• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acousticlady
    replied
    Re: Law & Order

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
    I'm guessing that Fred Thompson's running for President may mean his character wont be around for the 2007-2008 season.
    I'm curious - if Fred Thompson is running for president, don't they have to take his episodes off the air while they are campaigning? Something about equal air time? I seem to vaguely remember somethnig about this way back when Reagan was running. They couldn't air his movies. Anyone know about this?

Leave a comment:

• Kittrick
    replied

I like all of the L& O's too. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a spinoff called:

Law & Order: Special Bathroom Unit

or

Law & Order: Special Politicians Unit

based on the way the headlines are going lately.

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    replied

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    I just saw this one tonight, about an hour ago...had a good chuckle.
    The one with Monk is funny too.

Leave a comment:

• Vanguard
    replied

I was bored last summer, and caught a Law and Order mini marathon on TNT. I instantly became hooked Now I have seasons 5 and 14 on DVD. I was surprised to see an old university professor of mine who got a short speaking role in season 14!

I'm guessing that Fred Thompson's running for President may mean his character wont be around for the 2007-2008 season.

I also like SVU, but for some reason, I really don't like CI.

Originally posted by helen View Post
    One thing I like about the original Law & Order is at the beginning of an epsiode. 99% of the time you have a couple of New Yorkers talking about this, that and the other thing and the next thing you know they stumble across a dead body. Of course last night's epsiode it was the other 1% where the dead body fell from the sky.
    They did a great parody of that on Mad TV.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    This fall Law & Order: Criminal Intent is going to air original episodes on the USA Network. So far I have seen 3 different commericals on the USA Network telling about the move. Two of them involve workmen coming in and moving stuff out with L&O:CI actors doing their roles. The third one is where Goren and Eames notice the USA logo on the bottom right of the screen.
    I just saw this one tonight, about an hour ago...had a good chuckle.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

This fall Law & Order: Criminal Intent is going to air original episodes on the USA Network. So far I have seen 3 different commericals on the USA Network telling about the move. Two of them involve workmen coming in and moving stuff out with L&O:CI actors doing their roles. The third one is where Goren and Eames notice the USA logo on the bottom right of the screen.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

Last night's season finale was one of the greatest cliffhangers ever.

Leave a comment:

• acousticlady
    replied

Caught an early episode of L & O the other day. They were using typewriters and had phones with cords! Hard to believe it's been on that long or that technology has changed so quickly.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Tonight's (5/1/07) episode of Law&Order:CI based it on the Lisa Nowak case, with a twist.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied
    D.A. Cabot > D.A. Novak

Cabot works only in one speed and direction: full speed ahead. Novak's witty, but those flaring nostrils...

Cabot's b*tchy attitude is kinda sexy to boot.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Just noticed something, with the exception of Munch and Tutuola all of the detective teams on all three series are mixed gendered pairs.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Tonight's episode of Law & Order:CI was sort of unique in it's story telling format. The pre-credits start has a fistfight between Logan and a few FDNY firefighters. Post-credits start of the episode was a police review board with flashbacks explaining the crime and this lasted to 3/4 of the way that showed the fight expanding to the backup police units and a ladder truck.

The last 1/4 of the episode covers the who did it.

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    replied

Originally posted by helen
    Courtney B. Vance wasn't in the starting credits for tonight's episode of Law & Order: CI.
    Ch-ch-ch-changes: Eric Bogosian replaces Jamey Sheridan as the detectives' boss. Annabella Sciorra is gone, and Julianne Nicholson is Chris Noth's new partner; Courtney B. Vance is out, with Theresa Randle (Bad Boys) in for at least three episodes. One constant: Noth (Det. Mike Logan) and Vincent D'Onofrio (Det. Robert Goren) will still alternate as the investigators. C'mon, new showrunner Warren Leight, give us a ripped-from-the-headlines plot. ''You know those teachers who stray with young male students? One of those leads to a murder. [It's about] what goes on in someone's head that causes them to fall in love with a student, when she crosses that line.''
    Theresa Randle played Martin Lawrence's wife in the Bad Boys movies.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Courtney B. Vance wasn't in the starting credits for tonight's episode of Law & Order: CI.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Tonight's episode of Law & Order: CI is sort of interesting in terms of the cast. From last season it hinted that Jamey Sheridan wouldn't be back but it seems that Courtney B. Vance wasn't in the starting credits and according to the preview to next week episode Annabella Sciorra seems to be gone as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X