View Poll Results: Who do you think "won" the Aug. 31 Akaka/Case debate?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an Akaka supporter, and I think Akaka won.

    3 15.00%
  • I'm undecided, and I think Akaka won.

    5 25.00%
  • I'm a Case supporter, but I think Akaka won.

    0 0%
  • I'm an Akaka supporter, but I think Case won.

    2 10.00%
  • I'm undecided, but I think Case won.

    6 30.00%
  • I'm a Case supporter, and I think Case won.

    4 20.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 101 to 111 of 111

Thread: Akaka vs. Case Debate: Live Thread

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,928

    Default Re: Akaka vs. Case Debate: Live Thread

    Now I know why I give out fake email addresses...

    I hate political messages and I would definately become offended by a politician I supported me spamming me.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Posts
    9,518

    Default Re: Akaka vs. Case Debate: Live Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Adri
    Just got an email from Case's campaign stating:



    Hmmm, I wonder to what extent the e-begging (on either side) is influencing the polls?
    I got that email too. Which is why I checked the sites and decided not to participate. It's childish when adults start to play games "begging" for supporters to take part in a Poll. "Put your Votes in cause our Candidate was leading but the other guy's people are beating us by calling in their votes!" Ssshhhhh!

    Politics!!!

    Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,928

    Default Re: Akaka vs. Case Debate: Live Thread

    was this email you guys authentically endorsed by Case...

    might be an under cover smear... I don't think Cases direct office needs this kind of attention...

    they won the debate obviously...no need flood polls that have no meaning.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Posts
    9,518

    Default Re: Akaka vs. Case Debate: Live Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by manoasurfer123
    Now I know why I give out fake email addresses...

    I hate political messages and I would definately become offended by a politician I supported me spamming me.
    Quote Originally Posted by manoasurfer123
    was this email you guys authentically endorsed by Case...

    might be an under cover smear... I don't think Cases direct office needs this kind of attention...

    they won the debate obviously...no need flood polls that have no meaning.
    Manoa, The candidates whom send out emails to their suppoters do not spam them. Their supporters can stop recieving the emails at anytime at the click of a button. It is the supporter who asks to be on the list to recieve information about the candidate.

    Don't assume anything if you have no idea what you are talking about.

    Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; September 1st, 2006 at 08:10 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

  5. #105

    Default Re: Akaka vs. Case Debate: Live Thread

    Auntie, I didn't ask to be on Case's list but he agreed to speak at a function when he was running for governor and thus his office got my email address at that time. But to be fair, I didn't ask to be removed from his list once I started getting the emails because I didn't mind getting information about the candidates for that race and then I got lazy and just didn't bother asking to be removed after the race was pau. But I am pretty sure this is an authentic email from Case's campaign. For one, it's not an address I use widely and it contains a soliciation for volunteers and contributions for Case's campaign. I doubt a smearer would include that info just in case someone does decide to add support to Case's campaign.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Posts
    9,518

    Default Re: Akaka vs. Case Debate: Live Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Adri
    Auntie, I didn't ask to be on Case's list but he agreed to speak at a function when he was running for governor and thus his office got my email address at that time. But to be fair, I didn't ask to be removed from his list once I started getting the emails because I didn't mind getting information about the candidates for that race and then I got lazy and just didn't bother asking to be removed after the race was pau. But I am pretty sure this is an authentic email from Case's campaign. For one, it's not an address I use widely and it contains a soliciation for volunteers and contributions for Case's campaign. I doubt a smearer would include that info just in case someone does decide to add support to Case's campaign.
    Unfortunately it is authentic. I am very upset about this tonight and I will let my feeling be known...like they would care. I am just one. However, to me this kind of Politics shows no class. The Media showed Ed was stronger in the Debate and favored better by the people. Why even bother with Online Polls which can not be accurate as Mel explianed in his post. Whoever coordinated the emails to be sent out to the supporters on the Candidate's behalf deserves whack whacks! Shame!

    Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Mō‘ili‘ili
    Posts
    2,456

    Cool Re: Akaka vs. Case Debate: Live Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Adri
    Hmmm, I wonder to what extent the e-begging (on either side) is influencing the polls?
    I guess I shouldn’t be shocked that I received this same email. Those Case guys must be desperately spamming it up. To their detriment, apparently. At last check, Akaka is now leading in the same poll (though ever so slightly):

    KITV website at 9:05 p.m. ... Who do you think did better in the U.S. Senate debate?

    Sen. Daniel Akaka 3201 votes 49%
    Rep. Ed Case 3172 votes 49%
    It was a tie. 116 votes 2%

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii USA
    Posts
    5,246

    Default Re: Akaka vs. Case Debate: Live Thread

    For those of you who missed the "debate" and for those who want to see a couple of highlights, someone (not me) posted the following video on YouTube.com:

    KGMB TV News Coverage Akaka-Case

    There's about 2 to 3 minutes of actual footage from the KHET studio, before and after clips and commentary from Dan Boylon. In all a little more than 7 minutes worth of footage.
    Last edited by mel; September 4th, 2006 at 03:53 AM.
    I'm still here. Are you?

  9. #109
    kamuelakea Guest

    Default Re: Akaka vs. Case Debate: Live Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 1stwahine
    Unfortunately it is authentic. I am very upset about this tonight and I will let my feeling be known...like they would care. I am just one. However, to me this kind of Politics shows no class. The Media showed Ed was stronger in the Debate and favored better by the people. Auntie Lynn
    Auntie,

    Ed Case should have cried. Would have been an easy win. If he doens't cry on camera this week, I don't think a conservative Haole democrat can win what has always been a Plantation Asian seat.

    We shall see on Saturday.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Posts
    9,518

    Default Re: Akaka vs. Case Debate: Live Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kamuelakea
    Auntie,

    Ed Case should have cried. Would have been an easy win. If he doens't cry on camera this week, I don't think a conservative Haole democrat can win what has always been a Plantation Asian seat.

    We shall see on Saturday.
    Aloha Kamuelakea! I'm glad he didn't cry. He is more dignified of a man to lower himself do to that. As I've stated from the beginning..."When all is said and done ~ friends will still remain friends. Family will always be family. Whoever is elected ~ we all hope and pray...will do the best to represent us well!

    Come Election Day, the Voters will have chosen who will be going to the General Election. Actually, whoever wins the Primary wins it all!

    Good Luck to Dan Akaka and Ed Case both who have done much for Hawai'i nei!

    Love and Aloha

    Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    596

    Default Re: Akaka vs. Case Debate: Live Thread

    As the debate has come and gone, this "Live Thread" is being put out to pasture. Please continue discussion of the Akaka v. Case race in the Case versus Akaka thread.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •