The Herculoids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Herculoids

Back in the 1960's CBS aired a Saturday morning cartoon series called The Herculoids which was produced by Hanna-Barbera (the same group that made Jonny Quest and Space Ghost to name a few of their works).

New episodes came out in the early 1980's in a NBC series called Space Stars, while the original got played again when Cartoon Network started operations in the 1990's.

I managed to pick up the Blu-Ray of the original series from Amazon a few weeks ago and have been watching an episode here and there since it arrived.

Some things I noticed so far based on my memory. Each 1/2 hour episode had 2 segments, with a brief open before the title of the segment, however the opening of the first segment seems to be missing with the starting theme music just comes on. In most cases no don't notice it but some episodes you kind of wondered what happen.

I sort of remember that the starting credits had a different theme song with no narration of who The Herculoids are.

I am going to add a poll to this thread, it is multiple choice with no time limit, this is more a test of vBulletin 5.6.5 than anything else.

Kind of noticed that there is no question to go with the poll, so the question is Which is your favorite Herculoid character?

Zok (the laser dragon)
    100.00%
    Igoo (the rock ape)
    0%
    Tundro (the 10 legged rhinoceros that fires energy rocks from the horn)
    100.00%
    Gloop (the bigger shape-shifter)
    0%
    Gleep (the smaller shape-shifter)
    0%
    Zandor (human male leader)
    0%
    Tara (Zandor's wife)
    0%
    Dorno (Zandor and Tara son)
    0%
    Too young to encounter this cartoon