This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Akaka vs. Case Debate: Live Thread

closing arguements are the best.... let's see if either candidate can sway me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ho'ohoa
      I disagree, Keanu. Akaka isn't giving me confidence that he handles the details.

It's your prerogative to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
        Hopefully you are TIVOing this.
        Yep. But it's slow going. You're all about fifteen minutes ahead of me!

On Akaka's first "rebuttal"? Definitely weak, and quite uncomfortable to watch. He was repeating himself, and was just getting going when he got cut off. And still fumbled his way to an attempt to wind up. If this early performance is any indication, there's a chance this debate could be exactly what Akaka's camp was trying to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
          closing arguements are the best.... let's see if either candidate can sway me.

I think you are on Case's payroll...you might want to return the payment. You didn't influence me.

Comment

I think that's what happened, PZ.

Comment

akaka didn't know what he's talking about with this healthcare...geez..

do i need to hear case eat him up on this?

Comment

corporatUSt-proxy self-promoter: Case ,,,Re: Akaka vs. Case Debate: Live Thread

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                AKAKA - sad when you need to READ about what you did and you can't recall from your own mind what you did.
                Such is the 'disadvantage' of Akaka's not being a practiced grandstander and a self-/corporatUSt-proxy promoter.

Comment

Where are the $1 boxes of cereal????
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: corporatUSt-proxy self-promoter: Case ,,,Re: Akaka vs. Case Debate: Live Thread

Originally posted by waioli kai
                    Such is the 'disadvantage' of Akaka's not being a grandstander and a self-/corporatUSt-proxy promoter.

LOL, advantage Waioli Kai.

Comment

Re: corporatUSt-proxy self-promoter: Case ,,,Re: Akaka vs. Case Debate: Live Thread

PZ, you may want to put up a poll on this thread to ask who won? Akaka? or Case? Or Undecided? KITV 4 News stated in their early newscast that they will have a poll on their website to get viewer opinions on who won. Most certainly the other TV stations will do likewise and report the informal results on the 10 o clock news.

KITV's poll will be at http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Wai'oli Kai and Keanu: that's part of the reason why he's so ineffective. Maybe if he had the communication skills he could have passed the Akaka Bill.

Comment

Points for Akaka being gracious enough to thank the hosts. Akaka was not as articulate in the debate but his closing is warm, heartfelt, articulate and conveys, for me, much more than Case's closing. Akaka rang true to me and conveyed more than just words.

Comment

Ed Case just disrespected Akaka AND Inouye. Case has a lot to learn about Hawai'i politics. His closing statement just sealed his political fate.

Comment

it's closing arguement... and I think this was a bad choice for akaka to agree to this...case just slipped a little durring his closing argument...ie; repeated a sentence...

Akaka...sorry you to much like my ohana family member that needs to retire and let a new generation take over....yes...it's about ohana... however were talking about politics...Quality of life does matter...however, a lot of Hawaii's residents are living pay check to pay check and some don't get a choice in their quality of life.

Case... you got me and my wifes vote....

Why wasn't AuntiePupule in this race...dang....that's where my vote would have gone!

Thank you admins for allowing this LIVE THREAD to give us an opportunity to express freely about our thoughts.

Manoa

Case took the "debate" in my eyes....

Who I vote for.... from what I have now seen .... it is CASE....
                              I'm tired of the old school network.

Comment

Mahalo PZ! Dis was FuN to participate in and to watch at the same time!

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X