oceanic tv remote adjust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oceanic tv remote adjust

How can the color contrast and similar adjustments be made via the hand remote control?
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: oceanic tv remote adjust

shouldn't those kinds of adjustments be made right on your TV not the cable? The Oceanic remote only controls what is transmitted through the cable, not your TV. at least I think so...........
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

The digital cable service from Oceanic Cable has remote control that can control the cable box but it can also can handle the TV, DVD, the audio system and an additional device.

So far with my TV being known to the remote control I can turn on and off the TV, mute the TV, change the source of the signal, and have it display the info page of the TV.

Comment

yeah, mine would do that too but it wouldn't adjust color etc. on my tv. only the TV remote would do that.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

So, how is it done, what button is it?

Comment

I tried various things last night and I didn't find any option to adjust the color and I didn't say I found it, all the options I found I listed in my response.

The only thing new I found out last night was I have a choice of where the TV source signal can come from.

In any event the model of the Oceanic remote control I have is an Atlas DVR 1055 because I do know Oceanic does give out have different models.

Comment

Ron - if you were asking me: My Sony remote only works on a Sony TV. If you have another brand of TV, say a Toshiba -then your remote is going to be different. You should check out your TV manual to learn how to do it. I know that I just used the factory settings for mine when I got it 3 years ago and have never needed to change anything. Your tv is different than mine though I'm sure. It depends on the brand of TV that we have and has nothing to do with cable/satellite.
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

On your TV remote there should be a "Setup" or "Menu" button or something similar along those lines.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Went thru the menu and there's nothing for adjusting the color and such. But thanx for the input.

Comment

Ron - what brand is your TV? how old is your TV? are you looking at the remote that came with your TV or the one that came from Oceanic?

and do you have the instruction manual for your TV?
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                      Ron - what brand is your TV? how old is your TV? are you looking at the remote that came with your TV or the one that came from Oceanic, and do you have the instruction manual for your TV?
                      Decade + old Magnavox Smart Series, no manual, only the Oceanic remote.
                      I found this http://www.ehow.com/how_7699578_acce...-magnavox.html but the vol. buttons don't give a menu.

Comment

well then, as far as I know - you are pretty much SOL on making adjustments from the Oceanic remote. but there are many wiser minds than mind on HT who can give you more advice. Or, you could just call Oceanic and ask them? also, you should have manual adjustments on the tv itself that should help I would think.
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Its been awhile since I have done this but what you need to do is to consult the manual that came with the remote control from Oceanic. There are table of codes that allow you to set the remote control to support the device in question.

You can try this web link from Oceanic to see which remote control you have and the manual that goes with it:

http://www.oceanic.com/help/digital/remote

Comment

or, and I know this is a really radical concept.............but you could just pick up the phone, call Oceanic and just ask them how to do it.

there should also be some sort of control panel on the front of your TV, maybe behind a little door, that will alow you to push or turn buttons to make adjustments to your tv. Have you tried that method? I remember on my older tv's, thats what I had to do.
                            Last edited by anapuni808; March 20, 2012, 10:30 PM.
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Stop making this easy, would you?!

Comment

Working...
                              X