Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toddler thrown onto freeway

Child's death shuts H-1 from Kapiolani
    Police have shut down the H-1 Freeway westbound from the Vineyard off-ramp and are redirecting traffic to investigate the death of an infant on the freeway. Police are investigating reports that a man threw a 2 1/2-year-old boy child off a pedestrian walkway in the area. The pedestrian overpass is also closed. A suspect has been taken into custody. Witnesses at the scene of the arrest, on Prospect Street, said the suspect appeared to be in his 20s, and was wearing medical scrubs, with the pants cut off as shorts.
    Similar breaking news item at KITV and KGMB (though they say it was a one-year-old and that he "somehow fell"). Not much at KHON. So far, nothing at all at the Star-Bulletin.

Re: Toddler thrown onto freeway

absolutely disgusting! incredibly sad...
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

My heart weeps for that poor little baby.

My boss and several people in the office are all stuck in traffic in various parts of town right now. My boss heard about the news from an announcement on the radio. Even the DJ sounded shaken up, she said.
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Star-Bulletin checks in with a brief. KITV updates their online article to note that their camera crews saw the suspect being taken in, and mouthing off. My boss on the East Coast, meanwhile, reminds me that it was only a week ago that a man threw four children to their deaths from a bridge in Alabama.

Comment

What is wrong with these people? How did they get to be so broken?

Comment

Sick, I tell ya...SICK.

I was on the phone with a talent agent who kept putting me on hold because her models were calling in, stuck in traffic and unable to be on time for a (non-tutusue!) audition. Agent told me there was a terrible accident somewhere that was holding up traffic. Thanks to HT I was able to call her back with an update. She burst into tears when I told her the circumstances.

ETA: I bet, had I been sitting in my dentist's chair at the time, I would've witnessed the tragedy. <shudder>
            Last edited by tutusue; January 17, 2008, 01:33 PM.

Comment

A chilling paragraph added by KITV with its last update: "Police said they are not sure where the infant came from, and they are checking local day care facilities in the area to see if anyone is missing a child."

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                What is wrong with these people? How did they get to be so broken?
                Seriously....
                http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                  A chilling paragraph added by KITV with its last update: "Police said they are not sure where the infant came from, and they are checking local day care facilities in the area to see if anyone is missing a child."
                  My BF has a 2 1/2 year old son, and because his ex-wife and son live in the vicinity, after reading this I just had to make sure the boy is okay.

Thankfully he is, and he's safe with his grandma.
                  Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                  We're not here to mess around
                  Boston, you know we love you madly
                  Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                  Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                  You know we couldn't live without you
                  Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

And I thought I heard everything. That is incredibly horrific

Comment

I posted this on the clogged freeway thread, but:

My husband was on theBus from Hawaii Kai and I called him to ask where he was; he was miffed because the driver had changed the route, without telling the riders, but when I told him what happened, he understood why the route was changed. He asked me to hug the girls tight tonight.

What a horrible thing to do. And last night's brutal fatal beating in Kailua?
                      Call me cold and heartless, but if you consider killing someone, why not just do yourself in instead? I just don't get it.

And now we learn that this child might not have even belonged to the man who threw him? that they are taking head counts at area child care facilities? I thought this person was young to be a dad. totally tragic. My heart aches.
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Why?! Why would someone do this?
                        F*&%!

Comment

I feel sick.

Comment

A sad situation indeed.

Just a note to anyone who peeks at the C&C traffic cams before heading home -- they're not showing the latest images. I just got back to Kaimuki from Downtown and the westbound lanes of the freeway through Prospect are still a parking lot.
                            "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

I heard this on the radio coming home from Costco around noonish, but all they said was there was an infant fatality and that H-1 westbound at Vineyard was closed, including the pedestrian bridge. I felt kinda sick and I lost my appetite.

I turned on the TV around 2pm where they newsguy had just started talking about it and they showed the suspect who yelled something in the camera. My first thought was he was like an escapee from a mental hospital, but uh, well, yeah...

Here's the video.

Comment

Working...
                              X