Are you smarter than a fifth grader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you smarter than a fifth grader?

I was wondering if anyone have seen this show? It is a game show where the adults challenges a fifth grade student. It is very interesting. I am going to watch it tonight. Some adults on this game show can't even answer the question. If you haven't seen it please watch it. I like this game show because it challenges me.
    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Re: Are you smarter than a fifth grader?

I watched it once and got a kick out of it...but not enough to watch it again. I was a bit embarrassed for the adults!

Comment

I was gonna say "if you're smarter than a fifth-grader, then you won't be watching Fox" - but I won't.

Comment

I don't know why, but I can see Frank DeLima hosting a local version of that show.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
          I don't know why, but I can see Frank DeLima hosting a local version of that show.
          The late Ray Bumatai starred in a local show involving improv artists and kids a few years ago. "Mental Tilapia" aired on OC16. It definitely wasn't the same format as the title of this thread but there were enough similarities for a light bulb to go on in my tutu brain!

Oh, and I'd probably watch a local version of "Fifth Grader". Frank, as host, would be hysterical!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            The late Ray Bumatai starred in a local show involving improv artists and kids a few years ago. "Mental Tilapia" aired on OC16. It definitely wasn't the same format as the title of this thread but there were enough similarities for a light bulb to go on in my tutu brain!

Oh, and I'd probably watch a local version of "Fifth Grader". Frank, as host, would be hysterical!
            Maybe it could be called "Are You Smarter Than A Private School Fifth Grader" because the public schools don't teach enough here.
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
              Maybe it could be called "Are You Smarter Than A Private School Fifth Grader" because the public schools don't teach enough here.
              Do we know if the actual 5th graders on the Jeff Foxworthy show are public or private school students?

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                Actually, I was thinking of an off-color version but I can't post it here.
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  Do we know if the actual 5th graders on the Jeff Foxworthy show are public or private school students?
                  Or the question for that matter
                  Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                  Flickr

Comment

I've only seen one and that was this last week. It was sad. I too felt embarrassed for the guy as they posted his academic awards and college GPA at the bottom of the screen.

I didn't catch the beginning of the show but I am wondering about the chosen 5th graders also... They seemed to always have the correct answer... maybe they were given tests with the actual questions before being chosen...

We've all noticed that as we learn we tend to forget previously learned data. (Most apparent in job changes where you have what I call a "memory dump" of un-needed previous job details replaced by current job details.) Maybe this show points outs that old brain files cannot always be accessed. lol
                    Speak to me in quiet ways, of moonlit nights and halcyon days~

Comment

I can't believe one of the adults didn't know what 5*2 was. It's 10! Aloha! (That's my way of saying duh or hello.) I think the purpose of the show is to have a fifth grader win it.
                      'Alika

Comment

I have finally caught the show a few times.
                        My boys LOVE it and I enjoy it as well.
                        I am really surprised that the contestants have to "think" about some of the first grade questions.
                        Then again, I realized it has been 25 years since I have spelled YAK on my own, if I didn't have kids, I may have forgotten!
                        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                        Sharing withother survivors...
                        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

OK, I admit it. I am not smarter than a 5th grader...not today. I watched the show for the first time this evening and answered every question correctly except the million $$ one:

What French explorer led expeditions to the St. Lawrence River area of Canada?

Tell the truth, now. Am I the only one here who doesn't know the answer? Well, I do now because I watched the show, but I honestly don't remember ever learning the answer in any grade. Did I learn it and forgot it? If I were French would I have forgotten? Am I just old??

Comment

Sheesh, Matilda, I had to google the answer and I STILL don't know who that guy is! Never heard of him!
                            So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
                              Sheesh, Matilda, I had to google the answer and I STILL don't know who that guy is! Never heard of him!

That's probably why it was the million $$ question -- odds were, the contestant wouldn't know the answer!

Comment

Working...
                              X