Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dancing with the Stars - Season 5

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Ah, come on, Mike...you didn't, just this week, discover how incredibly cute Julianne is...didya?!

It's a more boring line up than last season but there was some really good dancing tonight.
    I did. I felt like I was cheating on Cheryl if I looked at Julianne. Or Edyta. Or Kim.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

i rarely watch that show but there's no denying that the professional female dancers have the hottest bodies around; absolutely impressive! guess dancing is an excellent form of exercise
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Two surprises for me tonight...
        1. Mel was in the bottom 2
        2. Wayne Newton sounded terrible.

Eldest spawn, who has "connections", told me that the voting is almost totally fan (vs skill) based.

Comment

You know, "Dancing With the Stars" was always on when it was on in our house in seasons past. Our kids loved it as much as we did (or, at least, my wife did). But for whatever reason, it's completely off our radar this year. Is it the slate of dancers? Is it the basic premise that's lost our interest? I'm not sure.

A local guy blogs about "Dancing With the Stars" at Pulpconnection, and I keep up with what's going on peripherally through him.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
            You know, "Dancing With the Stars" was always on when it was on in our house in seasons past. Our kids loved it as much as we did (or, at least, my wife did). But for whatever reason, it's completely off our radar this year. Is it the slate of dancers? Is it the basic premise that's lost our interest? I'm not sure.
            For me, this season's list of celeb participants didn't wow me like before. I thought they're going to get Duchess Fergie. But as the show goes on, it is getting better. My problem is that it is on the same timeslot as How I Met Your Mother and the Big Bang Theory (I got Chuck on my VCR's programming).
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
              I did. I felt like I was cheating on Cheryl if I looked at Julianne. Or Edyta. Or Kim.
              If it's any consolation, I don't think Cheryl notice you. Better to love (or any other verb) them from afar.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                For me, this season's list of celeb participants didn't wow me like before. I thought they're going to get Duchess Fergie. But as the show goes on, it is getting better. My problem is that it is on the same timeslot as How I Met Your Mother and the Big Bang Theory (I got Chuck on my VCR's programming).
                Maybe you need to go back & watch again. Some of the celebrities this season are very good dancers. Sabrina & Helio come to mind........................

ps: what is "big bang theory" ??
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                  Maybe you need to go back & watch again. Some of the celebrities this season are very good dancers. Sabrina & Helio come to mind........................
                  Maybe you need to read my post again. I did state, "But as the show goes on, it is getting better."

I'm not young enough to know the Cheetah Girls (I'm more of a fan of the Bangles, the Go-Go Girls, and Destiny's Child). And of all the professional race car drivers I know, Helio is not on the top of my notable list.

Comment

I'm not a Cheetah Girl fan, or a NASCAR fan - but those 2 can dance. So can the others left on the show now. If you want to argue with everything anyone says to you, then feel free. It just makes you seem very unpleasant. I was simply responding to your post. Have a wonderful evening!
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                      I was simply responding to your post.
                      And I was simply responding to your statement...
                      Originally posted by anapuni808
                      Maybe you need to go back & watch again.
                      I have been watching it and NOW I noticed them. I did not noticed them BEFORE this season's show started.

Sorry if you find my clarification unpleasant.

Comment

That was quite an "ending" to Marie Osmond's samba tonight.

Comment

And here is the youtube of the incident.

Looks like she was out for at least 10 seconds before they cut away for a commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by titilejomi View Post
                            [...]Looks like she was out for at least 10 seconds before they cut away for a commercial.
                            I think it took that long for people to register that there was a problem. Initially I thought she was just being silly and I think I remember some giggles from the audience who probably thought the same thing. It wasn't until Len's expression turned to shock that I realized something was wrong.

Comment

My heart wen' hit da floor, when my childhood crush collapsed and did not get back up.

You know you make the big time (not in a good way) when NBC Today aired that same footage.

Looking back, something wasn't right when she was dancing the samba.

Comment

Well, what a great elimination ep! And a shocker at that too. I thought that Sabrina would outlast Jane and Marie but I guess I was wrong. Sad to see Mark leave....what a cutie! *sigh*
                                Lovena

Comment

Working...
                                X