Dancing with the Stars - Season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dancing with the Stars - Season 5

you got 6 votes tonite - but only til 1/2 hr after the show ended. I'm guessing we get 6 more votes tomorrow for the men. I agree that Cheetah Girl was very cute & full of energy - but, this is supposed to be ballroom dancing. A lot of my votes depend on what the judges say - not just because I happen to like a particular person or think they're cute. well, I also can't discount Maks & Tony's tight pants
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

They may have incorporated some hip-hop moves into their cha-cha-cha [latin american] dance, but the judges are okay with it.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
        [...]I agree that Cheetah Girl was very cute & full of energy - but, this is supposed to be ballroom dancing. A lot of my votes depend on what the judges say - not just because I happen to like a particular person or think they're cute. well, I also can't discount Maks & Tony's tight pants
        I understand that ballroom dancing on this show is supposed to be 'by the book'. That bores me! That's why I loved Sabrina. She gave a creative edge to the cha cha. Loved it. And like Random mentioned, so did the judges. I thought Mel did a really good job, too.

It appears super models don't make good dancers. Must be those long legs!

Comment

But the judges also scolded them for doing the hip hop moves and "suggested" they not do them again. Yes, the stars are all very competitive and will push the envelope. The whole point of the show is to show that they (anyone) can learn ballroom dancing, with all it's rules. Otherwise, what reason do we have for watching THIS particular show? If we just want to see dancing, we can watch the one on MTV.

Hey, I'm not criticizing anyones opinions or who they like on the show. I'm just giving my own opinion. and now, just like last year - I'll bow out of this discussion because I don't want to argue with any of you or offend anyone.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            It appears super models don't make good dancers. Must be those long legs!
            Josie just wasn't athletic to begin with. All that posing in front of the cameras makes her stiff like a mannequin.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
              But the judges also scolded them for doing the hip hop moves and "suggested" they not do them again.
              And yet for all their scolding they still give them (of the ladies) the highest score. Talk about hypocrites.

Comment

I don't see Cheryl going too far into the season. It's gonna be a cold, lonely winter.
                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                  I don't see Cheryl going too far into the season. It's gonna be a cold, lonely winter.
                  I agree. She didn't fare well in the partner department. I missed most of tonight's show but did see Cheryl and Wayne. <sigh!>

Comment

Sighs. My half-pinay is probably going to last one more round if Wayne can't condition himself, be more flexible with his hip, and improve his footwork.

Guess I'll have to make do with Julianne Houghs and Aussie's Kym Johnston for the rest of the season. Sighs.

I'm predicting Josie Maran as first celeb out.
                    Last edited by Random; September 26, 2007, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Ok, Cheryl's safe...I can stop watching about 10 minutes early tonight and get some stuff done

EDIT: I stuck around for the ending. what was that all about? Kinda awkward.
                      Last edited by Mike_Lowery; September 26, 2007, 07:59 PM.

flickr

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if, like Jerry Springer, Wayne Newton becomes the sweetheart of this season and lasts longer than someone younger with the same skill level.

At the risk of grandiose redundancy...they just don't come much cuter than Julianne Hough!

And, Savion Glover absolutely knocked me out...as usual!

Comment

EDIT: I stuck around for the ending. what was that all about? Kinda awkward.
                          I have absolutely no idea where host Tom is going with that line of questions.
                          Last edited by Random; September 26, 2007, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            At the risk of grandiose redundancy...they just don't come much cuter than Julianne Hough!
                            Um, Ashley Del Grosso is cuter.

Comment

I didn't want to watch since Cheryl Burke got axed, but @ Julianne Hough. I guess I'll keep watching.

JH+ML= hapa kids.

flickr

Comment

Ah, come on, Mike...you didn't, just this week, discover how incredibly cute Julianne is...didya?!

It's a more boring line up than last season but there was some really good dancing tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X