luke Wilson selling in those commercials, anyway? Whenever they come on, I'm like "Ick! Its that commercial with the fat Wilson kid again!".
    I don't know if he's really selling anything. I just get the feeling that he's bashing Verizon.

Leave a comment:

• turtlegirl
    replied

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    The commercials with Luke Wilson aren't bad, but they run those so often. I keep waiting for Owen Wilson to make an appearance.
    What is Luke Wilson selling in those commercials, anyway? Whenever they come on, I'm like "Ick! Its that commercial with the fat Wilson kid again!".

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    the wind up doll is intended to portray what a depressed person feels like on a regular basis. If you've ever suffered from depression, you know exactly what they mean. Lucky you if you don't get it.
    I, too, think it's a good concept with an appropriate use of a prop.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
    The Pristiq commercial.

Using a wooden wind-up doll in a psychiatric drug commercial? Really?
    the wind up doll is intended to portray what a depressed person feels like on a regular basis. If you've ever suffered from depression, you know exactly what they mean. Lucky you if you don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

there is another of the pig commercials where a young girl feeds the baby pig some bacon and a voice says "that's just so wrong". I don't know what the product is but the commercial is pretty funny.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

The commercial with the pig eating ham at a restaurant.

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

The commercials with Luke Wilson aren't bad, but they run those so often. I keep waiting for Owen Wilson to make an appearance.
    I was just coming here to say, "Get Luke Wilson off my TV NOW!!!" I think it's because they play those commercials sometimes twice a break and every break during a football game, which is just obnoxious. And the AT&T/Verizon wars remind me of the SWB/Sprint long distance landline wars about 12 years ago. Didn't care then; don't care now.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sharilyn
    replied

I think it's a Bud Lite commercial, where a wife uses a nail gun to attach a flower to her husband's lapel.

Leave a comment:

• Vanguard
    replied

The Pristiq commercial.

Using a wooden wind-up doll in a psychiatric drug commercial? Really?
    Last edited by Vanguard; December 20, 2009, 05:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sharilyn
    replied

I'm not posting for me, but for my cats. They hate the Direct TV commercials because it always ends with a clarinet playing a few notes. The sound scares them... they also hate the sound of screaming, sirens, anything high pitched. They run out of the room.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    Some folks have criticized the use of the Chris Farley footage (from Tommy Boy) as being in poor taste. I don't know. Approval was obtained from Chris' family. Maybe they needed the money. Spade's "It never gets old" comment sounds like a tribute to the timelessness of his dear friend's comedy.
    http://tv.msn.com/the-wrap/spade-reg...ory/?GT1=28103

David Spade has second thoughts about doing this commercial.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    One controversial commercial is a Direct TV spot featuring David Spade and the late Chris Farley.
    I think of how Chris Farley died before his time than the name of the product when this commercial is on.

Leave a comment:

• Frankie's Market
    replied

One controversial commercial is a Direct TV spot featuring David Spade and the late Chris Farley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvyZC5Wajj0

Some folks have criticized the use of the Chris Farley footage (from Tommy Boy) as being in poor taste. I don't know. Approval was obtained from Chris' family. Maybe they needed the money. Spade's "It never gets old" comment sounds like a tribute to the timelessness of his dear friend's comedy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X