Traitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traitor

When straight arrow FBI agent Roy Clayton (Pearce) heads up the investigation into a dangerous international conspiracy, all clues seem to lead back to former U.S. Special Operations officer, Samir Horn (Cheadle).

good movie; well acted but definitely not a "feel good" movie with a neat, happy ending. not surprising since the movie takes a serious look at the issue of terrorism; there are no easy, simple answers/solutions.

i watched it mainly cuz of cheadle who does a very good job.
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: Traitor

It's good to read that someone else liked it. I really liked it, but I thought that might have been because I had seen Babylon A.D. the day before, and anything looks like a masterpiece after that.

*** SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT ***

The thing that really stuck with me after seeing Traitor is the chilling, unconditional conviction of the terrorists. The suicide bombers lived in the US for years, going to school, working great jobs, getting married, having kids, raising families... living perfectly acceptable versions of The American Dream. Yet, when they get the call, they unwaveringly fulfill their missions.

It's hard to believe that it could go down that way -- that there could be that large and diverse a group of people who can live our lives -- good lives -- and still want to destroy their neighbors. It almost seems like the writers took some liberties there, but I realize we should never underestimate our enemy. It was.... I don't know.... disturbing.
    Last edited by zff; September 6, 2008, 05:03 PM.

Comment

I saw Traitor today at Ward with Albert.

To me it was an interesting movie, even though some parts had to make you wonder.

For the people who were carrying the bombs, they like Samir were serving God not country. It's just that Samir had a better way of telling when something was or was not serving God.

Comment

zff, that was pretty funny (what you wrote about babylon a.d.)! you did read the article about the director saying how disgusted he was with the final result, right? he basically blamed the studio and the editor(s) for butchering his project. i don't know if it was the right thing to do but i give him credit for speaking up and distancing himself from what he had hoped to create. familiar theme with artists....

anyway, regarding traitor, for many years, i've been interested in the subject of faith and i find it fairly easy to believe that some people are true believers and will do things which would shock most.

i sincerely hope i'm not coming across like i think i know best (which is a ridiculous idea) but one great advantage of having traveled and lived abroad is the different perspective one gets of one's home country. no doubt, one can read about what the u.s. has done to other countries but it's another thing to talk to people who feel that the u.s. has made things worse for their country, for their families.

back to the movie, living among americans would not necessarily change their point of view. it could easily make their resolve that much stronger since they would be witness to the perceived atrocities of the u.s. (and its policies) via tv, the net, print, while living in enemy territory.

anyway, i would like to hope for world peace but it appears that my 4 year old daughter is going to grow up in a world that is far less safe than the one i grew up in...
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I didn't much like this movie but, yes, it was well done and the actors especially did a fine job.

Comment

Working...
          X