"Bionic Woman" on NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Bionic Woman" on NBC

The pacing of tonight's episode of the Bionic Woman was too fast for an one hour episode, it would have been best to be a two part episode.

Anyway on the good side is the supporting cast and I think guest stars since a good number of them used to on Battlestar Galactia.

One thing that puzzles me is why the first Bionic Woman played by Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck from Battlestar Galactia), caused the crash that had Will (the doctor) and Jamie in a car. Was she trying to kill Will? Why let him survive? Why encounter Jamie later on?

Lot's of questions. Hopefully things will be answered in future episodes.

Re: "Bionic Woman" on NBC

While watching this, I just couldn't get the film Robocop out of my mind, with the whole "biorobotic government experiment gone awry" theme, topping it out with actor Miguel Ferrer who played an "OCP" exec' in Robocop, now doing an 'encore' roll as bionic boss Jonas Bledsoe in this series.

The fight on the rooftop between Sara "the first bionic woman" and Jaime towards the end of tonight's episode, while pretty cool, could have used way more (yes more!) over-the-top CGI-enhanced stunts and that "na-na-na-na-na" sound FX for added excitement. So far the cinematography is too dark and gloomy for my taste.

To note, Jaime's comment to her boyfriend (and surgeon who did "the job"), Will, when they had sex towards the ending saying, "That's not me", then he saying, "yes it is" suggests the story line may eventually involve "reproducing" HER technology. We'll see.

More discussion: NBC/Primetime/Bionic Woman/Pilot Episode.
    Last edited by Pomai; September 26, 2007, 11:12 PM.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I wasn't captivated like I was with Heroes, but I'll keep watching until I'm very bored. I thought the eye reticle special effect was cool

Comment

i tried watching as much bionic woman as i could but my other half demanded to see the Greys Anatomy spin off Private Practice which was at the same time. i kept flipping channels between commercials.

I am disappointed that there was no "na-na-na-na-na" sound effects.

Comment

Yep, I switched over to Private Practice too and found that it was much better - I wasn't even tempted to turn it back!
          Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
          My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

I was just thinking.... they should have done the 6 million dollar man first. If Max the bionic dog appears, I'm done!
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
              I was just thinking.... they should have done the 6 million dollar man first. If Max the bionic dog appears, I'm done!
              Bah 6 million dollars. Bionic Woman 2007's makeover cost 50 million according to that guy in the first episode, maybe you could buy a house in Kahala for 6 million.

Comment

The $50 million was for Jamie who was the second one, which had 2 legs, arm, eye and ear replaced. The first one Sarah had 2 legs, 2 arms and 1 eye for sure may have cost more than that. Beside who to say that first one done had to be a man, could be a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                  The $50 million was for Jamie who was the second one, which had 2 legs, arm, eye and ear replaced. The first one Sarah had 2 legs, 2 arms and 1 eye for sure may have cost more than that. Beside who to say that first one done had to be a man, could be a woman.
                  Well, since this new Bionic Woman show already has sexual overtones, they should've also thrown in a boob job, and made it OBVIOUS from Jaime's before and after shots.

Of course you'd also have to tack an additional $8,000 (approx. per pair) to that $50 million+ price tag for basic silicone. Make that $8 million more if the writers gave those boobs some kind of defensive weapon capability, such as making her chest bullet proof.

Or even better yet, the bullets that hit these "bionic breasts" would ricochet directly back at the assailant at 10 times the velocity and take them out. Kinda' like a "pumped up" wonder woman.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

<inner geek voice>

Jaime Summers vs Sarah Connor

discuss.

</inner geek voice>

pax

Comment

Re: &quot;Bionic Woman&quot; on NBC

So Will died from the gunshot from last week, unless of course his death was staged.

So Jonas' (Miguel Ferrer) group is private and not part of the government, I guess sooner or later we going to find out how they meet expenses. Or wait last week's and this week episodes hints that they make weapons, bionic enhanaced people as one weapon system and a chemical weapon as another.

Comment

I wonder who is the mastermind behind in getting Wil's dad out of prison?

Also it seems that this series' version of bionics tends to be grown instead of being a solid piece of machine.

Comment

I just watched a tape of this past Wednesday's episode. There was a brief shot of Jamie and Becca watching Hiro on Heroes on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                            I was just thinking.... they should have done the 6 million dollar man first.
                            Comic actor Jim Carrey is supposed to do a film version.
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                              Comic actor Jim Carrey is supposed to do a film version.
                              Does that mean the new guy will have a bionic face?

Comment

Working...
                              X