Need casting ideas for upcoming commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need casting ideas for upcoming commercial

With exception of Ryan (who run HawaiiThreads) one person does not speak for all of HawaiiThreads. And I don't think it's reasonable to please all the people all of the time, so don't let one person's disappoval stop you. On the other hand if you gotten oh ten or more negative repuatations on one post then yeah maybe that post you did, did cross the line.

Comment

Sue, whoever gave your red should be bitch-slapped. And if, as Helen suggests, 10 people gave you red, that's 10 people who should be bitch-slapped.

In fact, all anonymous weenies should be bitch-slapped. And some schoolmarmish tsk-tsker who gives red to someone who uses the word "bitch" in a post should be bitch-slapped! Haaaaa!

Comment

Tutu,

Please don't go. Screw 'em. If they don't like it, they can go elsewhere. The little pathetic cowardly whiny no-life loser can go elsewhere. Hear me, you baby?

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
          Sue, whoever gave your red should be bitch-slapped. And if, as Helen suggests, 10 people gave you red, that's 10 people who should be bitch-slapped. anonymous weenies should be bitch-slapped. And some schoolmarmish tsk-tsker who gives red to someone who uses the word "bitch" in a post should be bitch-slapped!
          yes, I agree; a female dog should be lifted up and whipped repeatedly across the general face and body of these people what cause dissent.

Comment

Bwaha...hopefully someday, Maddy, you'll come out of your shell and tell it like it is!!

Helen made a good point about multiple red chiclets for the same post. I hadn't thought of that. I certainly wasn't concerned about the negative opinion of one person, much less a red chiclet, but would've preferred to discuss it with him/her in private email. I was concerned that I might've offended a larger number of HTers which would never be my intent. Intent is something I can control. Perception isn't and I always try to take that into consideration when replying to messages. This thread is the first one I've actually started. But now that you, Maddy, have so delicately stated your feelings about someone who gives cinnamon gun anonymously, I'll now refer to them as "Weenies", thanks to you! Oh, and there was one, not 10!

I realized that said "weenie" has obviously not read all of my posts nor would I expect him/her to. Hell, even I haven't read all of my posts. So, all said "weenie" was doing was judging based on however many posts s/he read. I'm all in favor of expressing one's opinions however I do frown on anyone who passes judgement based on lack of facts. I got a red chiclet for agreeing with another HTer that red chiclet givers shouldn't be allowed to give them anonymously. To me, that chiclet was based on opinion and not ill-informed judgement.

What I found interesting about the offended "weenie's" comment was that s/he was asking me to change when, in fact, s/he has other, better choices...not read my posts or put me on the ignore list.

At the risk of redundancy, as long as I haven't offended lots of HTers I'm ok with this situation. Thanks for all the support. I appreciate it. Now, get back to your bitch slapping, Maddy!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue

Thanks for the additional ideas...but, at this point, I'll retract my request for more ideas. It appears, according to an anonymous, red chiclet donor, that "almost every post which you write contains your business. Nobody else does that. Please consider stopping that.". While I tend to wear my red chiclets with pride, the last thing I want to do is offend the HT denizens. I am, after all, one of the newer kids on the block. If discussing my experiences or answering questions about an industry that I know a little something about within the forums "The Tube" and "Hawaii Television" is inappropriate I would like the opportunity to apologize to the offended party personally. S/he is free to PM me.
              This is just another application where I think the Reputation system sucks. Tutu Sue, an apology might be appropriate if it could be directed to an identified complainant, but he or she did not have the balls to leave his or her own user name (and I'll probably receive a "red one" for saying this too). Therefore, please carry on informing, entertaining, and enlightening us as you've been doing all along.

Now back to that commercial. Nowadays you can find people of all ages and ethnic backgrounds dancing together in sync at Japanese Bon Dance celebrations. Might that work?

