The Birds (1963)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Birds (1963)

Saw the movie The Birds on the cable channel TMAX (part of the Cinemax cable offerings) on Saturday night.

This movie is one of those works that I tend to run across while changing the channels and always running across it while it is on. Last night viewing was one of the rare (maybe the 2nd or 3rd) time that I have seen the movie from beginning to end.

Re: The Birds (1963)

Did you like it?

Comment

I saw it the first time at Pearl Harbor at an open-air theater, in the evening. and there were some birds flying around. Scared the s*** out of me. I still freak out when a bird flies too close!
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

It's a classic... love it. I don't know where I'd rank it in terms with other Alfred Hitchcock movies, but this one would probably be in my top 5.... Psycho being #1.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

This too is one of my all-time Hitchcock favorites, surpassed only by Psycho. There are so many memorable scenes in this movie, like the scene where the children are singing in the classroom and the black birds are gathering.

All of the Hitchcock movies I ever saw was on television, not on the big screen. But seeing them when I saw them, in the 60s and 70s, was quite a shock for me, and a revelation.

Comment

Speaking of that scene didn't it seem kind of strange that while the school might have been a one room type of school in a small town that all of the kids were roughly the same age range?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
              Speaking of that scene didn't it seem kind of strange that while the school might have been a one room type of school in a small town that all of the kids were roughly the same age range?
              They were all baby boomers?

Comment

Just take a walk under the trees at Longs on Bishop Street. One pigeon decided on drop one on me last week. That's scary to me.

Comment

Also noticed that the Rod Talyor's character family in Bodega Bay were rasing chickens but the chickens didn't join in the revolution against the humans, the worst they did was not to eat the food.

Comment

This movie will be playing at Ward Theater on Thursday October 2, 2014 at 7:00 pm.

Comment

Working...
                    X