"Jericho" on CBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Jericho" on CBS

I re-watched the episode this morning. I like the minor joke about Stanley saying to Jake that after needles being poked into him every 10 minutes that he can't wait until his "spidey powers" kick in.

Comment

Seems that Hawkins belongs to some sort of group that might have known that the bombs were coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Queenolu View Post
        But yet, the woman touched the black stuff and she got sick.
        No she didn't get sick, she thought she was in trouble after touching the rained down ash on the building. Stanley reassured her that he was out in the rain longer than her and he wasn't sick from the radiation but he was reacting to drinking that iodine eariler in the episode.

Comment

As this series is progressing it's getting apparent that while Jake has some sort of secert life, he is not really involved or in league with anyone that caused the nuclear attacks.

Hawkins on the other hand have been aware that it was going to happen and it seems that he is part of a group that is going to ride out the attacks.

Both of these characters are able to think on their feet but they are not the only ones in town who can do this. Jake's friend Stanley while he seems to be kind of dense at first he can hold his own.

Jake's brother Eric is able to think outside of the box once in a while and the school teacher Heather is able to help when the need arises.

Comment

Tonight's episode forwards time 2 weeks after 2 missles over fly Jericho. At least this episode answers how Dale managed to get the food supplies on the train to the store.

Comment

I liked the part they were batting away useless cell phones.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I keep watching but I am so lost. I don't understand why that guy imposed his pic on his famiyl and they are going along with it. I hate it when I can't figure it out for myself an d have to wait!
                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                Sharing withother survivors...
                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Hawkins is supposed to pass himself and his family as a typical family from St. Louis. His cover story of him being a cop allows him to offer his knowledge of disaster response without raising eyebrows. For instance would you believe this if this was said in the series:

Hi, I'm Robert Hawkins, I am a piano tuner from St. Louis. My family and I just moved in, we love to hike and oh by the way we should seek shelter from the rain that might contain radioactive particles from what used to be Denver.
                  Last night's episode said that he (Hawkins) wasn't around his family for the past four years and the original photograph would have raised questions as to why a typical cop would not be in the photo with the rest of his family.

Jake on the other hand has been giving all sort of reasons where he was the last five years, like the Army (Stanley), minor baseball league (Gracie), Navy (Emily, who didn't believe him), military training (school kids on the bus) and pool guy (Hawkins).

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                    Hawkins is supposed to pass himself and his family as a typical family from St. Louis. His cover story of him being a cop allows him to offer his knowledge of disaster response without raising eyebrows. For instance would you believe this if this was said in the series:

Last night's episode said that he (Hawkins) wasn't around his family for the past four years and the original photograph would have raised questions as to why a typical cop would not be in the photo with the rest of his family.

Jake on the other hand has been giving all sort of reasons where he was the last five years, like the Army (Stanley), minor baseball league (Gracie), Navy (Emily, who didn't believe him), military training (school kids on the bus) and pool guy (Hawkins).
                    Ok well that helps. I must be missing pieces. Those pesky kids that keep TALKING to me when I am watching TV!
                    j/k

Comment

By the way the CBS web site has a section for Jericho at:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/

There is also a link that allows you to watch previous episodes of Jericho.

Comment

I have watched Jericho from the first episode. The story is complex and being built a little at a time in each episode. We are encouraged, directed and misdirected to think and speculate (as in LOST) which makes it interesting. Each episode we are given a bit more and like reading a good book we look forward to reaching the end when the author pulls it all together for us... then come the sequels (oh more fun!) which in TVland is additional seasons. We know we are being led and it's ok. So far the story and characters are entertaining, sparking thought and discussion along the way. I grew up in the 60's at a large military base and also spent some time in Germany during the Cold War years... nuclear attack was a subject in the forefront of our military-dependant lives. NEO alerts at Dailey Barracks 30 miles from the Czech border (age 18, newly married), Civil Defense signs all over our Oklahoma town (and not just tornado shelters!), pictures of my childhood self on the river bank of our debarkation point for the family after Dad took us on a required trip tracing our escape route should war break out (circa 1961 Germany). Jericho brings back memories as well as being informative and entertaining. I like it.
                        Last edited by Debwhosmiles; October 29, 2006, 07:15 AM. Reason: missing word
                        Speak to me in quiet ways, of moonlit nights and halcyon days~

Comment

It seems that the first wave of nuclear explosions might have been caused by people driving trucks containing bombs as opposed to missiles hitting cities. Still no idea who is behind these attacks.
                          Last edited by helen; November 1, 2006, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Ooooo! I am off today so I get to watch a little morning tv...was watching the election returns and Whoa! Skeet Ulrich on CBS! He always looks like he just woke up after an all-nighter but I like him.

Lots to keep up with on this show but enjoying it. Always ready for the next chapter!

Deb~
                            Speak to me in quiet ways, of moonlit nights and halcyon days~

Comment

Seems that Jake may have did a stint with FEMA or some sort of Civil Defense, but he still refuses to tell his brother what he did for the last 5 years.

Comment

I wonder why Jake seems so nervous if he has such extensive training. And does anyone even wonder why the sniper is so good? No one questions why he knows how to snipe? I am just sickingly involved in this show now. LOVE IT

Comment

Working...
                                X