Coconut milk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut milk

With so many coconut palms all over the place i should be making my own coconut milk but i never have time...or just plain lazy ... would rather be in the ocean..... so i have to use canned.
    I got some really horrible stuff the other day..tasted terrible.
    when you use canned coconut milk...what brand you like ????

mahalo

Re: Coconut milk

Originally posted by OnoLoa View Post
    With so many coconut palms all over the place i should be making my own coconut milk but i never have time...or just plain lazy ... would rather be in the ocean..... so i have to use canned.
    I got some really horrible stuff the other day..tasted terrible.
    when you use canned coconut milk...what brand you like ????

mahalo
    Look for any cans of coconut milk or cream packed in Thailand (usually on sale for <$1.00/can at places like 99 Ranch Store or Marukai or even some of the local supermarkets like Foodland). I use those all the time. But don't use the "Lite" stuff. And the coconut cream is better to use because it is thicker.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I've used the Family Brand, a couple Thai brands (probably the same ones Miulang is talking about), and Hawaiian Sun a couple times. But the frozen Hawaiian Sun coconut milke--bleh.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Mendonca's in the freezer section. No other will do.

pax

Comment

Aloha,
          The trick to buying coconut milk is to look at the ingredients. Make sure it says coconut milk and NOT coconut extract. If you get the one made from extract, going taste funky like suntan lotion.

Comment

Working...
          X