Can they survive SNL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can they survive SNL?

This weekend saw SNL nailing the Teapublican debate with classic Tina Fey left's and right's to all the candidate's jaws, knockout blows everytime with only Pizza The Cain coming away still standing, and in fact endorsing his parody with the great "I'll deliver" line.
    With the latest tip being that Palin will not run, this leaves Christie as the only hope the R's have left for '12, and he'll be like bloody meat deep in the Amazon river for SNL hooks and barbs should he waddle into the race. Is SNL the best thing Dems have going for them this time? They sure helped throw a wet rag on Palin's hopes last time.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Can they survive SNL?

Humm, not sure what you just said, but I'll add that I have not thought SNL has been worth watching for years, but this new season has promise, I actually did a fair amount of laughing!
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Ditto Amati. This past Saturday's season premiere was funnier than any one episode from last season, and I'm a religious SNL viewer for a long time. Nice to see Nasim Pedrad move from featured player to regular not-ready-for-primetime castmember; I wish Vanessa Bayer had similarly been promoted.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
        Humm, not sure what you just said, but I'll add that I have not thought SNL has been worth watching for years, but this new season has promise, I actually did a fair amount of laughing!
        It's not about if SNL has been funny or not. It's now election time and cons are ripe for the pickins. SNL rises to the task every time lately, last time with Tina, this time with a good cast covering all the fools. Did you see Ron Paul? They buried him with just silence! Perry muffed it to sleep! Bachman... ha ha ha! Next week the ratings will be thru the roof. It's more than a year til the election, can they survive?! Maybe that's why they've been seeking Donald Chump's ass ring kiss blessings?

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          This past Saturday's season premiere was funnier than any one episode from last season,
          Election year makes for good comedy material for spoofing political candidates in SNL's opening skit.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            Election year makes for good comedy material for spoofing political candidates in SNL's opening skit.
            Comedy? Politics? There's a difference? Someone please explain this to me.
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

This is what shakespeare termed a Tempest in a Teapot. Much Adieu about nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by lensperson View Post
                This is what shakespeare termed a Tempest in a Teapot. Much Adieu about nothing.
                I didn't make adieu about it, but you don't find interest in watching a comedy show exert influence in a National election, and in a big way by possibly obliterating an entire partisan field of candidates. Shows like Jon Stewart have an impact on such issues, but not with the focused intensity as can SNL. They certainly killed Palin last time, and just this Monday tipped off that she won't be running in '12, did she see the writing on the wall the previous Saturday night, and want no part of it again?
                Last edited by Ron Whitfield; September 28, 2011, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Doesn't adieu mean farewell?
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Adieun't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                      Adieun't know.
                      You may not, but Ado.

Comment

Saturday night live always came across to me as somewhat mean spirited. I much preferred Second City Television with the more nuanced skits shown there. Most of them were filmed in Edmonton Alberta....Brrrrr...

Comment

There was a difference as you note, but it's that push-the-envelope edge that drove SNL to mega-classic status and why they struggle when not breaking ground, hard to do all the time. SCT survived well because of consistantly good writing/acting talent, while SNL fluctuates even with their best, waiting for the home run. And last week was one.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/perry-once-def...070535630.html

Will he be whistling Dixie?

Comment

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...imbaugh-298314

Can some of this year's hosts such as Lindsay Lohan, Jonah Hill, and Charles Barkley survive SNL when they were obviously reading cue cards during skits?

Comment

Working...
                              X