• Netflix: what's on your queue?

Well?

Right now my 5:

Death Sentence
    Army of Darkness
    Donnie Darko
    Entourage Season 1

Re: Netflix: what's on your queue?

Love Netflix. And Netflix streaming, via Roku. You can be my friend here. Or actually "our" friend, since my wife and I share a queue.

Up next:
    The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
    Lady Vengeance
    Vicky Cristina Barcelona
    The Wages of Fear
    Bride and Prejudice

Comment

PZ - you will LOVE the Three Burials!!!!! It's the best Tommy Lee Jones film I've ever seen.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

The Pineapple Express
        Changeling (the one with Angelina Jolie)
        Wall-E
        Children of Men
        Dark City

Comment

Top 3 in the queue:
          1 Curious Case of Benjamin Button
          2 Hannah Montana: Keeping It Real - Uh, that's not my pick.
          3 Breaking Bad Season 1 - Am currently watching S2 on AMC and it's amazing, so decided to go back and rehash the first season. More than amazing, actually. Astounding. Anyone who loved HBO series like The Wire, Deadwood, Rome, etc. should watch this show.

Also, just watched Slumdog Millionaire from netflix last night. That is a really great movie. Didn't think it would live up to the hype, but it did.

Comment

How many items are normally in your Netflix queue?

Right now mine has 52, but it's unusually high because I just queued all 4 seasons of Enterprise. Without those, it'd have about 30 items, and that's pretty normal for me. Of course, I'm always fussing with it -- adding stuff, removing stuff, reordering it, etc.

Those 52 items don't even include all the Saved DVDs I have at the bottom. There are 10 items there, but some of them are movies that haven't even come out in the theaters yet.
            Last edited by zff; May 29, 2009, 06:09 PM.

Comment

On my Q:

Season 1 of Doogie Howser, M.D.
              Season 2 of Las Vegas
              Body of Lies

We really just rent TV shows off Netflix and rent movies from the Redbox across the street. They're only $1. That way, we can pick what we feel like watching that night instead of having movies we aren't in the mood for and end up sending back without ever watching. I ended up keeping Syriana for a year and a half because I was never in the mood to watch it. And yes, I sent it back without seeing it. That's when J laid down the law and said we were only allowed to keep movies for a week.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I rejoined Netflix after a couple of years to find they saved my queue and sallied forth with the next one on the list! Pretty cool. DH has been loving the on demand movies, and my next 5 are:

Freedom Writers
                Akeelah and the Bee
                Meet Me in St Louis
                Cabin in the Sky
                Kiss Me Kate

That reminds me....time to rearrange!

Comment

Love Netflix and my movie taste is diverse ranging from movies that I missed or passed on but still wanna see.....

Currently I have

"The Final Conflict" (aka OMEN III)
                  "House of Saddam" (disc 1)
                  "The Whitest Kids U Ever Know" (Season1, Disc 1)

On the Top of My Queue at the moment
                  "Gran Torino"
                  "Fanboys" (on long ass wait status)

btw, if ya wanna be my friend heres mines

http://www.netflix.com/BeMyFriend/PGO0XXqmDBhhIV61fk4g

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
                    How many items are normally in your Netflix queue?

Right now mine has 52, but it's unusually high because I just queued all 4 seasons of Enterprise. Without those, it'd have about 30 items, and that's pretty normal for me. Of course, I'm always fussing with it -- adding stuff, removing stuff, reordering it, etc.

Those 52 items don't even include all the Saved DVDs I have at the bottom. There are 10 items there, but some of them are movies that haven't even come out in the theaters yet.
                    Hey Zff, you're all over on forums huh lol

Comment

Actually, I have Blockbuster Online. I have the cheapest plan: $3.99, two per month, one at a time. I noticed the cheapest plan with Netflix is $4.99/mo.

Just curious, why everyone is signed up with Netflix? I guess that should be another thread, tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                        Just curious, why everyone is signed up with Netflix?
                        Personally because I hate Blockbuster and refuse to give them my business. They've run all the better video stores in our area out of business and if you want to rent movies, you HAVE to go there. And they don't have any older movies, just the same recycled crap. Maybe not all of the stores are like this, but the ones by us are.

Also, I personally think Netflix has a better selection. And we found out about their service first.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                          Actually, I have Blockbuster Online. I have the cheapest plan: $3.99, two per month, one at a time. I noticed the cheapest plan with Netflix is $4.99/mo.

Just curious, why everyone is signed up with Netflix? I guess that should be another thread, tho.
                          I'm signed up because I can have 3 out at a time for $18 a month. But - I can watch as many movies I want a month on this same plan. That means, if I want to watch a new movie every day, as long as I have no more than 3 at a time out, I can. Plus, I can watch many more online for free.

and that's why I've been a Netflix customer since they started.
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I've tried both. Netflix has a much broader range of movie and video selections (and they are available,) and Netflix is always proactive when it comes to dealing with customer service and providing new services. It seems Blockbuster is always running to catch up with what customers want, and try to replace availability with lower prices. I was with Netflix for several years, tried Blockbuster, took a break while relocating and now back to my queue! (They saved it, too!)

Just returned Moloka'i: The Father Damien Story. We learned much from that film; very interesting and sweet story. Now I understand the pending sainthood.

Next five (well, I messed around with the queue last time I listed it here

Night at the Museum
                            The Librarian: Quest for the Spear
                            The Freedom Writers
                            Pirates Who Don't Do Anything
                            Akeela and the Bee

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                              Just returned Moloka'i: The Father Damien Story. We learned much from that film; very interesting and sweet story. Now I understand the pending sainthood.
                              Oooh, I'm gonna have to get that one. I've always been interested in Moloka'i. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                              X