Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How bad is the surfing localism

Originally posted by Queenolu

Goodness...why do everything have to become a race issue... get over it already. It's a TV show.... made for entertainment....
    That's the way things are here. How much research have you done on your move? You seem totally out of the loop. That is all Hawai'i needs, another clueless transplant from the Continental States moving here.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu
      That's the way things are here. How much research have you done on your move? You seem totally out of the loop. That is all Hawai'i needs, another clueless transplant from the Continental States moving here.
      That's the way things are there because of people like you that continues to make things "the way things are here".

I have travelled enough around the world back and forth to know that HI is just simply another place on the lovely planet called earth... and nothing special about it more than anywhere else... you need to get out of the "loop" you have created for yourself over there and travel the world and see how the rest of the world is and then maybe you will realize that you are the Clueless one.

You know what....Keanu... I am not the one to attack on here... just because you are another local with a big hump on his head/shoulder and lives in the little world you have created for yourself over there in HI and thinks everything in HI is Golden and thinks the world circles around HI does not mean everyone is like you....

I don't need to go into details with you on what I have done for my move because frankly.... you simply don't worth the time and energy.

You are just another one of those crazy people over there that continues to give HI a very bad name and reputation. Sorry dear... I know enough people that are local over there to know not everyone is like you and most are generous and kind hearted.

Be gone with your mean stupid and ignorant spirit.... I refuse to let mean spirits like you cast a shadow over my life.... poofffffff be gone.

Ohhh by the way... no need to respond...

Goodness.. I can't stand ignorant people.

Edit:
      I know Konaguy told you this before so I will borrow from what he told you......
      It is completely inappropriate for you to personally attack me. Not even right for you to attack my opinion.... and when you attack me personally, its not right...and I will attack back.
      Last edited by Queenolu; September 21, 2006, 10:03 AM.
      Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
      Mark Twain

Comment

I don't need to go into details with you on what I have done for my move because frankly.... you simply don't worth the time and energy.

You are just another one of those crazy people over there that continues to give HI a very bad name and reputation. Sorry dear... I know enough people that are local over there to know not everyone is like you and most are generous and kind hearted.

Be gone with your mean stupid and ignorant spirit.... I refuse to let mean spirits like you cast a shadow over my life.... poofffffff be gone.

Ohhh by the way... no need to respond... you are the first in my IGNORE list.

Goodness.. I can't stand ignorant people.
        Whether you agree with Keanu or not I think you should give him a listen.

He was born and raised here. It seems to me that he was just expressing indignation at the portrayal of Hawaiians in the media and justified disgust at the shooting of two Hawaiians in a TV drama.

You say you "know enough local people here...." But you've never lived here. The fact that you are so quick to declare that you know what it's like here and so quick to decide that Keanu's viewpoints should just be ignored strikes me as more than a bit arrogant. And a recipe for trouble if and when you move here, frankly.

Calling Keanu "ignorant"? Jeez. You've read a couple of books on Hawaii, visited here a few times, and you're calling someone who has lived here all his life "ignorant" regarding what goes on here.

"Crazy, mean, ignorant..." Wow.

Rather rude.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
          Whether you agree with Keanu or not I think you should give him a listen.

He was born and raised here. It seems to me that he was just expressing indignation at the portrayal of Hawaiians in the media and justified disgust at the shooting of two Hawaiians in a TV drama.

You say you "know enough local people here...." But you've never lived here. The fact that you are so quick to declare that you know what it's like here and so quick to decide that Keanu's viewpoints should just be ignored strikes me as more than a bit arrogant. And a recipe for trouble if and when you move here, frankly.

Calling Keanu "ignorant"? Jeez. You've read a couple of books on Hawaii, visited here a few times, and you're calling someone who has lived here all his life "ignorant" regarding what goes on here.

"Crazy, mean, ignorant..." Wow.

Rather rude.
          OahuRN...

I'm sorry but this is not about if or not I have lived there before.... and what I originally said was not related to any race or because they were Hawaiian to begin with... and I did not say I know about how all things are over there.... I have lived in enough places around the world to know that people are people and there are good and bad of everyone one of us...

This is not about this viewpoint..... we are all free to express our opinion.. but that does not give him the right to attack me and start calling me clueless...

He attacked me and I attack back.. that simple...

It is completely inappropriate for him to personally attack me. Not even right for him to attack my opinion.... and when he attack me personally, its not right...and I will attack back.

Anyway, this is the last I will say anything about this. Moving on to other topics.

Mahalo
          Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
          Mark Twain

Comment

OahuRN...

I'm sorry but this is not about if or not I have lived there before.... and what I originally said was not related to any race or because they were Hawaiian to begin with... and I did not say I know about how all things are over there.... I have lived in enough places around the world to know that people are people and there are good and bad of everyone one of us...

