"Two and a Half Men" on CBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Two and a Half Men" on CBS

Most of tonight's episode humor is from the female supporting characters in the form of Charlie's girlfriend (Chelsea), the houseskeeper (Berta) and the psychiatrist.

Comment

So since when Jake is able to drive a car?

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
        The boy (son), though, is getting a little to old now to play the part of innocent little kid. They are gona have to make sure they let him age appropriately, and not keep him "dopey" too much longer.
        Originally posted by helen View Post
        So since when Jake is able to drive a car?
        I think they are trying to finally let him grow up a bit, maybe the writers read HT?
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I've been pretty lukewarm about this show since I first saw it. I agree with fans who say there's some really good talent here, especially with the Sheen/Cryer dynamic and there's some very good writing.

However, a lot of the good writing is wasted on insults. It's true that the show works because beneath the insults is genuine fondness and love, otherwise the characters would just be mean, and nobody really wants to watch a show whose main characters are only mean to each other. Still, it walks the line, and it just seems to me that insult, insult, insult, insult, no matter how clever or funny, gets to be a tiring formula.

The next time you watch this show, count how many of the laughs come because of an insult. It's got to be more than three quarters of the show's laughs. It's entertaining in its own way, but it gets to be a bit unbelievable, not to mention difficult to take.

I'm not above laughing at slapstick, but if you've ever tried to watch a whole episode of America's Funniest Home Videos (or whatever that show was called), you know that the humor of a crotch-hit wears thin when it's the sixth crotch-hit in half an hour. This is how I feel about the humor on Two and a Half Men. For all the talent that's represented, I kinda wish they'd vary the formula a bit.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

From the episodes I have seen so far Alan tends to be butt of insults from Charlie but this season it seems that he is either returning the insults or sorts of reminds him that his days of being single are numbered.

Tonight's episode has Charlie and Alan ending up in the bed of a strange woman and Charlie getting flashbacks of the night.

Comment

Tonight's episode is a repeat of when Emilio Estevez and James Earl Jones showed up.

Comment

Alan and Jake take a road trip to pick up a grandfather clock, they try to past the time by who can pass the loudest gas.

Charlie is left behind and he tries medical marijuana and imagnes old girlfriends.
                Last edited by helen; May 17, 2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Did they have to cancelled this series because of Charlie Sheen's off screen behavior? Couldn't they replace him with Emilio Estevez like how The Three Stooges replaced the third stooge with another Howard brother.

Comment

According to the LA Times, CBS just cancelled the rest of the season, not the series.

Comment

WB, they could replace him with a sock puppet and I could not possibly care less!!! This man is insane, unprofessional, and one effing sick quasi-human being!! His career is over, unless he's interested in 'Celebrity Rehab', or 'Im a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here'! Two & 1/2 Men is over, and Im okay with that, never liked that show one bit. CS will likely be dead by next year, anyway, so no worry about his contract renewal for his stupid show
                      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

What's 2.5 men I don't have television service. I guess I won't miss it since I never knew what it was (sounds like the lyrics to a Country and Western song)!
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I'm a big fan of the show, the casting and the writing, altho' I've never been a fan of Charlie Sheen. He wasn't acting in the true sense of the word in 2 1/2 Men...he was portraying himself. That he became the highest paid series "actor" is beyond me.

It stinks what he did to all the people (cast, crew, vendors) who depended on that show for their livelihoods. It's because of them that I don't want to see the season canceled. It's because of Charlie that I hope the entire series is canceled.

I agree with TG...I doubt Sheen will still be alive in a year. He's on a crash course with death; a total train wreck.

Matapule: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/two_and_a_half_men/

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/cele...own/index.html

I don't think Charlie Sheen is coming back after his rant againt the show producer.

Comment

I too feel badly for the crew and others who will likely suffer financially from this debacle. It's amazing the number of people who will suffer the consequences of this.

I feel for his whole family---from the children to his siblings and parents. It's hard to watch someone go down and not be able to help them because as many of us here know, you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

Martin and Emilio have a new film, called The Way, coming out but I don't know if it'll get released in the U.S. Emilio wrote, directed and stars in it alongside his father. It's about a father who goes on a pilgrimage in Spain to spread his son's ashes. Emilio plays the son in a series of flashbacks. I really hope it gets released here, because the premise intrigues me and the clips were really good.

Martin Sheen is one of my favorite actors, and he comes across as a very humble, genuine, and informed man about the issues close to his heart. Emilio seems much the same way.

It's a shame about Charlie. Here's hoping he gets the help he so desperately needs.
                              Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                                What's 2.5 men I don't have television service.
                                In a nutshell, Two and a Half Men is about two brothers in their 40's and the son of the younger brother (he is the Half Man, due to his age) living at the house of the older brother in Malibu, California.

The two brothers are opposites in terms of their work, love life and general outlook in life which drives the basis of the comedy.

Speaking for myself I don't watch this series all the time and when I do its for the comedy not for the actors that are in it, that being said if Charlie Sheen can not return to the series, the best way to handle this is to have his character written out and not be replaced by another actor.

Comment

Working...
                                X