This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: National TV Ads You Like

I just saw this commercial this morning and love it!
    Animal Planet commerical with a pod of dolphins....
    "Imagine a planet where if you wanted to go to Hawaii all you had to do is take a deep breath and swim there!"

That chubby new hire in the yellow shirt just cracks me up! (Capital One commercial) I love how he's running from the guy screaming at the top of his lungs!
    Lovena

Comment

Kaiser Permanente - BE YOUR OWN CAUSE

The Kaiser Permanente BE YOUR OWN CAUSE spot.

The only audio is this sort of bluesgrass folk song.

A middle-aged overweight man finds himself having to make healthy choices. So they show him taking the stairway instead of the elevator. Pulling out his exercise bike instead of the TV remote. Choosing fruits instead of pastries. Jogging instead of driving his car.

Then simply ends with the text, BE YOUR OWN CAUSE.

Very inspiring!
      Last edited by Pomai; October 4, 2005, 08:22 PM.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I like the Kaiser ads. The one about the "entourage" that follows the patient through his day and into his house in particular, especially the "pediatrician" punch line. The music is a big part of its appeal.

I liked the ads even more after seeing HMSA's valiant (it is local, after all) but sadly ineffectual attempt to emulate the tone of the "Thrive" campaign with its own monosyllabic verb.

Comment

I like the Staples ad with copier jam rhyme.

Comment

My favorite commericial is the verizon one where the guy orders 200 oxen and gets 200 doxen. Then somebody yells STAMPEDE and 200 doxen come running across the screen. Make me laugh every time.
            backwoodlessons2

Comment

Re: Kaiser Permanente - BE YOUR OWN CAUSE

Originally posted by Pomai
              The Kaiser Permanente BE YOUR OWN CAUSE spot.

The only audio is this sort of bluesgrass folk song.

A middle-aged overweight man finds himself having to make healthy choices. So they show him taking the stairway instead of the elevator. Pulling out his exercise bike instead of the TV remote. Choosing fruits instead of pastries. Jogging instead of driving his car.

Then simply ends with the text, BE YOUR OWN CAUSE.

Very inspiring!
              Bluegrass folk song????

Boy, am I old. That's Bob Dylan singing "The Times, They Are A-Changing." I'm astonished that they got the rights for it; I don't think I've ever heard a Dylan performance used in a commercial before.
              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                ; I don't think I've ever heard a Dylan performance used in a commercial before.
                Bobster was in bed with Victoria's Secret lately...

Comment

I haven't seen the Victoria's Secret ad, but I heard about it.

The ad I like at the moment is (I think) Olive Garden, where Uncle whosit drops his tongs and his nephew saves the day. I just like the phrase "moo-shu madness."

Comment

Bluegrass folk song????

Boy, am I old. That's Bob Dylan singing "The Times, They Are A-Changing." I'm astonished that they got the rights for it; I don't think I've ever heard a Dylan performance used in a commercial before.
                    Sorry bout that. Dylan was before my time. Most the Dylan songs I have heard were actually annoying in the way he inflects his tones.

Perhaps LAZY FOLK SONG?
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

The ad I like at the moment is (I think) Olive Garden, where Uncle whosit drops his tongs and his nephew saves the day. I just like the phrase "moo-shu madness."
                      I have a friend who gets annoyed at national ads for stores and restaurants that aren't in the Hawai‘i market, like Olive Garden. It drives him nuts because he wants to find out whether they're as good as their ads make them out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                        I have a friend who gets annoyed at national ads for stores and restaurants that aren't in the Hawai‘i market, like Olive Garden. It drives him nuts because he wants to find out whether they're as good as their ads make them out to be.
                        Count me with your friend. I used to get infuriated with Red Lobster and Outback until they opened here. I'm still annoyed with Sonic, though I don't know why another fast food burger joint is needed out here. On the other hand, I'd love to have a Der Wienerschnitzel out here; I remember their 75-cent mustard-and-onion dogs very well from Tucson.

Comment

Imagine neighbor island residents who have to watch commercials from businesses that are only on Oahu.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Another Captial One commercial that I think is hilarious is the Voodoo doll one.....the one where the chubby new hire spanks himself over and over again! **LMAO**
                            Lovena

Comment

Re: TV commericals you like to watch

Originally posted by kupomog
                              The Raisin Bran Crunch commercials with that Johnson guy always getting fired. Those commercials are really the only reason I love Raisin Bran Crunch now.
                              The latest one now has Smith the guy who tries to have Johnson fired going to the Human Resource person who is also eating Raisin Bran Crunch and handing Smith an employee of the month award with Johnson on it.

Comment

Somebody explain the McDonalds ad with the girl explaining "Women are like McGriddles" to the kid who's just been dumped, and when that doesn't take, she tries again with "Women are like coffee." I'm still trying to figure out her metaphor/analogy/simile and the point she's trying to make. Or maybe I'm trying to read into it a point that isn't there?

Comment

Working...
                                X