Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Least Favorite National TV Ads

The Pristiq commercial.

Using a wooden wind-up doll in a psychiatric drug commercial? Really?
    Last edited by Vanguard; December 20, 2009, 05:36 PM.

Comment

I think it's a Bud Lite commercial, where a wife uses a nail gun to attach a flower to her husband's lapel.

Comment

The commercials with Luke Wilson aren't bad, but they run those so often. I keep waiting for Owen Wilson to make an appearance.

Comment

The commercials with Luke Wilson aren't bad, but they run those so often. I keep waiting for Owen Wilson to make an appearance.
          I was just coming here to say, "Get Luke Wilson off my TV NOW!!!" I think it's because they play those commercials sometimes twice a break and every break during a football game, which is just obnoxious. And the AT&T/Verizon wars remind me of the SWB/Sprint long distance landline wars about 12 years ago. Didn't care then; don't care now.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

The commercial with the pig eating ham at a restaurant.

Comment

there is another of the pig commercials where a young girl feeds the baby pig some bacon and a voice says "that's just so wrong". I don't know what the product is but the commercial is pretty funny.
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                The Pristiq commercial.

Using a wooden wind-up doll in a psychiatric drug commercial? Really?
                the wind up doll is intended to portray what a depressed person feels like on a regular basis. If you've ever suffered from depression, you know exactly what they mean. Lucky you if you don't get it.
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                  the wind up doll is intended to portray what a depressed person feels like on a regular basis. If you've ever suffered from depression, you know exactly what they mean. Lucky you if you don't get it.
                  I, too, think it's a good concept with an appropriate use of a prop.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                    What is Luke Wilson selling in those commercials, anyway? Whenever they come on, I'm like "Ick! Its that commercial with the fat Wilson kid again!".
                    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                      What is Luke Wilson selling in those commercials, anyway? Whenever they come on, I'm like "Ick! Its that commercial with the fat Wilson kid again!".
                      I don't know if he's really selling anything. I just get the feeling that he's bashing Verizon.

Comment

he isn't bashing Verizon - just "refuting" it's claims.
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

One of them needs to put a stop to the name-calling before Luke gets his (very unattractively styled) hair pulled. If companies want to have pissing matches, let them do it OFF SCREEN!! That makes me want to go with neither company, as I now perceive them both as whiny children sitting in a sandbox, fighting over the same shovel.

Comment

quite seriously, don't watch the commercials if you don't like them. use the time for a snack or bathroom break. cause the commercials aren't going to change - but we can choose to ignore them.
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I'm trying to mute them more, but I don't always have access to the remote. It's just that they play SO MANY of them. I apparently don't have very good tolerance when it comes to trying to ignore repetitious commericals when I don't always have the options of getting up or changing the channel.
                              Last edited by surlygirly; January 7, 2010, 05:09 AM.

Comment

well, i think it's time to stage a revolt & steal the remote! or try imagining luke wilson in his underwear or something like that so you can laugh at him

(oh wait - that would just not be a pretty picture! better think of something else..................hmmm)
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X