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe
                Tutu,

Please don't go. Screw 'em. If they don't like it, they can go elsewhere. The little pathetic cowardly whiny no-life loser can go elsewhere. Hear me, you baby?
                I swear, you and Maddy need to see a therapist to help you learn to speak your minds and not wallow in the background, unheard! I had no intention of leaving...was just doing a reality check. BTW, "weenie" takes less keystrokes!

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                  This is just another application where I think the Reputation system sucks.
                  I disagree, like I said eariler you can't please all the people all the time. This person who gave the negative reputation to one of Sue's post did the appropriate thing, at least by their standards to what passes for an appropriate post or not.

As far the original post for this thread goes it might have been better if it was posted in the Hawaii TV forum but that's me talking. As far as asking advice for work related problems, I don't think this was out of line, I think it happens in the Circuit Circus forum from time to time.

Comment

This is just another application where I think the Reputation system sucks. Tutu Sue, an apology might be appropriate if it could be directed to an identified complainant, but he or she did not have the balls to leave his or her own user name (and I'll probably receive a "red one" for saying this too). Therefore, please carry on informing, entertaining, and enlightening us as you've been doing all along.
                    Thanks. Personally I feel the reputation system is a good thing. I just think it shouldn't be anonymous. And, yes, I would've directed an apology to the appropriate person but, well, I guess Maddy and Kilinahe said it all!

Now back to that commercial. Nowadays you can find people of all ages and ethnic backgrounds dancing together in sync at Japanese Bon Dance celebrations. Might that work?
                    Dancers, from hula to bon to hip hop to ballroom, would be good choices. Actually, anyone who has the "beat", a good sense of timing and can take direction should work. Like Scrivener, I, too, thought of aerobics classes...'til I remembered how many I've attended and how so many of the students were out of sync with the music and the instructor. Of course, aerobics isn't about perfect, synchronized movement, rather it's about getting exercise and, hopefully, having some fun doing it.

Time will tell if this project materializes or not. The production company is only in the bidding stage; one of several, I presume.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                      [...] As far the original post for this thread goes it might have been better if it was posted in the Hawaii TV forum but that's me talking.[...]
                      Interesting that you should mention this, Helen, because I did have trouble deciding which of the 2 forums to post to. I finally chose 'The Tube' over 'Hawaii TV' because the commercial in question is not a local commercial. Jeez, if my worst problem in life is having to make a choice between 2 forums, I'll consider myself very lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                        Personally I feel the reputation system is a good thing. I just think it shouldn't be anonymous.
                        I don't think the rep is a good system, though I DO use it for positive comments (lilke, if someone's post cracked me up), and I do sign 'em with an (LL).
                        I think we should have to post our comments, positive or negative, publicly, under our screen names. I don't generally post the "cracked me up" ones, for fear of people thinking I'm just upping my posting numbers, or wasting thread space. But I'd be happy to waste it!

And tutusue - your comments are valued throughout a lot of these threads; I haven't read everything you've posted, but I've read enough to get a sense of who you are and what you do (plus, I've checked out your website and read your postings about your dad - part of an amazing team of people who have always been heroes of mine, for their creativity, humor and brilliance!)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                          I don't think the rep is a good system, though I DO use it for positive comments (lilke, if someone's post cracked me up), and I do sign 'em with an (LL).
                          I think we should have to post our comments, positive or negative, publicly, under our screen names.[...]
                          Ok, now I understand where you're coming from. That would be fine, too, in lieu of the rep system. I'm just anti-anonymous.

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                          And tutusue - your comments are valued throughout a lot of these threads; I haven't read everything you've posted, but I've read enough to get a sense of who you are and what you do (plus, I've checked out your website and read your postings about your dad - part of an amazing team of people who have always been heroes of mine, for their creativity, humor and brilliance!)
                          After viewing 4.5 hours of my dad's cartoons in one sitting I realized his humor in stories and his humor in real life were one and the same! Can you imagine being raised by someone with that kind of humor?!!! While it was my 'norm' it never, ever got old. Thanks for taking the time to read his page. I'm anxious to add to it. So many people want me to write a book. An author, I'm not! The blog will have to suffice!

Comment

Working...
                          X