Dancing with the Stars - Season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dancing with the Stars - Season 5

I'm stunned...I truly am. I thought the final 2 down the road would include Sabrina and Mel with Sabrina winning. Even the 2 hosts appeared caught off guard. Wowee wow wow wow.

Comment

Apparently, the Cheetah Girl didn't have a big fanbase.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        Apparently, the Cheetah Girl didn't have a big fanbase.
        That's probably the reason. Are fans of the Cheetah Girls the type to watch DWTS? I have no idea what the viewer demographics are. But, as I alluded to in a previous post, the voting is fan driven and not skill driven. That said, I'd not heard of the Cheetah Girls prior to DWTS.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Are fans of the Cheetah Girls the type to watch DWTS?
          They must have.

I wonder if airing the result show at 8pm is a good idea to begin with. I mean, the Monday's competition show airs at 7pm but the Tuesday's result show airs at 8pm where most of the tweens are getting ready for bed minutes before 9pm.

I also notice the result show ends past 9pm.

Comment

Is it just me or do any of you also see Jennie Garth's weekly discomfort in dancing with Derek Hough? It seems palpable to me.

Comment

Is it just me or do any of you also see Jennie Garth's weekly discomfort in dancing with Derek Hough? It seems palpable to me.
              I'm not sure if she's nervous dancing, or being interviewed after her performances. She looks shook as hell tho.
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                I'm not sure if she's nervous dancing, or being interviewed after her performances. She looks shook as hell tho.
                When the show does the pre-performance videos showing rehearsals there seems to be condescension on Jennie's part toward Derek. She seems disappointed in having him as a partner altho', clearly, he's brought her dancing a long way.

Tonight I think Marie was a shining star as was Mel. Actually, there was some really good dancing across the board.

Comment

I think that she's a perfectionist but lacks confidence in herself.
                  Lovena

Comment

Anybody got a last-minute prediction before the Results show airs tonight (11/06)?

I think Jane is out.

Comment

I enjoyed this ep only because of DanceCenter. Saw this last season I've been so looking forward to seeing it again. Tonight it was Kenny, Jerry Rice and Lenny. That Kenny is funny indeed.....and he looks just lovely in that color eyeshadow and eyebrow shape. I do think he could've used some eyeliner and he was a bit heavy on the blush!

I got to see Mel and Max dance their Paso Doble again. Tonight the bottom two weren't announced and I predicted correctly the couple that left tonight....
                      Lovena

Comment

Anybody got a last-minute prediction before the Results show airs tonight (11/06)?

I think Jane is out.
                        I hope it's not Marie. Her dad passed away last night and, well, I just have a very soft spot for daughters who lose their dads. So poignant that she dedicated her first dance to her parents last night...only hours before her dad died. She won't appear on tonight's show but, if she makes the cut tonight, I hope she continues.

Comment

I hope it's not Marie.
                          She's safe. Heard the sad news on Entertainment Tonight before the Results show.

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post
                            I enjoyed this ep only because of DanceCenter. Saw this last season I've been so looking forward to seeing it again. Tonight it was Kenny, Jerry Rice and Lenny. That Kenny is funny indeed.....and he looks just lovely in that color eyeshadow and eyebrow shape. I do think he could've used some eyeliner and he was a bit heavy on the blush! [...]
                            DanceCenter was a riot. Oh man, I thought Kenny's eye make-up was a result of my eyes playing tricks on me while sitting too close to my TV! It was real? Too funny! I don't remember DanceCenter last season, only Kimmel and Guillermo.
                            She's safe. Heard the sad news on Entertainment Tonight before the Results show.
                            Yup. At the start of the show, Tom Bergeron mentioned the patriarch's death and, straight up, announced Marie was safe.

Comment

DanceCenter was a riot. Oh man, I thought Kenny's eye make-up was a result of my eyes playing tricks on me while sitting too close to my TV! It was real? Too funny! I don't remember DanceCenter last season, only Kimmel and Guillermo.
                              I love Kenny! At first I thought I was seeing things too and then a closer look revealed his special look for the night.....heavy on the foundation too eh? Too funny as well was Kenny's look and response of "Fine" when Lenny told him that Sabrina was out! Ya know, I would love to see Jerry Springer on DanceCenter...

Yup. At the start of the show, Tom Bergeron mentioned the patriarch's death and, straight up, announced Marie was safe.
                              At the very end when Jane and Jennie were left and Tom B. announced that they weren't necessarily the bottom two, that's when I thought that Marie might have been the other contestant with the lowest scores...just a speculation....

It was nice that Marie did get a chance to tell her father that her performance was dedicated to him...
                              Last edited by EastCoastTropics; November 7, 2007, 12:28 AM.
                              Lovena

Comment

Julianne Hough wins this season. Paypal, anyone?
                                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X