What's going on at KKEA 1420?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on at KKEA 1420?

Heard that the station will not be sending Don Robbs to broadcast this weekend's UH baseball series against New Mexico St. Instead, KKEA will be using NMSU radio/TV audio feeds. This is the first time in recent memory that I can remember Don Robbs not being sent over to cover Rainbow baseball on the road. Is KKEA in some kind of financial pinch?
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Re: What's going on at KKEA 1420?

did I hear something about not being able to broadcast on radio?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      This is the first time in recent memory that I can remember Don Robbs not being sent over to cover Rainbow baseball on the road.
      Why don't they pay homage to Les Keiter by doing recreations of those games?

Comment

I heard Don Robbs say that this is only the second game (or was it trip?) that he will not broadcast. The first time was for a medical reason. Robbs mentioned that KKEA is simply cutting costs. He sounded like a good company man by saying he understood why it's occurring, but that they would be traveling to broadcast the Fresno series. I could understand too that their advertising revenues must be shrinking big time.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller555 View Post
          I heard Don Robbs say that this is only the second game (or was it trip?) that he will not broadcast. The first time was for a medical reason. Robbs mentioned that KKEA is simply cutting costs. He sounded like a good company man by saying he understood why it's occurring, but that they would be traveling to broadcast the Fresno series. I could understand too that their advertising revenues must be shrinking big time.
          It's too bad that the station is running into this problem now, as this year's UH baseball team is the best since Mike Trapasso took over as head coach. With Hawaii being the site of the conference tournament, I really think the Bows are on their way to finally winning their first WAC title in 17 years.

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          Why don't they pay homage to Les Keiter by doing recreations of those games?
          LOL! Les Keiter was doing his recreations in the days before you had the internet, online radio feeds, and live stats. But beyond that, I don't think KKEA has the facilities and the equipment to pull it off. You would need to have all the appropriate sound effects. It's just not something that can be slapped together really quickly. (If anybody here is an expert on the matter, it would be Craig Watanabe.)

Frankly speaking, if Don Robbs and KKEA can't execute a convincing radio recreation, I would rather they not do it at all. I don't want my warm and fuzzy memories of Les Keiter's magic carpet ride to Tucson's Hi Corbett Field and Tacoma's Cheney Stadium to be ruined by some latter day half-*ssed attempt.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I suspicious that the same two buggahs win their trip to Vegas trivial contest.

Comment

Working...
            X