Dancing with the Stars - Season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dancing with the Stars - Season 5

It's a official. The following celebrities have been announced.
    • Marie Osmond, singer/actress from Donny and Marie variety show.
    • Melanie Brown, aka "Scary Spice," singer of the Spice Girls.
    • Wayne Newton, singer and Las Vegas legend.
    • Floyd Mayweather, aka "Pretty Boy Floyd," boxer and 6-time world champion.
    • Jennie Garth, actress from Beverly Hills: 90210.
    • Jane Seymour, actress from Doctor Quinn, Medicine Woman.
    • Cameron Mathison, model-turned-actress from All My Children.
    • Sabrina Bryan, singer/actress from The Cheetah Girls.
    • Helio Castroneves, racer, 2-time Indy 500 champion.
    • Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks basketball team.
    • Josie Maran, model/actress, starred in Van Helsing.
    • Albert Reed, model for Abercrombie & Fitch.

The competition begins September 24.

Source: http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancingw...n=announcement
    Last edited by Random; August 29, 2007, 08:43 AM.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Re: Dancing with the Stars - Season 5

Good lineup. Never knew I was into any type of dancing other than a goofy skank, hip hop infused body spasm...until this show! We'll be watching.
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

<sigh> I only recognize the first 6 names. Now that I'm a year older, can I blame it on age that I don't recognize the other 6?

Upon perusing the link I'm really excited that Julianne Hough is returning and even more excited that her oh-so-cute brother, Derek, who Julianne was seen dancing with at one point last season, will be one of the pro dancers. I wish Derek could've been paired with a young starlet...oh, maybe, Lindsay Lohan, Nicole or Paris! j/k j/k j/k !!! Seriously, for me part of the allure of Julianne and Apolo was their youth. Ballroom dancing tends not to have the cool factor for the younger generation so to see those 2 youngsters not only make it cool but win was dynamite! I'd like to see Derek paired with Scarlet Johansson?!

iCal has been programmed!

Comment

I saw the cast when it was leaked on TMZ.com the other day and it's a pretty *YAWN* cast, if you ask me.

Still, I'll watch it...just for Maksim and Tony. Oh, and the A&F model. RAWR.

Sabrina's an early favorite for me. She's a Cheetah Girl and she'll get the teenybopper vote. I already see her getting far into the competition.
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I'm still wondering why Fergie (the former Duchess of York) is not selected?

I'll probably root for Marie Osmond. I had a pre-teen crush on her.

I have no clue about the Cheetah Girls, except maybe Raven Symone, but then I already knew her before she's a Disney player.

Oh, and I know one person in America that won't be voting for Melanie Brown.

As for the guys, they don't have the appeal to draw young crowd to the show than previous seasons (who had Mario Lopez, Drew Lachey, Joey Fatone, etc.). Wayne Newton will draw in the old crowd as well as his fanbase in Vegas. Don't know much about Helio, whereas Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr are more familiar household names when it comes to the faces of NASCAR and Indy racing. Who would care for the rich guy Cuban?

Other than Wayne, the Floyd Mayweather is familiar to me.
          Last edited by Random; August 29, 2007, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            I'd like to see Derek paired with Scarlet Johansson?!
            Me, too. Unfortunately, she's an A-list actress and is very busy.

I wouldn't mind seeing the hot latina from Grey's Anatomy compete. Or one of the Facts of Life girls (including the elusive Molly Ringwald).

Comment

If you're not a sports fan, you don't know what it is about Mark Cuban that would make him a great contestant on this show, but the show's producers know. He will win a LOT of people over. He's a very young-looking 49 years old, a self-made billionaire since his early thirties who took the most pathetic franchise in sports and turned it into the team everyone wants to play for. He is a loose cannon, likely to say at any moment the kind of thing that has resulted in millions of dollars in fines from the commissioner of the NBA.

Normally uncontrite about the words that come out of his mouth (he's always a good interview!), he once apologized for a thoughtless remark that offended some Dairy Queen workers by working all day at a DQ. It was one of those normal-guy things that people love about him. The public impression is that he's just a regular guy, but with a billion dollars. Count on him to impress a lot of people.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Interesting lineup! Glad to read that the Hough kids are in this season as well.
                Lovena

Comment

Cheryl Burke's coming back tho, right?
                  Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                    Cheryl Burke's coming back tho, right?
                    Yep...your hottie's back and paired with Wayne Newton.

(Insomnia? What insomnia? )

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                      If you're not a sports fan, you don't know what it is about Mark Cuban that would make him a great contestant on this show, but the show's producers know. He will win a LOT of people over. He's a very young-looking 49 years old,[...]
                      Of interest to me is the fact that Cuban had hip replacement surgery on 6/29/07. I don't know how far in advance dance rehearsals begin but, dang, even if rehearsals started with the cast announcement yesterday, that's not much recuperation time. Age 49 for a hip replacement is young.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                        If you're not a sports fan, you don't know what it is about Mark Cuban that would make him a great contestant on this show, but the show's producers know. He will win a LOT of people over.
                        *Yawns*

He's nowhere as appealing as Wayne Newton, nor attractive as Jennie Garth or Jane Seymour for that matter.

And the only rich guy I idolize is Donald Trump (although I prefer daughter Ivanka Trump to try out for the show).

Comment

DWTS party at my house!
                          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                            [...]Sabrina's an early favorite for me. She's a Cheetah Girl and she'll get the teenybopper vote. I already see her getting far into the competition.
                            Forget the teenyboppers! That chick can daaaaaaaance!! Wowee wow wow wow! She got my tutu vote! Altho' she's more on the chunky side (not much, tho') she. can. move. Unreal. I can stop watching now!

Comment

Wait a minute. How many votes do I get in the first round? And must I split my votes between the women tonight and men tomorrow night?

Comment

Working...
                              X