This is not about this viewpoint..... we are all free to express our opinion.. but that does not give him the right to attack me and start calling me clueless...

He attacked me and I attack back.. that simple...

It is completely inappropriate for him to personally attack me. Not even right for him to attack my opinion.... and when he attack me personally, its not right...and I will attack back.

Anyway, this is the last I will say anything about this. Moving on to other topics.

Mahalo
            :::sigh:::

Reread your post.

Is this where the Ralph Marston quotes come in?

Comment

Re: "Smith" on CBS

Thanks RN, some people (like Olu) can't see past their own inanity.She could do all of us a favor by staying on the East Coast.

Comment

Anyone stick around for episode two? Just caught up with it via TiVo. I liked it... enough to say I like "Smith" a bit more now than I did after just the pilot. I'm now curious enough to tune in to see what happens next, in other words, whereas I didn't have that sense of anticipation after episode one.

I was intrigued to discover that the much-discussed random surfer shooting in the pilot wasn't just a one-off "look how senselessly violent this guy is" demonstration, after all. If the law enforcement search for the museum robbers is the sub-plot, then there's now a sub-sub-plot with a cousin of one of the slain surfers on his own hunt for the guy who killed him (Jeff). A short scene supposedly set in a Honolulu police station introduces Sydney Liufau as Kala, who soon turns up in California with a pair of slippers and a sketch of Jeff.

Okay, so they're not exactly breaking type with a huge, mean Samoan guy, but to their credit they're not playing it for laughs. It'll be interesting to see how, if at all, the Kala/Jeff story is carried through the rest of the season.

BTW, the Honolulu police cop was Michael Paul Chan, who also plays a cop in TNT's "The Closer."

Comment

I watched it and liked it. I like the whole Thief premise. I know I may get hit with balls here but I enjoy the show!

It's different and it's something I can follow through the weeks. Lost this and Grey and Jericho..what can I say I am a vegetable!
                  Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                  Sharing withother survivors...
                  www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

"Smith" has been canceled:

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2006Oct...sttoGo,00.html

Comment

Wow. That's surprising. This is what I get for not reading the trades... I was under the impression that "Smith" was doing relatively well. Once again, even earned positive raves in the television media doesn't always translate to good ratings.

Unusual that it's yanked, and not just killed. That means there are probably a few episodes in the can that'll never be aired ('til, maybe, a DVD comes out). NBC at least gave "Kidnapped" a small window to wrap things up before the axe falls. Three episodes is a pretty short lifespan to determine long-term viability, but I guess the "Smith" ratings were that bad.

A pity. It was one of the few new shows we made time to watch on the day of airing. I guess we get our Tuesday nights back.

Comment

I, too, was bummed to read in the trades that "Smith" got cancelled.

IMHO, despite the violence (or maybe because of it?) it was compelling TV. (Note that compelling can be a mix of great stuff and content that doesn't meet with one's approval.)

I'm a big Ray Liotta fan but the story lines and character development were drawing me in.

According to something I read, it had suffered signficant audience erosion and just wasn't drawing the numbers to justify what must have been HUGE production costs. If it doesn't pencil out, it doesn't stay on TV.

Perhaps it'll undergo a round of budget cutting and get "repurposed" to cable?
                        I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

For those of you upset that CBS cancelled Smith, consider filing a complaint.

With enough viewer complaints, CBS may reconsider its cancelling of the marvelous fast-paced Smith with its excellent cast including Ray Liotta, Virginia Madsen, Simon Baker and Amy Smart and the show's superb writing.

Blame it on CBS's bad marketing, its only giving the show three episodes of airtime, and CBS's lack of promoting online viewing of earlier episodes of Smith for those who needed to catch up.

CBS could have given a better re-cap at the beginning of episodes for new viewers just tuning in. It could have re-run the episodes during off-hours, much like Bravo does, to allow viewers to catch up.

To complain, call CBS Audience Services at any time day or night to leave a message, or, to reach a live person, call during the hours of 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. EST - telephone CBS audience services at 212-975-3247.

You may also email audsvcs@cbs.com (short for audience services).

You may also go to CBS's feedback form online to submit your complaint at http://www.cbs.com/info/user_service...bal_form.shtml Smith is still listed in the shows on that feedback form.

You may also sign this online petition to CBS to bring back Smith. http://www.petitiononline.com/cbssmith/petition.html

You can also vote that you thought Smith was a great show by going to the first official Smith fansite http://www.smith-on-cbs.com/ and voting on the question "What's Your Opinion Regarding Smith's Cancellation?"

Comment

Working...
                          X