Bell Expressvu, Canadian TV on O'ahu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell Expressvu, Canadian TV on O'ahu

Hey. I want to watch Canadian TV on O'ahu. I have a Bell Expressvu satellite system, and I see some reports that say you can get a signal in Hawai'i, and some say you can't. So ... for any of those on HT that are familiar with Bell Expressvu (can't imagine there's too many of you), can you get a signal? How about Starchoice, although I prefer Bell.

I need my hockey fix, but need to know if there's even a small chance of this working before I lug my satellite to the Islands.

Re: Bell Expressvu, Canadian TV on O'ahu

The easy answer is that you're probably better off leaving the dish in Canada.

Being able to catch a signal here is going to depend on where you're located. You're getting conflicting reports because someone might live on top of a mountain and be able to catch a signal, while someone else who lives in a densely-populated part of town cannot.

And I say leave the old dish behind, because you'll find that in order to catch a signal out here (if you're even able to to it in the first place), you'll need a much bigger dish than the one you have now.

Be prepared to spend time (and money) researching this further once you get here.

Comment

Re: Bell Expressvu, Canadian TV on O'ahu

Just hockey? Or will you also need your weekly fixes of "Mercer Report?"
      Wonder which signal you'd get (if any) in Hawai`i? It might not be CBC (Saturday nights just wouldn't be the same without Don & Ron.)

Comment

Working...
      X