Bob Sevey - KGMB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Sevey - KGMB

He retired in 1986. Moved to Washington state.

He passed in 2009, after a battle with cancer for 2 years.

I had this question for a long time back then. So I'll ask today since it popped back into my mind.

Why did Bob Sevey left Hawaii? The easy answer is - so what, his personal decision, like the weather, change of pace, cheaper housing, etc.

At the time, I can't imagine anyone, especially him would leave Hawaii. He was part of Hawaii. Well respected, and I think could have offered a lot for the future generations in terms of broadcasting and journalism. He had money. I'm sure he would still be "working" somewhat to be active.

So why did he leave Hawaii? Was there signs he was "ill?" Maybe better doctors on the mainland? Maybe he didn't want people to see him "get old?"

Or am I reading too much of it.

What do you guys know, remember, or heard?

Re: Bob Sevey - KGMB

Mahalo for posting that picture of the Ohana!

I fondly remember the KGMB news when Bob Sevey, Tim Tindall, Bob Jones occupied the anchor desk and Joe Moore did sports. Bob did seem like a fixture in the islands and it would have seemed logical that he would make Hawaii his home. My guess is that most of his family lived on the mainland and spending time with them was important in his later years.

I grew up on Oahu and lived there for 18 years before finally settling in California. My folks still live on the islands and I see them as much as possible. When they are gone, I’ll lose my final tie to Hawaii. I hope to one day retire there (or live part-time), but that’s still a few years off.

Comment

It might be that some public figures don't want to be kinda recognized and being asked "Hey, you look familiar."

Comment

http://archives.midweek.com/content/..._to_bob_sevey/

Comment

I read that once long time ago. Thanks for posting it up again. Good reading.

Comment

Working...
          X