X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walkoff Balk
    replied
    Re: Least Favorite National TV Ads

The commercial with the Sham-Wow guy? Wait, Is it the one with him being on-screen or off-screen?

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
    I'm getting really tired of the singing-fish-on-the-wall McDonald's filet-o-fish spot. 'Nuf already!
    Echo that. It's getting on my nerve even more when one of my tenant's kids sing along with it.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
    I'm getting really tired of the singing-fish-on-the-wall McDonald's filet-o-fish spot. 'Nuf already!
    I was just thinking the same thing! I like this spot a lot but it's being aired into the ground...probably just positioning McDs to take advantage of the economic woes. Can't blame 'em for that. Or maybe I'm just envious of the residuals the 2 actors are making. They hit a gold mine!

It's now airing again on the same channel it aired within the past 10 minutes. Lucky actors!

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• zff
    replied

Geico's had some pretty good commercials over the years, but their latest campaign, the one with the stack of money with eyes... "that's the money you would've saved if you switched to Geico"... is an epic fail. I can't stand them.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

A new least favorite...
    H & R Block's "Second Look" with the cyclops actors. It's right up there on my Ewwww scale!!!

Leave a comment:

• Palama Kid
    replied

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
    I hate the Credit Report Dot Com commercials too. This latest one with the party isn't AS BAD as the other ones, mainly b/c I can't memorize the song to it, and the beginning part with the guy carrying the champagne, acting like it's for him, then handing it off b/c he's the waiter cracks me up. But the restaurant and the car? HATE.
    The reason I hate this commercial is that it leads you to believe you can get your credit report free. Get your really free reports: one from each agency spaced every four months or so - this way, you'll get one report from each agency annually.

http://www.forbes.com/personalfinanc...money_inl.html

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Twice in the last year, I've gotten notification that my credit info "could" have been compromised. Nuttin so far, thankfully.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

The Cash4Gold.com commercial looks like an amateur production for a national audience.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Another least favorite...
    Imitrex (a migraine headache med), that shows the actors bodies with no heads; instead, holding their heads in their hands. Ewww!
    Well, well, well...a commercial's job is to imbed the name of the product into the viewer. Positive or negative doesn't matter...just that the product's name is remembered.

Looks like I disliked this migraine medication spot enough to not grasp the name. I tuned out after the name of the competitor's product was mentioned within the first few seconds of the copy...Imitrex! Then, again, maybe that was the point!!! Because of my job I tend to pay pretty close attention to commercials. Not so with this one!

The product is Treximet! It still registers high on my ewww scale.

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

I hate the Credit Report Dot Com commercials too. This latest one with the party isn't AS BAD as the other ones, mainly b/c I can't memorize the song to it, and the beginning part with the guy carrying the champagne, acting like it's for him, then handing it off b/c he's the waiter cracks me up. But the restaurant and the car? HATE.

Mostly I get to skip commericals. My Ti-Faux is the best thing ever. Except I totally don't understand this new one we have, so I can't record shows on it.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Another least favorite...
    Imitrex (a migraine headache med), that shows the actors bodies with no heads; instead, holding their heads in their hands. Ewww!

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

My newest least favorite is...
    ...the Holiday Inn Express spot that features a woman delivering a baby and baby cuts it's own cord.
    Blech!

Leave a comment:

• zff
    replied

The commercial I hate most nowadays is that Jack-In-The-Box one in the park with the two grown men in a baby stroller crying like, well, babies.

I HATE IT.

Leave a comment:

• Kaukura
    replied

I absolutely cannot stand this one commercial for a deodorant with this very melodic and sad music and they show this woman jumping off her balcony head first. She appears unscathed but the tag line was (not accurate) "women are going to different lengths to avoid deodorant stains when they put on their clothes". I just do not like this commercial. It reminds me of things.

OH, I found it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_4nx49RJ2c

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    I don't hate this commercial. But, that commercial that spoofs the movie Poltergeist is really creepy. I saw on E True Hollywood Story that this movie is cursed. That little girl died young and the teen actress was murdered.
    Interesting batch of coincidences; I had never heard about that "curse." More details here and here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X