X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helen
    replied
    Re: Least Favorite National TV Ads

Is this the commerical where the music is set to "These boots are made for walking"?

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by Pongs
    Speaking of fast food ads, anyone else NOT like that Jessica Simpson Dominos ad? Maybe its just me but i think its mad wrong how they put that little boy in there w/ her. boo!
    I have a problem with it, too, even tho' they're aiming that spot at a certain demographic. Based on the boy's reaction to Jessica, he should look at least 18. She's a little over-the-top sexy to be flaunting a minor's reaction like that within the context of a commercial. Sure, there are boys his age lusting after her. But, well, never mind! 'Nuff said!

Leave a comment:

• CranBeree
    replied

i think its jessica simpson with pizza hut.

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

Originally posted by Pongs
    Jessica Simpson Dominos ad? Maybe its just me but i think its mad wrong how they put that little boy in there w/ her. boo!
    exactimo, compadre.

Leave a comment:

• Pongs
    replied

Speaking of fast food ads, anyone else NOT like that Jessica Simpson Dominos ad? Maybe its just me but i think its mad wrong how they put that little boy in there w/ her. boo!

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

Oh, yea. that burger chain commercial where the son and dad are dressed in big burger costumes and they exchange snide rude disrespectful ass insults back and forth. yea thanx burger chain. way to go, teaching our kids how to show even more rudeness to parents and the world, as if they need more help.

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

BOOOooooOOO!

..on direct tv with their commercial of two smarmy yuppie execs one upping each other with their crap. shows them at the urinals in the men's room. THAT is why there are doors on bathrooms, ya clucks; cuz that should remain private.
    Sheesh. ya eatin dinner, and haveta see that.

and that sean combs take on how proactive affects him;

"it smooths out muh situation. It elevates muh sexy..."

UUUGGGGHH!

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

Originally posted by helen
    Static subject, dynamic camera angles somehow doesn't work for me.
    get ready for more hair pullin' helen. It is spreading like wildfire and ad agencies and their dumb clients think this look is just as hot. To our detriment and chagrin. Dayum their eyes!

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

I have been meaning to post this one for quite some time but the TD Waterhouse commericals with Sam Watterson sort of turns me off with him speaking and the camera is moving around at different angles and at times it shows that he is not facing the camera.

Static subject, dynamic camera angles somehow doesn't work for me.

Leave a comment:

• backwoodlessons2
    replied
    Re: Horrible commercial

Originally posted by LikaNui
    Does anybody else detest that awful commercial for RoadRunner with teenybopper Vanessa Carlton singing "Time Is On My Side"? It's like some kind of water torture. Every time it comes on and I hear the first two notes of the song I lunge to hit the Mute button.
    The first time I saw it I thought Vanessa's song was awful and thought it was perhaps a joke, like she was some instant reject from American Idol. Her voice is nasal and flat, and her piano playing is like something you'd hear at an elementary school recital.
    Sorry to vent, but the commercial is just horrible.
    I agree. I haven't heard that comm. in a while, but whenever it came on I would quickly change the channel.

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

Originally posted by SouthKona
    Anyone else had fun with complaints?
    maybe fodder for anodder thread but:

Taco bell drive thru one day. waited long time in line only to hear apathetic voice on that old scratchy intercom thing. then when i pulled up they all but tossed me my order, which wasn't even the correct order. This was years ago, so don't remember the other things i bitched about when i called their 800 number, but they sent, by way of apology and compensation, a 15% coupon for my next visit.
    whoptee f#&!n dooo!

in contrast to the time I was a got spoiled carton of milk at da Waimanalo jack in da crak. Called the number, they were very conciliatory. Sent me coupons for two full free lunches or dinners...

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

The Eclipse Mints "Hot Dog" and "Onion" spots.

"Mr. Hot Dog" studies Spanish and realizes the sentence he's reading spells his own demise. Then an Eclipse Mints truck drives up and he runs away yelling then blows up.

"Onion Man" gets blown up by a pack of Eclipse Mints thrown under a door crack.

Something about those costumes and voice-overs just totally creep me out.

Leave a comment:

• SouthKona
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue
    Speaking of complaints...has anyone ever complained to an advertiser or it's ad agency about an ad you find offensive?
    It wasn't about an ad, but rather a product... I once got an "empty" envelope of hot cocoa mix, and wrote the company that only the invisible man would like their product. I never heard anything back.

Years ago, I read where Hawaii had paid for a criminal's "one way ticket leaving Hawaii", and it gave the name of the destination city. I wrote that city's police dept, thanking them for taking our criminals off our hands. I did not hear back on that, either, but later learned that it was posted on their employee bulletin board.

Anyone else had fun with complaints?

Leave a comment:

• AuntieNellieKulolo
    replied

Originally posted by Kalalau
    I also hate all well crafted political ads because they cost a lot of money to make so nice and whoever is paying all that money certainly expects a lot more in return.
    While on the topic of political ads, I hate all the political ads that only speak to 'families'. Hello, I am single, as is 40% of the voting-age population! I left Hawaii in 2000 so missed Lingle's campaign, and wonder if she laid the pro-family rhetoric as thick as the other pols, considering she is single without children... I didn't mean to turn this into a political rant but when I see those commercials I run for the mute button! Next time say 'voters' instead of 'families'. Mahalo!!!!

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    replied

Saw this ad lastnight....Comcast using old game show footage...as "comicbook guy" would say, "Worse ad ever!"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X