Aloha From Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha From Las Vegas

I am so very happy to have found this forum! I've been restless and obsessed about moving to Oahu for the past several months, especially today. I've spent hours upon hours looking at jobs and condos there.

I live in Las Vegas, which is very "cool", but I find myself feeling restless and bored after living here for almost 11 years. (yep, people really do live here, lol)

I don't gamble, and there's no WATER here! I want to go sailing on my days off! I want to walk on the beach, and be out of this crazy town! I want to shed this place of pretension...and live a more "real" life....

Re: Aloha From Las Vegas

Aloha Hope...

Funny thing... you find a lot of people in the islands who end up moving to Vegas

Welcome to HT.

And maybe we can use you for Vegas advice
    Last edited by damontucker; August 23, 2006, 08:10 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Thank you for the welcome, Manoasurfer

I'm originally from Detroit, but moved to Arizona in '88, then up here to Las Vegas almost 11 years ago. So, I've spent the last 19 years in the desert.

It's so hot here tonight, the chickens are layin' hard boiled eggs! I'm dreaming of the beautiful ocean breezes! I was there in Hawaii last September, and haven't gotten it off my mind since!

I'd be more than happy to be the "Vegas connection" here, lol. Fire away with the questions

Comment

I'm not on the welcoming commitee, I am in Oregon.

But Hey! How's it going?

I've got one year before I move...I am counting the days...literally!
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by Hope
          Thank you for the welcome, Manoasurfer

I'm originally from Detroit, but moved to Arizona in '88, then up here to Las Vegas almost 11 years ago. So, I've spent the last 19 years in the desert.

It's so hot here tonight, the chickens are layin' hard boiled eggs! I'm dreaming of the beautiful ocean breezes! I was there in Hawaii last September, and haven't gotten it off my mind since!

I'd be more than happy to be the "Vegas connection" here, lol. Fire away with the questions
          So what is there.... besides employment, cost of living...etc.. that is making so many people from the islands move there from your perspective...and why do you want to move here?

Comment

Pleased to meet you, Blue! I can't wait to leave here, either! Are you moving to Hawaii, too?

manoasurfer, yes, we have a huge influx of folks moving from Hawaii to Las Vegas all the time. The reason being, they are looking for the same opportunities, job and housing, in particular, that I sought when I moved here. I guess you can get a lot more for your money here than you can in Hawaii, especially in the housing area.

I have a beautiful condo on the "good" side of town...filled with waaaay too much "stuff", and I can't wait to unload it all! I want to move there to live a much simpler and "real" kind of life. Not to mention, exploring and enjoying the beauty of what I've read to be "the most beautiful place on earth". "Nuff said", lol.

The attitude here in Las Vegas is a bit much to bear! It's quite pretentious, and phoney here. Making "real" friends is almost impossible. In all the years I've been here, I can call....maybe...two people my "real" friends. Most have an agenda to become your "friend", sad, but true.

I have done many favors for people here...because they were "friends"....what a rude awakening when they used me, and stabbed me in the back! Now, I prefer that folks don't even know where I LIVE! Sad, ain't it?

On a more positive note...I'll have a pretty good start in Hawaii, when I sell this place...my biggest anxiety is a job...and what kind of salaries are there as opposed to here....

Comment

Pleased to meet you, Blue! I can't wait to leave here, either! Are you moving to Hawaii, too?
              Yes, in one year.....maybe 14 months but selling the house in exactly one year! Moving to O'ahu. I have the urge...you are lucky to be moving so quickly. I am sure you have planned though!

Comment

Nope, I haven't planned a thing, yet! I'm currently just doing the research on jobs, the biggest anxiety I have. Condos in Vegas sell FAST, the last one in my complex sold in just 22 days! So, I haven't listed it yet, I may find myself in a Vegas hotel if I did! lol!

Anyhow, I just quit my most recent job, so I have a lot of time on my hands...to contemplate the move. I have no baggage...just all this..."stuff" to get rid of...lol

Comment

Well, it sounds like fun!

I would jump in both eyes open if I didn't have 3 kids!
                  Makes the process slower.....Much slower...

At least you have a place to sell and money to work with!

I am thankful for that on my end too.

Comment

I'm quite excited...and anxious about it! After all, I'll be going (initially) by myself...maybe some family would later follow (son, brother...). If not, they're always welcome to visit, heehee.

Frankly, I don't know where to start the process...other than just what I've been doing, since I don't know a soul in Hawaii...

Comment

Welcome to HawaiiThreads, Hope.

The way I see things now is.....

Once there is Hope, soon after, Serenity follows .

Aloha. (I didn't mean that in a literal sense).

Welcome to HT again.

P.S. My hubby & I have been to Las Vegas many times, & we really like vacationing there. We hope to visit LVNV again, once all this crazy commotions (in regards to the airport laws etc.) dies down in the future.

Aloha.
                      Aches & Pains
                      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Hello, Serenity My move to Hawaii is so that Serenity does follow. Three of my family members have passed away in the last three years....and I've done some very serious thinking.

This life is not a "trial run", but the real thing...you take nothing with you but the memories , the rest is just "matter". I'm ready to shed all the "stuff", and meet real friends...maybe even a new man. That would be even beyond my wildest expectations....to meet the true "love of my life"....but I know it's possible.

Comment

Well good luck on your endeavors....

I hope your financially able to do what you want.

Hawaii is not a place to move with out the right resources.

And I think theres enough men here on HT alone to keep you content for awhile.

Comment

I won't be coming there without money, when the California influx hit Las Vegas hard a few years back...my condo more than doubled in value. For this, I am overwhelmingly grateful. It should give me a decent start.

Now, where are all these wonderful men? I'd sure like to meet one...the men here in Las Vegas barely even talk to me. Not kidding! I haven't dated in a YEAR now! Sniff, sniff....

Comment

I won't be coming there without money, when the California influx hit Las Vegas hard a few years back...my condo more than doubled in value. For this, I am overwhelmingly grateful. It should give me a decent start.

Now, where are all these wonderful men? I'd sure like to meet one...the men here in Las Vegas barely even talk to me. Not kidding! I haven't dated in a YEAR now! Sniff, sniff....
                              Keep posting they will come...

trust me...men are desperate!

Comment

Working...
                              X