Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

This movie was a big surprise. I loved it! It was a very funny parody of dramas like Ray, without going over the top. John C Reilly proved to me that he can be a star on his own. Although the graphic nudity(a man's penis), drug use and language is present,(it's not for kids) it fits the story well. A must see

Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

Watched it this weekend. Loved it! I cracked up! I am becoming a big Judd Apatow fan. I thought Superbad was great too.

Comment

I was sure it would be something might like, i am going to go rent it this weekend, thanks for the convincing!
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

This was my first Blu-Ray purchase.
        Burl Burlingame
        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

The movie was a pleasant surprise. Much of it treaded obvious and expected territory (Yellow Submarine parody for instance), but I didn't realize how funny it would be to see the Beatles being portrayed by people who are nothing like their real-life counterparts. Casting Jack Black as Paul McCartney may be a misstep, but as I soon realized, that was the whole point.

And it's been a good year for Bob Dylan impersonators, with Cate Blanchett and John Reilly up for best Dylan impressions ever.

Tim Meadows was absolute gold too.
          ---
          Gene

"A man can surely do what he wills to do, but cannot determine what he wills." - Schopenhauer

Comment

I went to the premiere showing at Ward and was expecting a so-so movie. I was really surprised how funny it was and how much I enjoyed it.

Judd Apatow is defintely the king of Hollywood comedy at the moment.
            Eating my way through restaurants at http://www.nomnomfoodie.com

Growing a local Hawaii food blogger community at http://www.hawaiifoodbloggers.com

Comment

Working...
            X